winfield

Reaction score
Should've started this earlier but anyways this is my second attempt at getting a BSS team to the premiership. My previous attempt got me to league 1 but my PC died taking my save with it. In my second season, Won the FA Trophy and BSS in my first season, thanks to the lower league legends Gael Kakuta, Fraser Franks and the Reunion boys. Fraser Franks was named BSS player of the season and I became his favoured personnel! So when he was released by Brentford I picked him up for cheap. I also became Gael Kakuta's favoured personnel but unfortunately that's not enough to convince him to join my lowly team. Hopefully he won't be too expensive by the time he'll sign for me. Thankfully the board has allowed me to at least scout France so I've got scouts busily scouting French, Scottish and English u18's

Anyways its a neck and neck race for promotion nearly 1/2way through the season. Nardiello missed 1/2 the season last year with a back injury and he's come back with a vengeance. Only thing is I don't have a reliable backup for him. His backup is the 18 year old Joseph Boakye who is extremely untested (read: finishes like a blind man because of a 4 value for composure) but has the physicality to at least dominate aerially with his size and aerial ability. Suggestions would be appreciated to fill a complete forward role but preferably with size as apparently we're one of the shortest teams in the league. Transfer windows closed but hopefully I can find someone through the scouts. I can't recall scoring from a header of a corner this season. It's been mostly a goalmouth scramble off corners.

Gael Kakuta's deep lying playmaker role is being manned quite succesfully by Solomon Shields from St Albans on a free. Anthony Griffith (ex Port Vale) is manning the DM spot and despite being a horrid passer (value of 4!)has been trained to make short simple passes so at least he hasn't messed up yet. David King (ex MK Dons) has been solid for me as well - a solid workhorse in the midfield despite lacking in the flair attribute. does a good job as a central defence and right back when needed as well. Using the 4-5-1 Napoli tactic and the youth training schedules found in the downloads section. I've tried a 4-4-2 diamond and a vanilla 4- 4-2 but I never really got consistent results on previous saves. Why 4-5-1? My previous strikers had horrid attributes even for BSS but I had decent wingers and midfielders. I've released them/sold them off. Mainly Welsh teams were interested which surprised me. One of them was unfortunately a club icon but he stank it up so badly the fans were happy I let him go on a free.

Anyways here's some screenies and hopefully I can defend the FA Trophy as well as win BSP. Have a big FA Cup match against L2 side Brentford for a spot in the 3rd round against the big boys coming up. Hihglight of the season thus far - Grays Athletic manager talking trash about me prior to rivalry game on their pitch. The team thankfully responded and smashed them 4-0. On Holidays ATM so I should be able to get through the remainder of the season during the few days. Goalkeeper is my most hotly contested position with Joe Wooley, Scott Gallacher and youngster Mitch Walker all fighting it out for the teams future no1 keeper

23/11/2010
Got lucky with a win against Darlington 1-0 but an own goal in extra time saved me. Their keeper was nigh on unbeatable. That was the highest rating for a keeper I had seen in all my game an 8.0. A win is a win and that got me to the top of the table. Currently clear by 2 points. Cambridge though is tearing through defenses in this season. lead the league with 43 goals for. Next best is York with 35 and me with 33. Don't know how my defense is going to hold up. I lead the league in against with only 13 conceded but Cambridge is too shabby there either coming in second with 18
26/11/2010
WOOHOO massive 2-1 win against Brentford. Bad start as the Simon Dunne and Jim Ablancourt got carved up by Ben Strevens to score a close finish. Seroiusly he just ran right down the middle no challenge - nothing. Oh well at least I won't have to pay my keeper's clean sheet bonus. I was tempted to change from my attack to just defensive mode in fear of getting drubbed. Through to the next round of the FA Cup. Awesome come from behind victory. Nardiello with volleyed a left footed screamer from the edge of the area at the 52 min mark. Midfielders tackling like crazy for the next 40mins. Never seen anything like it. Massive effort Sad thing is I'm tempted to go to my reserves for my next round as I don't have a big enough squad to be able to keep trying to go through the FA cup, Fa Trophy and try to win the BSP. If I get a BSP or L2 team I'll go for one more but If come up against an L1 or Championship side I'll throw in my u18's to save my teams morale and give the first team a rest for the other competitions.
29/11/2010
The next round of the FA Cup is drawn and I've pulled Championship side Doncaster. Cup run ends here? It's still a home game though. But the schedule is ridiculous 4 games in 8 days

Last edited: