Editing Continents on FM16. Not the same as FM15, it seems!

DeathRage

Reaction score
As you can see from the attached screenies, I've followed the instructions for changing a nation's continent - the same instructions used for the last couple of years - and yet things haven't gone quite to plan!

Has anyone attempted successfully to do this on FM16 yet?

Last edited:
Well, I can't really see that from your first screenshot, as there seems to be no "read-only" line in the code.

Was there such a line and you just deleted it? Or was it not there to begin with?

Have you maybe tried inserting the line

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="false"/>

?

I have not, but I'll have a look... But yeah, unless I'm completely missing something, the last couple of FM's it was simply a case of altering that highlighted false, changing it from true. I didn't explain that well at all. lol

Well, I can't really see that from your first screenshot, as there seems to be no "read-only" line in the code.

Was there such a line and you just deleted it? Or was it not there to begin with?

Have you maybe tried inserting the line

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="false"/>

?

Yeah OK, scratch what I said, I see what you mean! lol

Last edited:
Did you have any luck making the field editable? Because I would very much like to do that as well... ;)

Never mind, I found it myself and it does indeed appear to be the same as in previous years. :)

For those new to this "feature": Go to the directory

Programs --> Steam --> steamapps --> common --> Football Manager 2016 Editor --> data --> format --> database

and open the "nation" file in Wordpad. Search for "continent" to find the following section:

View attachment 206698

In the line marked with red, the value "true" needs to be changed to "false" as I have done.

Never mind, I found it myself and it does indeed appear to be the same as in previous years. :)

For those new to this "feature": Go to the directory

Programs --> Steam --> steamapps --> common --> Football Manager 2016 Editor --> data --> format --> database

and open the "nation" file in Wordpad. Search for "continent" to find the following section:

View attachment 990769

Spot on, mate. I haven't got around to trying it again yet... Helps if I'm looking in the right place, of course! cheers
In the line marked with red, the value "true" needs to be changed to "false" as I have done.

I have checked and the field does become editable if you follow the steps above. :)