Singer Whitney Houston dies aged 48

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
UKNews120220120115363-1.jpg

Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, has died. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster said that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unclear.

At her peak in the 1980s and 1990s, Houston was the golden girl of the music industry and one of the world's best-selling artists.

Among her hits were How Will I Know, Saving All My Love for You and I Will Always Love You.

She won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year.

Her success carried her beyond music to movies like The Bodyguard.

But by the end of her career, drug use took its toll as her record sales plummeted and her voice became raspy and hoarse.

RIP, an incredible voice, unfortunately fame lead her down the wrong path.

Very tragic. Very, very tragic. R.I.P

RIp Whitney Houston. :( tragic moment. didnt believe it at first, and then i saw it in BBC later.

Aaron Ramsey scores:

vs Man Utd and Bin Laden dies the next day
vs Tottenham and Gaddafi dies the next day
vs Marseille and Steve Jobs dies the next day
vs Man City and Kim Jong Il dies the next day
vs Sunderland and Whitney Houston dies the next day.

this guy does not score much... but when he does...

Some of these stars need to read Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diaries or Steven Adlers My Appetite For Destruction. Big deterrent to keep off drugs reading those. Shame these talented people have to turn to drugs so often.

Agreed, it's sad, although some people are reacting like she was basically family, which seems a bit odd, but I suppose it was the same when MJ died, and other famous people. I just struggle to understand how you can have such compassion and emotion over someone you didn't know personally. She was a good singer though, completely off the rails for the last few years, but considering her success earlier in her career, you can hardly say she was a wasted talent. Hopefully this news will give some people a reality check about drugs, and how they can ruin people, and obviously kill people, and it's rather naive to suggest otherwise.