FIFA 12 Firewall Status

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Hello, FM-Base!

As you'll know if you've got FIFA 12, it now gives you a 'Firewall Status' on the main menu, and it'll either be 'Open', 'Moderate' or 'Restrictive'.

If it's 'Open' - Then you should be fine, and have very little problems.

If it's 'Moderate' - You may lose connection every so often, and have more lag then the people with an 'Open' status.

If it's 'Restrictive' - You'll be playing the game and I'd guess it'll be laggy, hard to find games? And you'll lose connection pretty often (doesn't happen with everyone)

Well, I had this problem and I was on 'Restrictive' and after searching the Internet I found a nice guide which helped me get my status to 'Moderate' and depending on the type of the, it'll be 'Open', normally how this works is: If you're on 'Restrictive' it should get you on 'Moderate' and if you're on 'Moderate' it'll get you on 'Open', or you could even jump from 'Restrictive' too 'Open'.

Anyway, here is what to do.​
  • First of all we need to access your router.​
  • Open your web browser.​
  • Type 192.168.0.1 into your address bar. (sometimes can be different dependant on your router brand/model)​
  • A popup will appear asking for a username and password. By default:​
  • Username: admin​
  • Password: password/1234/admin or hopefully it has been changed by whoever setup the network.​
  • You should now be logged in to your router.​
  • Now we need to go about enabling UPnP and DMZ.​
  • Look for an advanced or gaming tab or something along those lines, again depends on router brand.​
  • Look for UPnP first as this usually only requires a box being checked to enable it.​
  • Enable and save once you got this done, gets it out the way.​
  • Now look for DMZ, it can be under firewall or security.​
  • Once you find it, enable it. Again usually requires a box being checked.​
  • When you enable it, you need to set an IP for it. This will be the IP of the 360/PS3 that you'll set on the console later.​
  • IP: 192.168.0.200 (bold part is the key as this is what makes it unique for your device)​
  • Should now be done with the router settings, save and reboot. Usually reboots automatically when you change settings.​
  • Consider doing a hard reboot just to be sure. Do this by unplugging your router and waiting 30 seconds before plugging it back in.​
  • Finally we are onto the console itself, start up your machine and go to Network settings.​
  • Here you need to set your IP manually. Change "automatic" to "manual",​
  • When you change to manual you will now be able to set a static IP. This will be 192.168.0.200. (remember this is what you set earlier)​
  • Save the settings and test the connection, should now test with no problem at all.​
  • Load up FIFA, go to the online section and see if it now says: Open​
  • This should now be you up and running for an improved online experience.

If you do this, and have any problems, just post and I, or someone else will try help you.

And this IS perfectly save, EA even suggest doing it.​

Forgot to say, it's also mega easy to do. So even if you aren't sure about this stuff, you'll be able to do it, no problem.

Forgot to say, it's also mega easy to do. So even if you aren't sure about this stuff, you'll be able to do it, no problem.

Nice ... got a restrictive firewall so hopefully this helps :) ...

This is the same for most games, on COD it's your NAT type.

It's not anything to do with lag as such, it's more to do with who you can connect to i.e:

Open > connect with anyone.
Moderate > can connect with open but rarely restricted.
Restricted > can connect with open but rarely moderate. Cannot connect to restricted.

This is the same on every game and in xbox live parties, two restricteds cannot connect with each other in a party unless an open is also in the party.

The simple way to get your status to be open is to reset your router, this may only be a temporary fix but it usually works. But yeah that whole editing your internet settings is fine and pretty safe unless you do something retarded.

Web browser

Hi,

When I open my web browser ( not Internet Searching) I cant find any place to type the number in.
Where is the text field to type it in? there is only a search field, and doesnt work typing it in there.

Please help a newb
- Christian

Hi,

When I open my web browser ( not Internet Searching) I cant find any place to type the number in.
Where is the text field to type it in? there is only a search field, and doesnt work typing it in there.

Please help a newb
- Christian

Type your IP Address into here:
b6afd5215984fd0cd4cfd6a1a469362d.png

Switching your router off and on and then doing a connection test also works, its how i fixed mine (360)

Problem!

Hey nice guide dude, one problem. I have an o2 router and i cant find the dmz option!
I have gone through many tutorials to fix my restrictive connection, even manually opening the ports that FIFA suggests.
Any help would be great :)

how about pc? since i bought fifa i never can connect to ea server..i have done porting,but still cant
someone can help me?