FM24 - Glory Hunter

misterioBean

Reaction score
FM24 - Glory Hunter

1699906209530.png

Welcome back everyone. Is good to be back sharing some more FM stories.
This time I decided to restart my unfinished Glory Hunter Challenge from FM23. Unfortunately I lost the save file so had to restart everything.
After a bit of deliberation, I decided to start in Italy once again. The main reason is simple. Out of the 5 top leagues, Italy is, in my opinion, the worst to manage. I really hate to manage in Italy so starting here would hopefuly help me getting rid of it sooner rather than later.

For my surprise, the Wheel said I was to start with Napoli, which were Serie A last season champions. We now have in our hands the job to retain the title.

Season One - Napoli

1699906851755.png

This season start had me kind of worrying when I saw all the draws we were getting against all the Italian sharks. Every other match was easily won but for some reason we just couldn't get over the top teams.

1699906979857.png

After a very successful month of December, we finally started losing games. Weirdly enough, it was against teams against who we were supposedly favourites. We also start beating all the other top teams we faced, apart from Roma and Lazio. Guess Roma was not our city this year.

1699907127064.png

Our end of season was very prolific. The 5-3 win against Inter was the best match I've seen in the last few months playing FM.

1699907272987.png

At the end of the day, we ended up claiming the Serie A title for the second year in a row. So that checks the Serie A title out of the needed titles for the challenge. I didn't expect to win it in our first try but Napoli has been very strong since last FM edition so I guess it's not that surprising.

We had two other competitions to win this season though. Let's see how that went:

1699907510498.png

1699907476299.png

We also ended up winning the Scudetto!
So that's two titles out of the challenge in our first season.

1699907582819.png

Unfortunately, we couldn't get past from the UCL Round of 16, losing to Porto in Portugal and unable to get revenge back in Italy. Would have been nice to get this one out too but we still have a lot more years to get it.

From my experience, the European titles are always the hardest to win in this challenge, unless we start with Man. City or Real Madrid but what's the fan in that?

1699907744793.png

We also won the Supercup, but this doesn't really impact our challenge since the Supercups are not a part of the needed trophies for the challenge.

What's next?

1699907816807.png

After the end of the season, our board gave us 30M to spend in the summer in order to strenghten the squad. Unfortunately, we lost our playmaker, Piotr Zieliński in January, after he said he would not sign a new contract with the club. In addition, Anguissa, Lobotka, Kvaratskhelia and Osimhen are all wanted by big teams in Europe and are unlikely to be happy to stay in the club next year.

1699908192655.png

With that in mind, since we no longer have anything left for us in Italy to justify staying for another year.

The only question now is: What's the next step in our managerial career?
We will need to wait to find out!​