Fortuna Sittard

1715504505068.png

Chapter 73
KNVB Beker Final
17th May 2032

Our opponents in this year's Dutch Cup Final will be PSV Eindhoven...a team that have never beaten me!

9.1 psv history.JPG

Top goalscorer Rodiney has picked up an injury and would miss the game, so I called upon Christopher Nkunku's experience up front for the game!

9.2 lineups.JPG

Nkunku didn't get himself on the scoresheet and actually only had a pretty average game. However, the attacking midfielders around him all thrived and led us to another trophy as we complete a domestic double for the second season in a row.

9.3 psv cup.JPG

9.3 winners.JPG

Our next league game was also against PSV and also resulted in a win, this time with Nkunku opening the scoring!

9.4 psv league.JPG

Our semi final tie of the Champions League against Arsenal would see us play the home leg first and it was important that we take a lead to London to give ourselves a realistic chance of making the final. We did beat The Gunners 2-1 earlier in the season in the league phase of the competition and I'd be more than happy if we can repeat that performance/scoreline!

9.5 arsenal previous.JPG

And I am more than happy! An excellent performance in front of our home fans gives us a 2 goal cushion going into the away leg...could we actually be looking at a Champions League Final?! The excitement is very real!

9.6 arsenal.JPG

Naturally, everyone was rested for the league game against Go Ahead, but we still managed to get the result.

9.7 go ahead.JPG

With the first choice 11 all rested and with a 2 goal lead in hand, we would have no excuses against Arsenal in the Champions League. And we didn't need any excuses as we come away with another 2 goal win, which means the aggregate score was actually very comfortable! I'm pinching myself but yes...Fortuna Sittard are in a Champions League Final!!!

9.8 arsenal.JPG

It's Barcelona who await us in the biggest single game of the club's entire history!

9.9 final.JPG

Before the final, we had our final two Eredivisie fixtures to play and we round off the campaign with two more victories.

9.10 volendam.JPG

9.11 sparta.JPG

It means we finish the season with a record 97 points, winning 32 of our 34 games and scoring 114 goals in the process! What a season it has been for us in the domestic league!

9.12 league.JPG

So that just leaves the small matter of a Champions League Final left to play.​