Recently downloaded Football Manager, need you to help me with tactics

Expression

Reaction score
First of all, i want to start telling you guys that english isn't my first language. I apologize for all the mistakes that you might found in this post.

So...short-long story i downloaded Football Manager, the full game was too overwhelming (and slow paced) to me and i switched to FM Touch. I started playing with Real Madrid because i thought that it would ease my learning curve and somehow make things be a little easier. View attachment 1166615 This was my starting run (disregarding friendlies vs very bad teams) I was playing a 4132 and as you can see, i had much trouble getting goals...frustrated i started looking like a mad man videos, guides, posts, tactics, whatever could help me to understand the game better. Yes, i found already made "tactics" and "supertactics" that glitched the engine, but i do not want to use them. I think that would take away all the fun, i want to understand the game, which things go together and which things do not.

So, after this research i made this: View attachment 1166616

And finally got some results View attachment 1166617

I thought i found the magic formula...but i was wrong, as you can see in the last 3 matches, i still got problems scoring goals. Even in the other matches, the majority of them comes from Cristiano Ronaldo magic headers, penaltys or random rebounds. Please, help me understand what im doing wrong. Share some of your knowledge, link me posts / videos / guides that may be useful to me.

I currently start with no PI's. Sometimes (in the middle of a match) i put "Move Into Channels" to both my AP and CF. I also think that i should use "Fewer Risky Passes" with Keylor because his distribution sucks and maybe with Varane because he always seems to lose the ball too much.

Also, what should i do with Opposition Instructions? usually i only take the advice from my assistant with "Show onto foot" and "tackling" leaving everything else as default.View attachment 48536

Thanks in advance and again, im sorry for any mistakes

First of all, i want to start telling you guys that english isn't my first language. I apologize for all the mistakes that you might found in this post.

So...short-long story i downloaded Football Manager, the full game was too overwhelming (and slow paced) to me and i switched to FM Touch. I started playing with Real Madrid because i thought that it would ease my learning curve and somehow make things be a little easier. View attachment 1166615 This was my starting run (disregarding friendlies vs very bad teams) I was playing a 4132 and as you can see, i had much trouble getting goals...frustrated i started looking like a mad man videos, guides, posts, tactics, whatever could help me to understand the game better. Yes, i found already made "tactics" and "supertactics" that glitched the engine, but i do not want to use them. I think that would take away all the fun, i want to understand the game, which things go together and which things do not.

So, after this research i made this: View attachment 1166616

And finally got some results View attachment 1166617

I thought i found the magic formula...but i was wrong, as you can see in the last 3 matches, i still got problems scoring goals. Even in the other matches, the majority of them comes from Cristiano Ronaldo magic headers, penaltys or random rebounds. Please, help me understand what im doing wrong. Share some of your knowledge, link me posts / videos / guides that may be useful to me.

I currently start with no PI's. Sometimes (in the middle of a match) i put "Move Into Channels" to both my AP and CF. I also think that i should use "Fewer Risky Passes" with Keylor because his distribution sucks and maybe with Varane because he always seems to lose the ball too much.

Also, what should i do with Opposition Instructions? usually i only take the advice from my assistant with "Show onto foot" and "tackling" leaving everything else as default.View attachment 1166618

Thanks in advance and again, im sorry for any mistakes

Most of the attachments are not working