New to FM 24 tips/guides?

cam1eron

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New to FM here (not sure whether that's a good or bad thing) but have a questions...

Should I let the Football Director manage transfers or is it better that I do? By manage I mean initiate the negotiations, find players etc.

Regarding the team/squad for match day - should I listen to the assistant manager's recommended line-up or stick with what I want/think is best based on the 'tactics' I've selected and players based on their suitability etc.

a lot of my players are at high risk of injury - what is the best way to reduce this without compromising match day results...

How important is it for me to review/plan training sessions? Or can I just leave this to my assistant manager to sort out?

Hello everyone,

New to FM here (not sure whether that's a good or bad thing) but have a questions...

Should I let the Football Director manage transfers or is it better that I do? By manage I mean initiate the negotiations, find players etc.

Regarding the team/squad for match day - should I listen to the assistant manager's recommended line-up or stick with what I want/think is best based on the 'tactics' I've selected and players based on their suitability etc.

a lot of my players are at high risk of injury - what is the best way to reduce this without compromising match day results...

How important is it for me to review/plan training sessions? Or can I just leave this to my assistant manager to sort out?
Hi and welcome!

I'll be answering most of your questions with a single answer: It's better done when it's done by you.

Regarding transfers, you should be the one who starts, negotiates and ends the deal. This is because when you let your staff do it they will often make high bids for players you might not want and inclde some clause in their contracts you definitely don't want. I can elaborate more on this if you want.

Your lineup is usually your best one available but sometimes it is worth checking your assistant's opinion to see what he thinks because players won't always be fit enough to play the game and you might get a lot of injuries from this.

The fitness of the players is influenced not only by match fadigue but also their training. It's important for you to have the best staff you can afford to reduce the overall workload. You should probably set the player training intensity according to match fitness and take a look at the individual training because if you let your assistant manage this they will often set individual training for players that you just don't want to.

If you want some better insights on this I can help you personally and show you how I usually do it in most of my saves