Aberdeen Save 2022

Champions League Final 2045

From Signal Iduna Park

Stadium.jpeg

Thats right! Dortmund qualified for their first final in 34 years and it happens to be at their own stadium, 3rd final in a row without an English team involved too

Aberdeen 1-0 Dortmund
Match.png

A very tight final where the home advantage helped Dortmund but couldn't get them over the line as the DOns with a 7th Champions League in a row and our toughest win​

World Club Cup
Wc tree.png

Final
Aberdeen 3-1 Real Madrid

Final.png

We have completed the game on the Club front. The tie with Liverpool was lucky to go our way but after 2 terrible efforts in previous trips to this contest, we deserved this one.​

End of Season 23

SPL - Winner
SPL.png

13th title in a row and we won our 22nd SPL title to finally overtake our times as a runner up but were still 33 wins behind Rangers leading the way. We had a perfect first half of the season but after losing that perfect record we slowed down losing 3 more games as we rotated. Behind us, the top 6 were all split so much that we could have put the flag in the season after the split. Celtic & Hibs both jumped last year's Runner-Ups Rangers however all 4 get into the Champions League with the rising league coefficient. Dundee Utd and Hearts will be the Europa League hopes while Queens Park's reward for being champion of the bottom half is a spot in the Conference. Ross County is now a bottom half team with Hearts getting their act together after some close calls in the last decade. Motherwell's yo-yo situation remains with their relegation fascination. St Mirren who had spent 15 seasons top 7 and or in Europe are in the playoff for the 2nd season in a row. St Johnstone made an immediate return to the SPL as Cove fell flat on their face at the end of the season again and again fell apart in the playoffs

Playoffs
St Mirren 4-2 Hamilton
SPL PLayoffs.png

It was closer than last season but after losing the away leg a 3-0 win at home keeps them in the top flight

Managers
SPL Managers.png

Allan Campbell is back for his 2nd stint at Ross County. He is in his 5th SPL job and has yet to make it through 2 full seasons.

Europe
Celtic reached the Champions League Q/F losing to finalists Dortmund
Rangers lost the Old Firm's last 16 ties getting thrashed at Parkhead
Dundee Utd returned to Europe reaching the Europa League last 16
Hibs fell in the Europa League Playoff round
Queens Park's first adventure into Europe matches Hibs reaching the Europa League Playoff round
Ross County had a horrific Conference campaign with 1 win from their 4 qualifying games

Champions League Final
Aberdeen 1-0 Dortmund
CL FInal.png

Squad Review

Goalkeeper
Squad GK.png

Bit of trouble with the No2 spot but Ajayi is still the solid No1

Defence
Squad DF.png

Langton & Krajcek have locked down the wing-back roles but less secure is the spot next to Cummings who himself is away to turn 32 and no clear future CB at the club to play with or replace him.

Midfield
Squad MF.png

Wingers were the stars. Piepenbrock steps up in his 2nd season making it harder for Calder's path into the starting 11. Petkov's spot is slightly safer and after scoring the winning goal in the Champions League final was my star of the season, out with a certain striker. Alvarez, Zon and Jacobs are all on an equal footing splitting time in the middle, Jimenez is demoted to 4th choice and Martinez has repeatedly asked for a move to Argentina but every time i talk to him to accept his decision he just says he's happy to say despite me being happy to let him go.

Attack
Squad AT.png

MacIver outdid himself destroying the SPL scoring record and his own scoring 72 goals in 52 games. Craig statistically was the 2nd best forward but Dujakovic plays the harder game and has a far better Ave rating. Teenage Tomas Hernandez made a great first impression

Players for life
300+ Appearances

Samuel Ajayi - GK
P381 Clean sheets 223
Star Ajai.png

Bradley Cummings - DC
P726 G42
Star cummings.png

Ramiro Martinez - MC
P406 G73
Star martinez.png

Andreas Alvarez - MC
P322 G43
Star Alvarez.png

Dimitar Petkov - MR
P381 G139
Star petkov.png

Andy MacIver - ATT
P490 G537
Star maciver.png

Rankings

Club Ranking - 1st

rank club.png

National League - 4th
Ranks leagues.png

We hold onto our top 4 spot.

National Team ranking - 5th

Rankings national.png

Awards

Player of the Year

Andy MacIver
AWard player.png

Young Player of the Year
Didier Zon
Award youth.png

Top Scorer

award top scoer.png

Team of the Year
Award team.png

This is the 2nd time we have locked up 10/11 spot.​

Season 24
Aberdeen 2045

The Dons won a record-breaking 7th Champions League in a row and our first-ever world club cup. For the 3rd season in a row, my sole focus of the season is a perfect season in the SPL. It's embarrassing that I've never managed this before

Squad

Goalkeepers
Squad GK.png

The old 1-2 punch of Ajay and Lawrie is back. Lawrie's aim is to play 15-20 games a season as he is now Scotland's no1

Defence
SQaud DEf.png

The back four stays the same as last season. Depth is lacking but we have a few prospects in the u19 that will get game time and Berry & Alvarez can step back and play DC

Midfield
Squad mids.png

Our strongest midfield ever? Zon has replaced Martinez despite being even more attacking the elite midfielder is now set to be a key starter. Berry & Calder on the bench somehow need to break into this side

Attack
Squad Att.png

MacIver and Dujakovic continue to lead the line. I have no idea why Dujakovic never gets ant bids. Craig is just about ready to join Maciver up top. Hernandez could be better than all of them and i hope his lack of game time won't affect his development.

Transfer Window

SPL
SPL Transfers.png
SPL Transfers 2.png

Dundee Utd and especially Hibs open the coffers and spend record fee's making a mockery of the old firm. Especially Rangers

Aberdeen

In

Dons in 1.png
Dons in 2.png

A major drop to £16m was donated to other Scottish sides for their dross. I planned to go back in with more cash later in the window but was handicapped trying to loan out my own current players

6 Youths joined
Youth 1.png
youth 2.png
youth 3.png
Youth 4.png
Youth 5.png
Youth 6.png

Out
Dons out.png

Very quiet window on the sales front too. I planned to use Skeet as my backup MR but with plenty of depth and a silly offer from City saw him leave. Backups Defender Carvalho and keeper Larsen were moved on for our improving youth players.

Towards the end of the window, one of our players got his long-mooted move back to Argentina. Or did he?

Julio Geordio
i mean
Ramiro Martinez
P408 G73 A157 Ave7.29

Ramiro start.png
Ramiro end.png

So after 2 seasons of talking about wanting to move back to Argentina something i was happy to facilitate. The first offer we had was from Newcastle United. That team 250 miles away not quite the 7500 miles it is to his homeland. Ramiro wanted the move so after 2 spells and 11 seasons the club's greatest centre midfielder is away.​

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

Standard August perfect start in the league.

European Super Cup
Aberdeen 1-2 Tottenham
Suoer cup.png

I was not aware you could lose these

Champions League Draw
CL Draw.png

Tough draw this year​