HOPE-ESTHEIM

Reaction score
Has anyone found an effective set piece tactic for a club like man utd?
free kicks corners etc

Has anyone found an effective set piece tactic for a club like man utd?
free kicks corners etc

I find the default setup to be à good starting point. Then I adjust using inswinging( Center,near post), outswinging(center, far post) depening on My best cornertaker best foot.
The same goes for freekicks where I go for My best header, making sure that he attacks from deep.

Last edited:
I've always liked to send the ball to the middle, with my tallest and best header jumping with the GK. Results? Nothing...:D
Also tried to the 2nd post with both CBs there. Results? Nothing... :D

Here it will be ones of those areas where people will look for a glitch and use it. And maybe because of that, set pieces could be just impossible in fm13, like long shots on 12.

I really like the fact that no setpiece has been cracked.
I have 5 goals this season from 30 games.With the highest being Stoke at 9 I think,so its very realistic in that sense.
Corner goals I mean.
Trying to sort out the goals conceded from them.
I am doing ok with defending corners if I keep 3 forward since they dont pack my box,though packing the box seems to work as well for corners.

But it is with defending free kicks that I am having serious issues.
These are the settings I have tried so far:
4 man mark,3 forward,1 wall,2 back
4 man mark,3 forward,2 wall,1 back
4 man mark,1 forward,4 wall,1 back
I looked at the goals and the problem seems to be that while all my defenders are on the edge of the D-box,one player always seems to be behind just sitting along the side edge.and he plays them onside for T-balls from short corners or for long free kicks if taken as an outswinger.
I have one player doing that if I put 3 forward and if I keep 1 forward,I have 2 doing that.Can anyone help me please?

I almost never concede from corners but I do give away continuous goals from crosses in open play :mad:

My corners defending is just the default!