The Liverpool Thread

As expected, Ipswich join Leicester in getting promoted. But still utter ***** that.

Leeds are a horrible set of lads. But I'd take them any day of the week over that trek to Suffolk. Ipswich and Norwich are the single worst places to get to from the North West in the Country. Either by road or train, it's a complete ball ache of a 4/ 5 hour journey. Honestly, it's easier to get to Bournemouth and back. And you just know they'll put it on a Monday night .....

Crossing everything for either Leeds or West Brom to come up through the playoffs. Norwich and Southampton can proper do one!

As for the other way, pulling hard for Burnley to stay up and drop Luton and the scab btards!

Last edited:
Perfect shorts and sunnies day for the first real time this year as we pay homage, and share one of only three days we have left, with a man who stands comparison with ANYONE this behemoth of a football club has EVER had the privilege to employ. On and off the park.

There won’t be a ground louder or more colourful across Europe today. To the absolute dismay of all the white noise gobshites on-line trying their petty hardest to get a reaction from you, who never will understand the shared connection we have with Jurgen who just gets us, his adopted City, and the football club that bares its name like they NEVER will, these last three games aren’t about feeling sorry for ourselves for falling short in a wonderful league assault. They are about saying thank you to a man from Germany’s Black Forest, who we are proud to class as one of own. A man who’s made you remember why you fell n love with the sport in the first place and what this game is all about. A release and shear enjoyment at the end of the working week to put lifes problems aside and lose yourself in your team. The least important of life's most important things. He’s taken us on a journey nobody could ever wish to better. Good and bad. And reconnected Shanks ‘Holy Trinity.’ Supporters. players and manager. Together as one once more.

Soz abar us if you don’t understand that and how we roll. Soz abar you if all you are about is trophies and you look enviously down the East Lancs at club 115. I know one thing for fact, Guardiola will NEVER have that connection and unadulterated love with his people like Jurgen does with his no matter what he wins.

For every Red that does get it, let the party of his long goodbye begin in earnest!

I know match-going fans are completely different from online fans and Darwin gets love despite his shortcomings but I see he has removed Liverpool posts from his Instagram and that stems from the hit pieces put out by the club IMO as the like of Joyce and Bascoumbe are fed by the club. Disgusting play from a player who needs our support and call me a conspiracy theorist but we know Nunez was a Klopp signing and Edwards has used the latter before to put out pieces but I don't like this at all. YNWA means much more and call me crazy again but I still believe that if we play to Nunez strengths there's an absolute world-class forward in there somewhere.

Edit: Actually scratch that I don't think its a conspiracy theory at all as Joyce rarely puts out anything without it being foolproof, defo an Edwards-sanctioned hit piece, and with Nunez losing his biggest supporter in Klopp this summer im not so sure.

Perfect day out with Jurgen’s magnificent Reds in his penultimate Anfield game.

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
23 wins down/ 2 to go. (Adjusted from pre-season target of 30 wins.).
78 points down/ 6 to go.
(Adjusted from pre-season target of 93 points.).

Klopp Farewell Tour:
23 games down/ 2 to go.
P 23 W 15 D 3 L 5 F 58 A 31 CS: 4

1 trophy down/ 1 to go. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Probably the last time they’ll be a ‘Title Countdown’ above this season after City play next Sat’day dinner. But the fact, even with our April blip that ultimately cost them, they’ve taken a title battle, when 99% of people predicted they’d struggle to make top 4, to 3, maybe 2 games from the end of the season, what will likely end up an 80-plus points season, is phenomenal in context. Made that much greater an achievement when you consider everything they’ve had to overcome with all the major injuries all season long costing them more minutes than any other side and not having a fully fit squad to select from for any game all season. The atrocious officiating/ VAR decisions that have disgracefully decided this title race and had the PGMOL apologising to LFC twice as much as any other side this season. The mad fixture scheduling with more than double the amount of Sat’day dinner games than any other team. Often after Thursday night games. And all this from one of the youngest sides in the league that had, lest we forget, a completely rebuilt midfield this summer. Losing its captain, vice captain and main stay #6 ‘lighthouse’ in the process. All pivotal pieces through Jurgen winning everything. Yeah, we hoped for more and the perfect send off for him with #20. And to that end it’s frustratingly annoying. But in context of everything above, to improve on last seasons mess with a serious title challenge, probably only one of 2 teams this year in the PL to win major silverware, and a final league placing of no lower than third after yesterday really is a phenomenal first season for this rebuilt, young group that bodes fantastically for the future and the success we’ve had under Jurgen to continue under Slot.

And was the main reason why the partying, joyous attitude of everyone at the match yesterday was the complete opposite to all the WAY OTT doom and gloom we’ve seen on-line of late. We know how good this group has been all year. And we know just what a special, special man, OUR man, we are coming to the end of and how we want to relish every last second with him and thank him for the last 8/9 years that have been the best and most enjoyable of many of our lives.

And they reciprocated to a bouncing atmosphere with a superb display that was probably the best all season since we totally dismantled Villa early doors. And full credit to Tottenham too. If that was a ‘dead rubber’ game, I’d hate to see one with something on it! Both teams went hammer and tongs in the warm sunshine of a gorgeous May day to produce an absolute treat of a football match. Four outstanding L’pool goals with the Reds back to their imperious best not letting ‘Spurs breathe. But all credit to Tottenham, they never stopped working and playing their game. And they got their reward with 2 late goals. Without ever threatening to do much more on top of that. You could be proper churlish and criticise L’pool for not keeping a clean sheet. But that’s football and always will be when you are SO dominant in the sun. You naturally relax up. The subs that contributed to that mad 5 minute spell don’t happen in context like that if the game is tighter and not long won. So absolutely no concerns there with ‘Spurs goals and you are looking at this the completely wrong way if you are.

Full credit to Tottenham’s fans BTW who contributed to a marvellous atmosphere and never stopped backing and believing in their side. Many L’pool ‘fans’ on-line of late could sadly learn a lot from them. And full credit to ourselves for sticking with our boys and giving our man the fitting send off he deserves for all the joy and priceless memories he’s given us. There were two long periods of his name/ song, being belted out over and over and over. That was hard enough. Wolves will be proper emotional with barely a dry eye in the house. I know I’ll be a wreck in floods anyway.

Too many outstanding individual performances to mention. But how timely was it from Mo to shut the mad naysayers up with a return to his best? All the man does is set record after record after record after record ….. Now the first player in PL history to hit double figure goals and assists in three straight years. With yesterday’s goal leaving him 2 shy of a 5th season out of 7 of 20 or more PL goals. With the other two garnering 19. That’s now 6 out of 7 seasons he’s scored 25 plus in all comps. Oh, lest we forget, NO L’pool player has assisted more goals through his 7 seasons here. Not bad for a (madly STILL! 🤦‍♂️) perceived greedy, one season wonder aye? And people seriously want to get rid of him. The mind boggles. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Superb to put April behind us and have the Reds back to what we know they are to give our man the fitting send off he deserves.

Can’t believe I have only two more dates out with him left. 😭😭

But at least we’ll make the most of them. Because we are Liverpool and having a boss time and standing by/ thanking our own, is what we do.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
I know match-going fans are completely different from online fans and Darwin gets love despite his shortcomings but I see he has removed Liverpool posts from his Instagram and that stems from the hit pieces put out by the club IMO as the like of Joyce and Bascoumbe are fed by the club. Disgusting play from a player who needs our support and call me a conspiracy theorist but we know Nunez was a Klopp signing and Edwards has used the latter before to put out pieces but I don't like this at all. YNWA means much more and call me crazy again but I still believe that if we play to Nunez strengths there's an absolute world-class forward in there somewhere.

Edit: Actually scratch that I don't think its a conspiracy theory at all as Joyce rarely puts out anything without it being foolproof, defo an Edwards-sanctioned hit piece, and with Nunez losing his biggest supporter in Klopp this summer im not so sure.

What an I missing mate?

Not seeing anything from Joyce? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Having looked into that this AM, with the level of disgraceful on-line abuse he gets, its a wonder he hasn’t closed down all his SM accounts.

Lest we forget this is a player who, in a nowhere near perfect/ top second season, has still bagged 18 goals with 13 assists. 31 goal involvements, with a further 12 attempts that have hit the woodwork. From a player many blerts make out to be worse than Erik Meijer. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Just needs a few little tweaks to his game like learning he doesn’t need to go early and be off-side with the ridiculous pace he has. He can drop back and still burn people. And the composure will come with experience. It’ll all click sooner rather than later and we’ve seen enough to know he has all the traits to be an absolutely unplayable #9 when it does.

Super frustrating as he develops. But nowhere near the stage where you give up on him. We paid the money we did, for his potential over the long haul. Completely agree theres a proper player there.

And one nowhere near deserving of the low life abuse he gets from many on-line.

What an I missing mate?

Not seeing anything from Joyce? 🤷🏼‍♂️
After the Everton game when we was out of the race him and bascoumbe put out what was essentially a hit piece on Nunez. Ill try and find it.
Edit:

Both him and Joyce posted a near identical hit piece on Darwin and considering Edwards has used them both in the past too get his leaks out. Both of them are the clubs mouthpieces and if they are posting something then its defo been leaked to them from above. Rightly or wrongly to make a point, theres ways to go about this if you are trying to move Nunez on.

Last edited:

He is just a baby in CB terms but hasn't looked out of place. Yes he has made mistakes but that's the nature of learning the game at this level. The first choice ahead of Konate to partner Virgil for me, who I would be looking to move on. Not because his form has tailed off but simply because you can't rely on him to be fit and it takes him a couple of games to get going and then he breaks down again.

NSFW!

No surprise there. We know Rafa’s an A1 *****. Stevie was lucky he got to go the players plane! Chris Kirkland was slumming it on our ******* Monarch flight! Did the day trip, Stood there the queue Speke early morning and he tips up. Like what the F you doing here? Don’t ask boys. Had a barney with Rafa in training and the **** wouldn’t let me fly out with the team!

Proper ******* weird how dinosaurs like Benitez and Mourinho approach man management and treat players like little kids. To then expect them to go out and die for them on a Sat’day.

Last edited: