Recent content by deelang

  1. D

    The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

    That's fair, but Rodwell-to-United is being heavily supported by some of the more reliable media outlets who normally, to be fair, get it right. And given Everton's parlous financial position Rodwell is as good as an asset as any.
  2. D

    The Deal or No Deal Thread

    I'd quite like that idea except he's currently considering an offer from Middlesbrough (bottom of Prem) on the same terms and if I start negotiating with loans etc the danger is he'll accept their offer before I get him to the table. What is his best role?
  3. D

    The Deal or No Deal Thread

    Player: Tom Cleverley Team you are managing: Newcastle Team who are buying/selling: Man Utd Offer: £4.8m + 20% profit of next sale Year: Jan 2011 Other Info: Already have Marilungo and Jonas as left sided players in a 4-4-2, Kiko Fermenia and Simone Pepe as AMRs. Marilungo long term injury...
  4. D

    Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

    But he's also won, what, 11 titles? Benitez signed players no one would have recommended and then sold them for massive losses literally months later. It was just crazy. Robbie Keane in particular. You shouldn't fall for this nonsense that Rafa was some sort of genius let down by some...
  5. D

    Premier league star's orgy..

    Very unlikely to be an English pair. "His international team mate plays abroad" probably rules that out. And if it was a top four player or 'top six' it would say so. Why I am thinking Asamoah Gyan? Edit: dasty beat me to it!
  6. D

    Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

    There were no Chelsea's or City's (even if there was a Jack Walker) throughout the 90's but Liverpool struggled then as well. I don't buy that they've been cruelly overpriced at each turn. In fact Benitez spent the better part of £200m turning Liverpool from a one man team into a two man team...
  7. D

    The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

    I struggle to understand this. If you're prepared to spend the money Abramovich has, surely negotiating over a couple of million now v installments is just silly? Don't know enough about the player, but i suspect he'll have done a good job at Chelsea adding some much needed pace at the back.
  8. D

    " Major - and boy do I mean it - football exclusive coming up on guardian.co.uk ..."

    " Major - and boy do I mean it - football exclusive coming up on guardian.co.uk ..." ...Sometime around 5.30pm. Everton in administration? Well known agents caught with snouts in trough? Thoughts?
  9. D

    Place for female officials?

    I think most would disagree. Being in the middle requires a set of skills that aren't relevant to gender. The right person can handle clashes regardless.
  10. D

    Place for female officials?

    Why? My solution is that the top professional refs Ref the top professinal leagues, and you slide down accordingly.
  11. D

    The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

    Not convinced he is much better than what Arsenal have in that position already. And Wenger is hardly likely to pay £12m or thereabouts just for that. I'm hoping it doesn't happen anyway - the sight of you giving him a shiny happy slap at the Emirates will all be worth it.
  12. D

    NHS reforms

    I think I'd be happier with an NHS that did some of the middle stuff poorly, but had a good record against cancer and remained free at the point of demand. We have that and inevitably it costs a fortune. I'm never convinced in the nonsense abour beuracracy and non jobs. These are red...
  13. D

    Help me guess who this is!

    He is Pete Henderson. Chief Administrator of the website mymumdressesme.com. The scary thing is that photo was taken last May. But at Pete's house, it's Christmas everyday.
  14. D

    FAO Manchester United FM 09 Managers

    Simple, but genius. Feels a little bit 'cheating' but no more than dipping into the knowledge of other players I suppose. 8-|
  15. D

    FAO Manchester United FM 09 Managers

    In the same game, Liverpool (with similar issues in relation to debt) went into administration and had 9 points deducted. United's finances are described as 'stable', but then so were Liverpool's. My instincts were what you say: that witth 70,000 coming through the gates there would be enough...
Back
Top