Timoshenko

Reaction score
I need some Opinions Help since im still somewhat new to FM.

I am Currently Managing Lincoln City just won the BSBP Championship and was Promoted to League 2. I am Currently halfway through my first League 2 Season and have 5 strikes in my squad. I started off with 3 and played a 4-3-1-2 but last game of the season one got hurt and the other got injured in preseason. My Problem is its now all 5 are healthy and i switched to a 4-3-2-1 so lack of playing time for half of em.

Should I sell 2 of the higher priced players and make a profit and stick and develop my lower rated players (3 are 2 1/2 stars with a potential of 4/ 4 1/2)
or

ditch my lower rated plays and stick with the higher rated stars(2 are 4 stars)

I really think that depends on where you want to take your game. I'm playing Blyth and am also starting my npower 2 season, but my priority is to get to the EPL in as few seasons as possible (I don't have much time to play the game :p), so I would sell the lower rated players. If you are ok with tarrying around, selling the better strikers may be a better way to go, as you can use the funds for other things. In either case, I would definitely play the lower-rated players as your starters (pretending as if you already sold your better strikers) and see how well you play. You don't want the lack of seasoned strikers to cause you to be relegated back into BSP.

Also, remember that the 4.5-star potential will result in a 4.5-star player only under perfect conditions. An npower-2 club will not have the adequate training facilities and coaches to truly make excellent players out of them.

And another consideration: I don't know how slowly you're climbing the league ladder, but one of the issues is that say you're promoted two seasons from now. You need better players. So those 4.5-star potential youths now become 3-star potential because you raised the bar for your team by purchasing better players to keep you in npower-1. Now their potential is not going to be good enough as you'll urgently need better strikers and you'll have to ditch them in favor of better players. Now they won't be getting any first-team playing time and their progress will stall, making the whole experiment useless.

So with the above considerations, I'd say ditch the crappier players. If you're planning to stick around in npower-2 for 5 seasons, then keeping the lower-rated players may have merit, but like I said, don't expect them to end up 4.5-star players. That's their potential. An npower-2 club doesn't have the means to make that potential to fully develop into reality.