The Manchester United Thread

Went exactly as I expected with the team we had out and squad available. Only thing o got wrong was the score line. I thought palace would get 5.

No lie I think it was elder abuse having Evans dragging his clearly injured/not match fit carcass around that pitch. Less said about Case the better. Also Onana gives me peak Mignolet vibes where you start the game one nil down as any half decent shot on target is a goal.

Yeah add to that AWB checked out he’s knows he’s gone and been awful awful. Eriksen less said. Same goes for Antony. Tbh it wouldn’t surprise me if some of these injuries we have are not really that bad. And it’s the same ***** that got Ragnick sacked player power. ETH in or out we need a massive massive clear out!

My fear is ETH will get the sack. Some will think deservedly going off results etc. but a new manager will come in and half these wasters will get another chance and we will be on this same cycle come 2 yrs time. I hope Ineos, Wilcox, Berrada, Ashworth go a different route and bin off this squad before the manager.

No lie I think it was elder abuse having Evans dragging his clearly injured/not match fit carcass around that pitch. Less said about Case the better. Also Onana gives me peak Mignolet vibes where you start the game one nil down as any half decent shot on target is a goal.
If I know we’d be conceding this many shots, I wouldn’t have signed him. It’s not like his shot stopping wasn’t mediocre at inter/ajax

If I know we’d be conceding this many shots, I wouldn’t have signed him. It’s not like his shot stopping wasn’t mediocre at inter/ajax
His fundamentals are so bad whenever you watch him play. It scares me that whoever scouted him thought yep this is what we need in the PL. Negligence at the highest order again, and I had to watch peak Mignolet steal a living for 5 seasons or so.

How the club's owners have let the players get so much control is scary. The Glazers created this toxic environment with thier greed let's hope the Ineos team being put in place solves the problem and gets rid of the culture of big names on big salaries. However, expectations need to drop both at owner level but also at fan level the club are not the number one club in England anymore at best the club is at the level it was in the 1980's ie a top ten cup side. Injuries have played a part in the way this season has gone admittedly but even if ETH had his full squad available it is doubtful they would be challenging the likes of City for the title as there are too many players who care about their bank balance and image more than the team effort.

We both said last summer it was big downgrade on De Gea save for he was better with his feet. But the gamble was what you gain in possession, you lose in the basics.

I hold my hand up to you on Mount though. You were dead against that stupidity from the get go and so it proved. I got that totally wrong. Pound for pound, given the ridiculous over pay in fee and wages for a player in the last year of his contract, coming off his worst season at Chelsea. which had everyone else walking away, that has to be ine if the worst signings in recent memory even by Utd's mad standards. Mad thing was tou had far more pressing needs as well.

We both said last summer it was big downgrade on De Gea save for he was better with his feet. But the gamble was what you gain in possession, you lose in the basics.

I hold my hand up to you on Mount though. You were dead against that stupidity from the get go and so it proved. I got that totally wrong. Pound for pound, given the ridiculous over pay in fee and wages for a player in the last year of his contract, coming off his worst season at Chelsea. which had everyone else walking away, that has to be ine if the worst signings in recent memory even by Utd's mad standards. Mad thing was tou had far more pressing needs as well.
He’s not even on the pitch enough for me to tell people how senseless of a signing he was.

Just didn’t understand the revisionism of Mason Mount as a player when we signed him. He had a purple patch run of form in 21/22 where he stat padded but out side of that, he’s been as bang average as you’ll see. Maybe we should buy Gallagher too so we can continue that trend…at least Gallagher can actually stay fit.

Watching him yesterday just made me realize how much I value Bruno Fernandes.

He’s not even on the pitch enough for me to tell people how senseless of a signing he was.

Just didn’t understand the revisionism of Mason Mount as a player when we signed him. He had a purple patch run of form in 21/22 where he stat padded but out side of that, he’s been as bang average as you’ll see. Maybe we should buy Gallagher too so we can continue that trend…at least Gallagher can actually stay fit.

Watching him yesterday just made me realize how much I value Bruno Fernandes.
You have gone completely the other way. Yes some fans overhyped him before signing but to say he was/is bang average is not even close. He was consistently good at Chelsea for about 3 seasons won there player of the season 2 times in a row and was superb in there CL campaign. There’s a reason Pool were seriously interested in him. But unlike us there a proper run club and knew he wasn’t worth the fee all things considered especially with his contract situation.

But like you mention he’s not been on the pitch enough yet. He could turn out to be a good signing despite being the wrong signing at the time. Even though I could see also why ETH wanted him

| Football will always come first for INEOS at #mufc, which is something that wasn't the case under previous leaders who would ignore performances on the pitch to assure staff that commercial activity was buoyant. [@AndyMitten]

Honestly Real Madrid are like a self fulfilling prophecy in the CL. How on earth is Joselu who failed out at Stoke and Newcastle dunkin on Bayern in a CL semi. It makes no ******* sense.
Yeah weird for sure lol. Still can’t get over those Bayern subs in the last 15 though they were going to the final till he made them.

Yeah weird for sure lol. Still can’t get over those Bayern subs in the last 15 though they were going to the final till he made them.
I understand taking an attacker off but putting on a defender invites more pressure, put on a midfielder at least to slow the game down or control it. Also if you're gonna take an attacker off you don't take off the best striker just in case it goes to extra time and penalties. Madness. Anyway neither here nor there this is a utd thread so lets hope ineos make follows glazernomics and hires Tuchel as the manager to continue the bad decision-making ;)

Madrid are just another level of madness in the European Cup without the inept ‘tactician’’ helping them out.

Tommy Tucker’s abrasive nature, into the toxicity of Utd, would be 🔥 to watch. Just not for them.

Last edited: