My biggest FM 24 gripe so far

lithichok

Reaction score
I am still getting into FM24 after a preposterous amount of time with FM23 (thanks GamePass).

I did a quick intro save with Arsenal to test my tactic and get used to new mechanics, I then jumped into my actual side with Giresunspor in Turkey. One thing is really standing out to me...

PLAYERS ASKING FOR NEW CONTRACTS.

I know this has always been an issue in all of the recent FM games, but holy **** is it more noticeable in 24.

At Arsenal, one month into the season I had backup players trying to tell me they were underpaid even though they are only squad players (example would be Fabio V who has a recent IRL contract to 2027).

In Turkey, my team is in financial ruin after relegation in real life, literally under a transfer embargo through the first window. In the first week of my save, I had THREE players come to me telling me they were underpaid. I then had the entire squad call a team meeting because we didn't have enough squad depth (again under a transfer embargo). I have counted (now in February) 17 CONVERSATIONS with my players that have gone "I am concerned that I am underpaid" ...... "The club can't afford a new contract for you" .... "OK boss I understand" or "You haven't handled this well"

Something about the frequency of it is killing the immersion in the simulation for me. Like JFC can I at least sit down with the team and tell them "YO HOMIES WE AINT GOT NO MONEY CAN WE JUST STOP TALKING ABOUT IT....I LITERALLY JUST SOLD THE CARPET OUT OF THIS ROOM TO KEEP OUR LIGHTS ON."

Anyway that is all I just wanted to....JFC MY FOURTH DEPTH CB JUST INTERUPTED THIS POST TO ASK FOR A NEW CONTRACT.

Last edited by a moderator: