pebbels4

Reaction score
Howdy everybody,
i started a game in german Regionalliga (fourth league split in 3 divisions with 18 teams in each) and would like to know if you have any good ideas for training to share. I read that one should concentrate on physical training, so i got me a good fitnesscoach (strength+aerobic is 3,5 stars), but i'm not sure on how to assemble the schedules. I downloaded my current schedules from http://www.truefootballmanager.com/2009/12/football-manager-2010-training-schedule.html but since they were made for first league clubs i'm not sure if i should raise the physical training or go for more tactical training or whatever. Any ideas are very appreciated.
Also i still can't figure out how to make surplus. The finances of my club drop about 80k every month, with six or seven friendlies against big clubs at season start i just can bolster two month, and there is allready an overtake after just 8 month going on (what are the effects of it?). I signed a 17 year old wonderkid with double digits in allmost all attributes (he is twice as good as my next best player) and allready worth 270k, but i'd like to have him around for some more years to sell him for even more, but in my news there's some rumors going around that he - being a topearner at the club - should be sold very soon. What can i do to make some serious cash and hold that player?
And my last question is: I'm currently using 4-3-3 tactics and i don't want my strikers to use long shots (which they do a lot) since they allmost never even hit the goal, so what else can i do except using the "work ball into box" command to have them closing down more to the goal?
thanks for reading & sorry for the abuse of your wonderful language

Hi.
As for #1 it doesn't matter whose schedules you are using... so just stick with them... don't raise or lower anything.
as for long shots, in individual settings set long shots to rarely.
as for keeping the wonderkid in regionalliga...i don't think it is possible... he will have to leave eventually. you just aren't the club, big enough... just try to pump up his value and get as much money from transfer as possible.... it is very hard to play regional leagues and keep wonderkids...almost to impossible (if you didn't cheat with editor, that is)

use your outside forwards as 'inside forwards' set to 'support'. Use 'exploit wing' and 'clear ball to wing' as in-play touchline instructions. Use right footed forward on left and set player instruction on wing play to 'cut inside'.... vice versa for right hand side. I use 4-3-3 against teams who perform better against 4-4-2 formations and use this format. Works a treat for me but I suppose it also depends on the rest of the team. Also, use 'narrow' width and set full backs to 'automatic'. Also passing to 'more direct' except for full backs who should be set to 'long ball'. Allows plenty of space for your forwards to run onto balls and draws opposition full backs into centre of pitch. set your middle striker as 'poacher'. Attributes for your left and right forwards should be based around pace, acceleration and crossing / passing. Your central forward around first touch, finishing / heading. hope that helps.

As for the "hanging on to player" part..I would try to loan him out if he get's really unhappy.
Good teams will probably line up if he's any good. That would mean the other club would pay his wages (most likely), the player will improve and you can keep onto him until he can be sold with profit or your finances are strong enough to keep him.

For training I like Tugs training, but I never used it below league 1 so no idea how effective it is for Regional liga. Good luck
What team are you playing anyway?

Im managing in Scottish DIv 3 and I would say have more physical training, and also download proven tactics from the board like maybe Complete domminance? As for friendlies only play foreign clubs and check which ones give you the most money, and only play away as it costs more to host a match than it does to travel.