I thought I'd create a tactic that fit my players.
That is important, but hopefully you didn't just choose their "best" rated role and duty? The tactic needs to work. That's most important.

So, considering that, what was the plan when creating this? And are the players doing what you wanted in that plan?

You do have a million TIs and I'm not sure why. So explaining why you selected them would help.

That is important, but hopefully you didn't just choose their "best" rated role and duty? The tactic needs to work. That's most important.

So, considering that, what was the plan when creating this? And are the players doing what you wanted in that plan?

You do have a million TIs and I'm not sure why. So explaining why you selected them would help.

Agreed, be good if you could share some details of your aims? I presume it is a high press / high possession tactic?

I have had good success with a 4-1-2-3 with Hibs of late (dont laugh...)

Some of your TI's conflict. ie you have 'retain posession' and 'run at defense' - this simultaneously tells your team to prioritise keeping the ball but run at players also, which is inherently risky.

I find the key to the majority of tactics is keeping it simple, so perhaps try picking 3-4 TI's max and a couple of PI's that complement this. I started with;

Defensive line to as high as possible
Closing down to maximum
Shorter passing.

Control mentality with fluid shape.

As I progressed through the seasons and gotten to know the tactic, I added 'use offside trap' and changed one of my CB's to a 'stopper' duty which really compressed space further up the pitch. I also added 'use tighter marking' which contributed further to this idea and really helped bring the idea to fruition, which was a high press, high possession tactic.

If I have a lot of the ball during the game I might use 'look for overlap' - but be cautious using this as it can really slow down the tempo of your play, and wouldn't add a lot with your WB's on a defend duty.

On 'play out of defense', you may just be better asking your GK to distribute to your full backs or centre backs specifically.

You also again need to look at the player roles against your overall aim. Ball playing centre backs will try and make risky passes which will often give the ball away, rather than help your team build attacks.

Hope that's useful.

It all depends on what you want to achieve. This is quite a forward-thinking tactic so will do well against lower rep teams.

With wide attackers on attack, there isn't much room for overlapping wingbacks to be honest. Your AML/R should be coming narrower to make room for them.

Wit ha strong team like Bayern, I would not do much when playing away other than 'ease off' a bit. Drop mentality, a bit more structure and a few more supporting roles rather than attacking ones.

If you are playing at home, weaker opponents will dig in against you, but playing away they will be a bit more attacking, so just try and instill a bit more patience in your tactic.

Why not experiment a bit, strip all the TIs out and play standard/flexible - add TIs in as and when the match dictates.