(Solved) Hmmm my Laptop is saying that the CD content is unreadable

SmoothJitsu

Reaction score
Which is funny considering i've tried every other game i have and the CD is being read just fine. I just spent 50 euros on this **** and the problem is not from my laptop. i better have a solution until the end of the day

Last edited:
Which is funny considering I've tried every other game i have and the CD is being read just fine. I just spent 50 euros on this **** and the problem is not from my laptop. i better have a solution until the end of the day

Sounds like the Disk was not correctly finalized during the burning process. If you need the disk, make sure you try it on another PC before you return it (I work in IT, if you don't try it on at least two devices, we won't believe you) and if it is faulty; ask for a replacement product.

Optional Solution:
You don't need the CD though: Use the CD Key and download it from the Steam Servers.

You don't need the disc at all. Use the CD key located on the manual inside the box and enter it on steam.

You don't need the disc at all. Use the CD key located on the manual inside the box and enter it on steam.

LOL i figured that out just one second before reading this. Thanks anyway fellas and sorry my roid rage.. i really want to play this game!!

Sounds like the Disk was not correctly finalized during the burning process. If you need the disk, make sure you try it on another PC before you return it (I work in IT, if you don't try it on at least two devices, we won't believe you) and if it is faulty; ask for a replacement product.

Optional Solution:
You don't need the CD though: Use the CD Key and download it from the Steam Servers.

Thanks Brendn i don't need the CD i'll just download the game from Steam. Good work on the liverpool story

No problem. The boxed version of the game is quite an outdated concept now, it is only really there to appease the people who like to have an archived collection of discs. It is quite cool to see every FM since 2005 lined up on your wall, but not essential.

I bought a boxed copy of the game but downloaded it from Steam.... now that I think about it; I left the house for nothing!
My whole life has been a lie! :O

No problem. The boxed version of the game is quite an outdated concept now, it is only really there to appease the people who like to have an archived collection of discs. It is quite cool to see every FM since 2005 lined up on your wall, but not essential.

True it is outdated. But i'm a guy who suffers from a bit of OCD and i like having those boxes lined up on the wall. even though i started playing FM in 2009 so it's not as pretty as that haha