cdefghij

Reaction score
I'm currently managing a lower league team with a financial status of "insecure".
So I decided to set my priority to improve the financial status of the club and do not have to win every game.
I have cut the salary for the players, down to ~600/week, from the total budget of 1,800/week given by the board, in the hope of getting a good balance.
However, it doesn't help. I still got a balance of about (10k)/week, and the club will get back to insecure very soon.
So I checked the itemized expenses and tried to find out what happened.
I did find something that seems weird to me.

First, the largest part of my expenses is "other expenses". It really cost me a lot. I'm wondering what costs are included in this part, and how can I lower it?
I have one assistant coach who is paid 50/week, and one scout who is paid 9/week. Rest of the staff are not paid at all (including myself). But the salary that I'm spending every month is 836, which is 209/week and 150/week more than what I should have paid. Is there a way that can I get these back?
Finally, I added up every itemized expenses and compared it with the total amount that I spent, and they did not match. For example, the sum of all itemized expenses last month in my club is less than 9k, but the number showed up in the last row is more than 12.5k. So I'm losing ~3.5k/month for no reason. If anyone has this same experience before, and how can I lower this part of expense?

These several thousands pounds may be trivial to premiere league teams, but they do mean a lot to me, a lower league manager. Sorry I posted it at the wrong board and repost it here. And I apologize for my English.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know what is going on but you can sort out the finances a bit with a good cup run and an away time against a big club.

I don't know what is going on but you can sort out the finances a bit with a good cup run and an away time against a big club.

Thanks golem. I guess that's the best way that I can collect fast money:p
Besides, have you checked the numbers of expenses when you're managing lower leagues? Do they match?

Thanks golem. I guess that's the best way that I can collect fast money:p
Besides, have you checked the numbers of expenses when you're managing lower leagues? Do they match?
I have never checked and also you should always arrange friendlies against big clubs.