Why cant we tell players we have no money?

davyt

Reaction score
oh my days why is there never an option to just say to the players : We don't have enough funds.

I'm managing Port Vale and I have a player, Ben Garrity who is my top scorer this season. Basically just before the January window he asks for a new contract. I go to talk to him and ask him to wait till the end of the season and this impatient ***** says he'd rather not wait. Keep in mind through all of this we are in 500k debt in League Two (This is my 4th club in 3 seasons by the way, this happens midway through S3).

Next thing you know he's got half the team knocking at my door asking me to give him a new contract, when I cannot pay him what he wants. Long story short, I had to sell my best young left winger to finance contracts for Garrity and a few other players in the squad.

SI, for all that it holy, PLEASE MAKE AN OPTION TO TELL YOUR PLAYERS THAT YOU HAVE NO MONEY.

When discussing an improved contract there's an option saying something like "Unfortunately, the club simply can't afford it". It's a bit bigger and says something else but this is the core of it