I had a similar structure set up before the days of the advanced editor. I tried a similar set up last season, but had to give up on on it as the clashes were too difficult to overcome. I'll follow this thread in case someone does manage it.

Reading the rules, **** thats gonna be a ballache to put together.. Can you even make a selection on non qualified for europe teams. Cant say ive ever seen the option..

Can be done in the advanced editor, you take the last winner of the Scottish cup and the next 3 best teams from the SPL, give them a low seeding so they get picked last. I've made a database which verifies but I get errors when running the game. Work in progress as they say.

Can be done in the advanced editor, you take the last winner of the Scottish cup and the next 3 best teams from the SPL, give them a low seeding so they get picked last. I've made a database which verifies but I get errors when running the game. Work in progress as they say.

The group stage will involve all 38 teams not involved in European competition, plus the winners of the Highland League and Lowland League.

You could set the losers of the finals to qualify, I'm wondering if the editor will fall down when a team does the double or the treble as the winners and the losers from the final would qualify if the winners already bagged qualification via the league?

If i'm right, and the editor takes the qualifications from the top down, setting the winner of the fa cup first and then the best teams from the SPL second, that would mirror life. So if Celtic for example did the double, they'd get the top seeding for their cup place (as that is top of the seeding list), then teams 2-4 would get the other top seeds as Celtic have already qualified.

I've got it to work that way, and Celtic (SPL1), Aberdeen (SPL2), St. Johnstone(SPL4) and Inverness(Cup) all stay out of the group stage, Brora and Edinburgh City go in from tier 5 as they should. But once I proceed in the game I get crashes.