Vitória SC - Youth to Gold (Rebirth)

Tactic

Well I just noticed I forgot to mention we changed our main tactic for the season.

tactic.png

Having 2 strikers as good and promising as Ryste and Semih along with not having that many midfielders this season I decided to go from our 4-3-3 to a 4-2-4. We do have a lot of players with support roles so I may change one of the wingers to attack but for now this seems to be working quite well.

Also I decided to start training Zé Carlos as a LB and he quickly became the best player we have in that position. Noe he can basically play in both sides of the defense plus every midfield role we wish him to.

Well I guess that's everything since I haven't played at all since the last update. See you soon!

Mid-Season Break

Hello again everyone.
We are back in our Youth2Gold journey in Portugal. This time I decided to do an earlier update so it won't be as lenghty as all the others have been. We won't be talking about transfers this time and will be only covering the latest results of our team.

Schedule

1683132625478.png

Since our loss in the first game of the season against Benfica we haven't lost another game in all competitions. In fact we only dropped points in the league against Sporting in the last match before the international break. We even beat Porto 3-1 in D. Afonso Henriques.

We are also unbeaten in the UEL and are doing way better than I could ever think. We already beat PSV and even drew against Sevilla. Obviously the best game was the 6-0 win against Besiktas in a game where Ryste scored 4 goals.

League Table

1683132865146.png

So until now we were able to get ourselves in the second position only behind Benfica who beat us very early in the season. However, we only played 9 games and anything can happen until June.

Until January we can still be top of the table though. I say this because we already played against all the top 3 clubs who are considered better than us. I can't count Braga anymore because we have not lost any of the games we played against them and always finished in front of them since we joined so I think it's safe to assume we overtook them.

UEFA Europa League

1683133153940.png

With the results of our first 4 games we currently sit in the 2nd position of the UEL only behind Man. United who we will face in the last game of this new league phase. I expect us to win every other game since none of the teams we will face are better than us. Also when we beat PSV and Besiktas and draw against Sevilla, Lech, Malmo and Crvena don't look much of a challenge.

Random Stuff

We recently got an email with an interesting information about the portuguese teams with the most developed players playing in Portugal's first division.

1683133375262.png

We are currently the team who produced the most players playing in the top division with 27 players together with Porto. Some of them weren't here already when we joined but most of those players are either playing for us or are loaned out this year to other 1st division teams.

Doesn't seem that important but it's definitely interesting to know we are on a good course.

We will be back in January, see you then.

February Update
We reached the end of the winter transfer window and I must say I think it was a very good one.
Before talking about transfer business let's see how we have been doing.

1683486763192.png

Well since our last update everythings is more or less the same.
We only droped points in the league once against Boavista. We did have a very long month in terms of features and February seems to await us the same treatment.

You can also see we unfortunately got eliminated from the Taça de Portugal after losing on penalties against Portimonense.
We also beat Porto in the Taça da Liga Semi finals and will be facing Benfica in April for the finals.

We also had a huge win against Benfica at Estádio da Luz. A 5-4 win set us even stronger on teh title race.

1683487079526.png

Right now we are 3 points behind Benfica having played 1 less game. If we win the game we will be 1st in the league for the first time this season.

UEFA Europa League
1683487377247.png

After we lost against Man. United we finished 2nd on the UEL League Phase and automatically qualified to the next stage. We don't know who we will face yet but at least we already got through.

Transfers Out
1683487585320.png

We had a lot of loan moves on January, some players who came back from other loans, others who got loaned for the first time and there was one player who signed in January and was loaned out after.

We also saw Bahamboula going to France for 850k plus addons.

Transfers In
Roman Mokrovics

1683488114749.png

Mokrovics came in for 1.9M. Other than not being too consistent I didn't see anything that would make me not sign him. 18 years old and has good basic stats already. Needs development to get to to the level of our main 3 strikers but has a lot of potential.

Antonio Kujundzic

1683488408874.png

2.3M for this young playmaker. I was watching him for a while but never went for him because I didn't want to pay this much for him but now we don't really need to worry too much about signing players for this amounts.

Travis Akomeah

1683488548130.png

I wasn't sure about this one and still have my doubts. Very good physicals but everything else is very mediocre and unless he develops a lot he won't be getting any luck with us. We paid 800k for him so it wasn't that much but still...

Lucas Hogsberg

1683488689796.png

This is a very interesting player. He is very balanced overall and can play as winger or as a RB. I'm still unsure what we will focus his development on because he plays well on both. Guess we will see with time. He was brought for 1.2M.

1683488835505.png

This was an oportunistic signing as he came for free. He is described as an attacking midfielder but I see him as a striker. He is also only 16 years old so has a lot of time to improve. I'm hoping his potential will go up as the time goes by.

Karim Anhari

1683488980492.png

I saw this Marroccan wing back and immediatelly saw a midfielder. 16 yeats old with 17 passing and resolute personality on top of his 15 determination. 500k seems like a very good price and I'm also expecting his potential to go up.

Mamadou Sy

1683489159755.png

Another young striker joining us, this one from Sion for 900k. Seemed like a good business oportunity.

Azwindini Ngobe

1683489349725.png

Another african striker but this one is not a striker at all. With his base stats he is definitely a playmaker. I don't really trust the potential our scouts see in him and really think it will go up in no time.

Roony Bardghji

1683489502813.png

This was with no doubts the best business we made. An awesome young player who came in for only 3M€. He had a release clause of around 12M and never wanted to sign for us. When he turned 18 he had interest but wanted 100k per month. Now he agreed on a lower wage with no release clause and his value is already much higher than what we paid for him.

This concludes the players who joined us on January. But we also have some players who already agreed to join us in the future. Most of them will be joining us in July but one of them will only come in January of the next season. I'll show them when they join.

That sums everything for now. I'll post the next update after the new youth intake comes around.

March Update
schedule.png
table.png

After the transfer window we had a very good run of 8 wins throughout the month of February and beginning of March for the league.
Our 2nd loss of the season was delivered by Porto in a very good tight game that relied on a late winner from them.
We didn't let that come to us though and got back to the wins against Maritimo and Sporting.

This results threw us to the league's 1st place. We were very lucky that Benfica also lost points recently and are now 2 points ahead of them. Also needs to be pointed that Porto is currently in the 6th position out of european places and Braga, who had some tough years lately, are 3rd.

We weren't so lucky on the UEL though. We got Nice on the first knockout phase and a 2-0 loss in the first leg threw us off the UEL. A bit worrying to think we couldn't go far in UEL and we are very likely to qualify for the UCL next season... Let's see how it goes but it's known that with a young team it's not always easy to make it this soon and it's not expected to. This challenge is still at the beginning.

Youth Intake
This year's youth intake was okay. Not awesome but also not horrible. We have a couple of decent players.

esteves.pnghumberto.pnglamelas.pngmadalena.pngmuibo.pngneto.pngsantos.png

I must say Muíbo won't be neither a AMC or a ST. He is training to be a DLP on the midfield because I don't use AMC's and he doesn't seem that good as a ST.

I also need to point out that we have a lot of players developing very well and you will have a chance to see them all in the next time I update this post.

See you at the end of the season.

End of the 3rd Season
We are finally at the end of the season. This was a long season, specially because I decided to start scouting manually for wonderkinds in all the national teams in the game. It took me a while and I ended up with over 5k players being scouted. I'm still getting reports and it's been over 6 months since I did this. Most of the signings I showed in January were already a product of this and in July they all showed up because of this.

But anyway, for the 3rd year in a row, we were running towards a title race and were once again the leaders.
The only question is: were we able to finally win the league title or did we slip once again and lost it by a low margin?

schedule.png

Well since March we didn't lose any game and only droped points against Casa Pia in an awful performance.
On the way we also won the Allianz Cup against Benfica with a 4-0 win. Remember we lost the first game of the season against them? Yeah, after the 5-4 win back in February now a 4-0 win for the cup... Could this be a sign of us finally being able to fight constantly for the title?

imagem_2023-05-09_185010805.png

After just 3 seasons, Vitória SC are crowned champions of Portugal's Primeira Liga, getting 5 points off the 2nd place.
Also a remarkable achievement for Portimonense who won the Taça de Portugal and qualified for the Europa League despite finishing 16th just 6 points off the relegation zone and sending Braga to the Conference League. Also Moreirense lost the relegation game against Feirense, who will join us next season with Arouca and Académico de Viseu.

We also need to point the awful season Porto had, finishing 7th and not qualifying for any of the continental competitions.

goals.png
assists.png

All our strikers did amazing this season, but Ryste takes the crown here. 44 goal contributions all season.
Also Romsaas got 16 assists in the league, which is a new record for the league., after a very bad start of the season for him. Thankfully he adapted fast and became one of our best players (who only cost us 160k).

Random Stuff
nxtgen.png

We had 4 players in the NXGN this year. Obviously both Ryste and Semih made it, but I was amazed when I saw they were the top 2 players of the list. Francisco Fernandes was loaned out to Rio Ave and developed a lot but I will show everyone in a future post with all the player's development.

u19.png

Our U19's took the championship for the 2nd year in a row, which is a very good sign for the future.

finances.png

Our finances are pretty much the same but we haven't sold anyone lately so it can still improve when the transfer market opens.

Plans?
With everything we accomplished this season I don't want to destroy our team selling everyone. I think we won't have much choice when some of the players get proposals but there are some I would be available to let go.

Bruno Varela

1683655474892.png

He is an awesome GK and has been our saviour since the start but he is already 30 years old and if we get an offer of around 40M I won't say no.

Mamadou Tounkara

1683655509705.png

Yes he developed amazingly after Amaro and Bamba left but never really reached his full potential and we have much more options with a lot more potential. 12M is probably acceptable for him.

Hélder Sá

1683655558514.png

Never had a very good potential to begin with and didn't get much playing time. Still worth a lot for the player he is so I will definitely consider selling him if a good offer comes our way.

Samuel Giovane

1683655626471.png

A couple of injuries really affected his development and he never reached the potential he showed when we signed him after our first season. Considering he came as a free transfer, selling him for his value would already be a huge profit.

Tomás Handel

1683655718996.png

Amazing player who has been playing very well since our first season. However, we have a lot of young players ready to jump on his position and I won't say no if an offer of around 25-30M comes.

Mario Martin

1683655811578.png

Very disappointed in this one. Not much more to say about him. Won't be easy to make our money back on this one. Maybe a loan would be the best for him to see if we can still get him some of his former potential.

Jota Silva

1683655907153.png

Another player who has been doing amazingly all save but we do have a lot of youngsters ready and he is valued so highly I can't refuse if a good offer is made.

Safira

1683656046823.png

Same as Varela. Awesome player and was our best scorer the last 2 seasons but is already 30 years old and with the amount of promising strikers we have I won't say no if we get an offer.

The next post will be a development update and then we will jump onto July to show you all the new signings (there are a lot...).

Development Update - Part 1
- Goalkeepers

callai.pngnwosu.pngmycael.png

I decided not to show here the players I showed in the lsat post.

So other than Varela we don't have any other GK ready to take his place yet.
Callai had a couple of injuries this season so didn't develop as much.
Nwosu played for a while when Varela was asking to leave the club and I benched him, so he developed more but still not enough.
Mycael is loaned out in Brazil and won't be back until January but he is developing nicely(ish).

- Central Defenders

ortakaya.pngjair.pngmanu.pngmajstorovic.pngmendoza.pngakomeah.pngawe.pngsanchez.png

So many players here it makes it really hard to choose. We also have Tounkara but I want to sell him.

Ortakaya is arguably our best CD and is developing super well.
Jair is loaned out in Brazil and won't be back until January.
Manu Silva is incredibly versatile and has been playing as CD or a B2B quite well.
Majstorovic needs more developing.
Mendoza developed very nicely and will be an option next season.
Akomeah, Awe and Sanchez need more development, but maybe Sanchez would be more suitable as a LB and may be our backup for next season.

- Wing Backs

ze carlos.pngmaga.pngspencer.pngtravassos.pngcurtis.pnghogsberg.pngbarani.pngroi.pngjefferson.png

A lot of options on the right, but very little on the left (we still have Hélder Sá and Sanchéz may change to a WB as well).
Zé Carlos and Maga are already playing close to their full potential nad have been doing great.
Spencer and Travassos are both ready for the first team but both play at the right side. Maybe if we Sell Maga they can both stay.
Sam Curtis and Hogsberg have also developed quite well but are also RB's.
Barani is a LB but still needs a lot of development.
Roi Torres also needs more development but is also a RB.
Lastly Jefferson sucks and will either be sold or just hang around our B team since his wages are minimal.

So a LOT of RB's but very few options at LB.

- Midfield

nogueira.pngpetrovic.pngcisse.pngfernandes.pngkujundzic.pngandresen.pngadzic.pngsherbakov.pngcraig.pngangel.png

You already saw Giovane, Handel and Martin, but with those 3 we have a total of 13 midfielders, but honestly I only consider 11 (like it was nothing).

Gonçalo Nogueira is becoming a beast. Just a shame his physicals are that bad.
Petrovic is developing a lot and is ready for the first team.
Cissé has been playing at Málaga and is also ready for the first team.
Fernandes is a beast. Only 17 years old and look at him.
Kujundzic is also developing nicely.
Andresen's development is a bit of a let down and he needs to step up.
Adzic needs to develop more.
Sherbakov looks nice for his age but needs more development.
Craig and Angel will either be sold or stay at our B team cause they will never be good enough.

We also still have Manu Silva that can play very well at both roles and Zé Carlos can easily play at any role too. There are way too many good midfielders with a lot of potential. I've been finding way more, specially in Norway and Denmark.

Development Update - Part 2
- Wingers

romsaas.pngbardghji.pngchacon.pngmartins.pngperea.pngconstantinescu.pngherculano.pngsegura.png

I already showed Jota Silva previously.
Romsaas is a beast even though his profile doesn't make it look like it. And he was super cheap as well.
Bardghji and Chacon are both playing at first team level already.
Afonso Martins was loaned out in January but I intend to keep him this season because everytime he played this season he played very well.
Perea has developed nicely and his a valid option.
Constantinescu's development wasn't that great and will most likely be loaned out again. Same with Segura.
Herculano will be sold if possible.

- Strikers

ryste.pngsemih.pngunsold.pngcaraballo.pngbasante.pngbukovec.pngmokrovics.pngestanislau.png

Ryste and Semih can only be described as absolute beasts. I will try to keep them but I know it won't be easy. They both want release clause in order to renew their contract and they are not high at all.
Unsold has developed very well in his loan spell.
Caraballo doesn't seem much better than what he was when he left.
Basante is in the same situation as Caraballo.
Bukovec developed nicely too.
Mokroviks needs more development in order to be an option.
Estanislau has been developing amazingly and will be in the first team in no time.

There are some other youngsters who could be posted but I don't think they are good enough to be shown yet.
We have a lot more players joining us in July and I honestly don't know what I will do with this many players but we will see. Maybe I will turn this into a Build a Nation Save since Portugal has not been ranked very highly lately.

July Transfer Update
We made it to July and there was only one player who was sold before the 1st of July.

1683741422136.png

Varela joined Southampton for 40M + 10M in addons. I think it was a nice sale for a 30 year old GK who wouldn't go up in value any time soon.

Transfers In
- Benjamin Fischer

fischer.png

Decent looking CB who joined us for free from 1860 Muchen.

- Madjid Gasmi

gasmi.png

Another decent looking player. This one joined from the Algerian side Chief for 150k.

- Oratile Morfou

morfou.png

Very versatile player player with good physicals and decent technicals. Joined from Cape Town for 350k.

- Mutiu Ali

ali.png

Decent Nigerian GK with a lot of potential. Joined for 600k from Enyimba.

- Yongsak Sarakham

sarakham.png

Probably the worst signing from the lot. Joined for 575k hoping he develops a lot.

- Louis Jackson

jackson.png

Joined for free from Man. United. Decent looking CB.

- Tshepo Mazibuko

mazibuko.png

Very nice looking LB with a lot of potential. Joined for 300k from Mamelodi.

- Samuel Monteiro

monteiro.png

Striker with much better ability for CM. Joined for 475k from Andorra.

- Ahmet Arda Kirici

ahmet.png

Probably wrote that completely wrong so sorry. Very good looking striker with a lot of potential. Only problem is he is injury prone. Joined for 5M from Fenerbahçe.

- Jobe Bellingham

bellingham.png

The best signing from the transfer window. He was transfer listed for 13.5M and I couldn't say no to this.

July Update
Quick update on the transfer business we made during the month of July.

Transfers Out

1684015468566.png

A couple of post ago I talked about some players I was willing to let go. I forgot to mention Miguel Maga who was a crucial player for us in the last 3 seasons but I wouldn't turn out on a sale if it was good enough.

Well, after a bit of a bidding war, Wolves decided to throw in a 22M bid on him. He was valued at 11M so being able to get double his value was a terrific. We also have 30% of the value of a future transfer so we will still get more money from this transfer.

Mamadou Tounkara was also sold after the good season he had. We had a lot of CB's and he was the only one I was open to lose so 10.75M was not that bad having in mind he was valued a bit under 10M. We also have 20% of a future transfer.

Jota Silva also left us for 44M which could go up to 56M if he plays 50 games. He probably will because he signed as an important player so I'll count it as 56M made on him.

No other relevant players were sold for now and we got a lot of players going out on loan as usual.

1684013317666.png

Matthew Craig was on our B team and when Stoke came in with a bid of 4M I decided to accept it since he didn't develop as I expected. He came in for 275k in the first season so we still got a good profit from us.

Jefferson was also sold for profit but not really relevant. The other players were from the clubs original youth team.

Transfers In
- Dairo Ramirez

ramirez.png

Nothing crazy here but already decent stats for a CB. Only cost us 450k so I decided to bring him in.

- Marlon Revelo

revelo.png

Another Colombiam CB. Revelo is better technically but Ramirez has better mentals and physicals. Also came in for 475k so hopefully he will develop.

- Ognjen Markóvic

markovic.png

We spent around 2M for this Serbian GK who already looks very decent and comes as our 3rd best GK. It's a shame he has a bad personality though.

- Bilal Unal

bilal.png

Another 2M€ spent, this time on a Turkish ST who could maybe be switched to an IW. We'll see how he develops.

- Peter Kirk

kirk.png

Recently we have had a lot of strikers coming in our reports who are just better playing as playmakers. This one is the opposite. He came in as a midfielder but I don't see anything but a striker on him. 16 finishing with 17 technique just screams placed shots. I'll try to focus his training on his pace to get him a bit faster. Cost us 3.5M but I'm sure he will make us a lot more.

- Tom Stene

stene.png

Probably one of the best looking young CB's I've seen this save. 3.9M spent on this Norwegian but I think he will be worth every penny.

- Lucas Bergvall

bergvall.png

I think I already said this but the nordic countries are full of promising midfielders. Bergvall is just one more example. 2.3M for him but he looks phenomenal.

- Éneas

08198a5d8f8513aacdbe2ac8c25fda0d.png

First Brazilian winger we bring in. In fact I don't think we bough a Brazillian for our team at all besides maybe Jefferson. I'm not counting GK's though because we do have Mycael and Callai. Anyway Éneas looks nice, resolute personality, has everything to become a good player. Was a bit pricier than the rest though. 5.75M for the young winger.

We had a lot of players coming in in July but I don't think August will be any different.

In terms of sales, I'm still open to sell Hélder Sá, Handel and Safira. Maybe Giovane too but I will loan out Francisco Fernandes again so he can get more gaming experience as a midfielder elsewhere.

supercup.png

In the meantime we won the Supertaça against Portimonense, a trophy Vitória won for the first time in 1989. We keep making history in Guimarães!

I'll be back in September.

Last edited:
September Update
The summer is over and I must say we had a tremendous month of August.
Let's take a look at the results.

League Schedule and Table

schedule.png

After winning the league last season we came back with the objective of making the other teams remember we want the title again.
After the win in the Supertaça, we went on a winning streak. It's true we didn't play against anyone considered hard to beat but we did beat Braga once again, which means everything for me, the players and the supporters.

table.png

It shouldn't come as a surprise we are currently 1st in the league but like I say every year it doesn't mean anything. In our first 2 seasons we led the league and lost it in the last 5 games.
The goal is to keep our streak and don't drop many points throughout the season.

We also discovered who we will be facing on the UCL this year.

ucl.png

Not expecting much in terms of international football this season, we had quite a difficult draw.

Transfers
I am not dividing this subject this time because we didn't sell anyone after Jota Silva joined Benfica for 56M. Let's have the look at who joined us in August.

- Nicola Fumagalli - 1.4M

fumagalli.png

- Kim Dae-Han - 300k

kim dae-han.png

- Federico Varela - 350k

varela.png

- Miodrag Duric - 1.6M

duric.png

I'ma be honest and say there weren't as many transfers as I expected but I didn't really feel like bringing anyone that was coming through the reports.

With this being said, I'll be back in December/January.

February 2026
After a small break we are back on our journey.
Let's see what happened in this last few months.

League Schedule and Table
schedule.png

Pretty good run so far, only losing 1 game and drawing another two against both Porto and Sporting, the Casa Pia draw was a shame but it happens. Cup wise we lost in the Taça da Liga (Allianz Cup) Group Stage against Porto but we ended up eliminating them for the Taça de Portugal, going through to the Semi-finals where we will face Gil Vicente.

table.png

We are once again in 1st only 2 points ahead of Benfica. We need to focus for the rest of the season in order to be crowned champions again.

UCL Schedule and Table
We had a pretty difficult task in our hands in the UCL, going against teams like Barcelona, Leverkusen, Juventus and Man. United. We knew it wouldn't be easy to go through.

ucl schedule.png

ucl table.png

In the end, we finished in 15th on the League Phase and will be facing Nice on the Play-Offs, who finished 24th. The 6-2 win against Mónaco was with no doubts the high point of our campaign so far. The draw in Italy against Juventus was also very nice.

Random Stuff
feirense.png

We asked our board to look for a partner in order to send players out in loan and they said I could be the one choosing. Feirense showed up and since they currently play at Portugal's top flight, it was a no brainer. Getting our players 1st league football is essential for their development.

Transfers Out
We only saw 2 players leaving us in January.

One of them was our beloved Alisson Safira who left for Palmeiras in Brazil for a fee of 15.5M€. He was sold because he came to us saying he would explore his options at the end of his contract next season, so I offered him in order to get some money for him. He was also on a 170k/m wage so it was nice to get him off our wage bills.

The other player leaving was Travis Akomeah who went to Lille for 1.5M€ + 50% of a future transfer. Even though he is only 19 and is a physical monster, he didn't really offer us much more than that. His technicals weren't improving and neither were his mentals. We got almost double what we paid for him so it wasn't an awful business but not everyone can be a Amaro or a Bamba.

Other than this two, we only saw players leaving us as loans.

On the other hand, we had 18 players joining us in January, so I'll be doing a separate post with all of them.

Transfers In
Before any proper transfer, I decided to recall Fernando Basante from his loan spell because when we sold Safira we only had Caraballo as a backup for our 2 strikers, so we needed one more. Instead of spending a lot of money on another striker to come straight to the first team, we recalled Basante since he is already good enough.

Now let's get started with our transfers shall we?

Bayron Beltrán

beltran.png

We paid 2.2M for the Colombian LB who will probably take Sá's place as Zé Carlo's backup next season. Good mentals and decent technicals, needs work on his pace though. Overall a good signing. Loaned out to Estoril to get 1st league experience.

Hocine Bousseliou

bousseliou.png

Algerian winger with a lot of potential even though his current stats don't show much. We only paid 225k so it wasn't a risky move.

José Luís Chávez

chavez.png

We only paid 1.3M for the Mexican midfielder. Awesome mentals for his age and decent technicals. 18 teamwork and 17 work rate, 19 determination, has everything to be the team's lung on the midfield in some years.

Tuomas Collin

collin.png

Yet another Norwegian playmaker. I swear it is a gold mine out there. We paid 2.7M for him. Only concern I have is the fact he's injury prone. Let's see what we can create here.

Alexander Correa

correa.png

1.3M paid for him. Good mentals, decent technicals and physicals, not much else to say. Loaned out to his former club.

Michel García

garcia.png

Another winger, this time from Uruguay. Once again very good mentals and overall stats. We paid 3.6M for him. Loaned out to his former club as well.

Preben Garnas

garnas.png

Another Norwegian playmaker for 3.3M. Won't say anything else. Loaned out to his former club too.

Kaloyan Hristov

hristov.png

The 18 year old Bulgarian CB came in for 5.5M and jumped straight to the first team. His transfer value says everything.

Tom Jorgensen

jorgensen.png

Another player for the Nordics but this time he's a GK. We paid around 9M€ and loaned him out to his former club. Next season he will probably be Mycael's backup since Calai is not developing how I expected.

Jamiu Kenneth

kenneth.png

650k for this gem, do I need to say anything else other than what a bargain?

Luís Dias

luis dias.png

The only Portuguese to join us in this transfer window came from Benfica for only 2.4M. I was astonished to get him this cheap. I mean look at how good he is for his age. Certainly not an aerial threat by any means but low crosses will work like a charm on him.

Keletso Modise

modise.png

Another LB, this time from South Africa. Doesn't look that great but we only paid 200k.

Uday Mohammed

mohammed.png

Another CB and yet again doesn't look anything that crazy, but we only paid 4k for him. Yes, 4k... If anything he will be good enough to play for our B team.

Maicol Raba

raba.png

This amazing Colombian winger only cost us 1.4M. Looking at his report the only minor concern is his consistency. How could I pass on him for that price?

Daniel Rivera

rivera.png

I admit I went on a Colombian shopping spree, but when you have this for only 2.1M I'm not strong enough not to splash the cash.

Pablo Salvatierra

salvatierra.png

Not a Colombian but it's close enough. 155k paid for this CB and honestly if his mentals develop fast it won't take long before him being called for the first team.

Polychronis Vasiltsis

vasiltsis.png

I'll be honest, at first I only wanted him for his name. Polychronis is terrific. But look at him. Yet again, 2.3M. Yes I know I don't need more midfielders. We probably have around 20 midfielders in our team. But. I'm. Weak.

This finally concludes our trasnfer window. Once again I'm sorry for the long posts but I really want to share the players we bring in because I feel like whoever is reading this knows how our team is shaping up throughout the seasons.

I'll be back after our last game of the season. Can we reach the UCL finals? Of course not but a man can dream...

End of Season 2025/26
Another season came to an end in Guimarães and we had a lot to take in in just 3 months.

Schedule
SCHEDULE.png
table.png

As you can see, we drew Liverpool on the UCL and even though we beat them 3-2 at Anfield the 2-0 loss in Guimarães sent us out of the competition.

However, we won the league tiltle for the 2nd year in a row plus the Taça de Portugal (it was an awful performance but we did win it).
The draw against Santa Clara in the beginning of May was due to playing younger players, because we were already crowned champions by then.

Another very important fact to notice is Feirense was able to survive relegation, which means we can keep sending them players in order to get them 1st league football, which is essential for them.

Finances
1685386631943.png

Our finances look pretty good. When the UCL money comes in it will keep going up and I'm expecting to sell some players (potentially).

Staff
1685386716757.png

I haven't showed this ever since the first season, and as you can see a lot has changed. We went from 6 scouts and 2 physios to 18 scouts and 8 physios. Every scout is assigned to a scouting focus and we are getting a LOT of reports every single month. At some point we were scouting over 7k players (I individually scouted every player from every nations internation teams who were under 19 years old). The only thing the board isn't giving me is more coaches slots.

Youth Intake

This year's youth intake was not specially good. Here are the players we signed:

alves.pngdinis.pnggomes.pngneto.pngRowland.pngtoure.pngtrombinhas.pngvieira.png

Only really 2 players who look good in Touré and Trombinhas (which is an hilarious Portuguese name btw).

NXGN 2026

nxgn.png

Also, we had 9 players in the top 50 wonderkinds according to NXGN. Really nice to see we are making some good moves on the market along with Francisco Fernandes being from our youth system and being 2nd in the list.

As usual, I'll be doing a separate post with the development update for the season with some thoughts about the players.

Development Update - Part 1
Goalkeepers

mycael.pngCallai.pngJorgensen.pngNwosu.png

Mycael: Had a very good first year as our main GK and will be kept.

Callai: Didn't develop as much as I expected but was a good backup for Mycael when needed.

Jorgensen: Was already very good when we signed him in January and will most likely be Mycael's backup for next season.

Nwosu: I know a lot of people talk a lot about him but I guess we got a bad PA for him in this save. I'll try to sell him next season.

Central Defenders

awe.pngemir.pnghristov.pngjair.pngmajstorovic.pngmanu.pngmendoza.pngstene.pngsanchez.png

Awe: Lost space and will most likely be sold next season.

Ortakaya: Has been a regular starter for 2 seasons already and delivered everytime with very decent average ratings across all competitions.

Hristov: Best signing of the season. Came in and immediately took over the first 11.

Jair: Has been on loan ever since he came to the club but next season I want to keep him as a backup.

Majstorovic: Isn't developing enough. Will either be sold or loaned out again.

Manu Silva: Awesome player who offers a lot of versatility, but maybe it's time to let him go. Has interest from the Premier League.

Mendoza: Decent but not amazing. Hasn't been developing a lot lately and maybe I'll try to capitalize on the interest some clubs are showing.

Stene: Not ready for first team yet but will be loaned out to get first league football.

Sánchez: Will be looking to sell him.

Right-Backs

curtis.pnghogsberg.pngspencer.pngtravassos.pngedd7f35379ecf214318b2b98b9b5faf5.png

Sam Curtis: Will most likely stay next season as a backup.

Hogsberg: Not sure what to do with him. He is very balanced indeed but isn't developing much.

Spencer: Very good attacking RB. Not so much defensively. Has a lot of interest shown in him and has already asked to leave before so may leave us in the summer.

Travassos: Better defensively compared to Spencer but worse attacking wise. There are a lot of clubs interested in him so may leave us.

Fernandes: I guess I'll have to accept this guy is a RB and not a midfielder. Will probably be our main RB for next season.

Left-Backs

ze carlos.pngsa.pngbeltran.png

Zé Carlos: Awesome player who will remain at the club for next season since interest is not from any big teams.

Hélder Sá: Will most likely leave us this summer.

Beltrán: Will be Sá's replacement for the upcoming seasons.

Development Update - Part 2
Midfielders

bellingham.pngbergvall.pngcisse.pnggiovane.pnghandel.pngkujundzic.pngnogueira.pngpetrovic.pngrivera.pngvasiltsis.pngmartib.png

Bellingham: One of the best options we have for both midfield roles. Will stay.

Bergvall: Very good looking but not at the level of other players.

Cissé: Same as Bergvall.

Giovane: Gained some space this season and it seems like it was good to generate some interest for him. Will probably leave in the summer.

Handel: Not sure what to do with him. He's very good and has been with us since the beginning, but honestly if there's a good offer I won't say no.

Kujundzic: Needs more development.

Nogueira: Terrific playmaker and will stay for next season.

Petrovic: Still needs a bit more development but looks amazing.

Rivera: Will be Bellingham's backup for next season.

Vasiltsis: Much like Bergvall and Cissé, needs more gaming time.

Martín: Will be sold in the summer.

Wingers:

bardghji.pngchacon.pngkenneth.pngmartins.pngperea.pngraba.pngromsaas.png

Bardghji: Terrific player. Is a shame is such injury prone as he was out for nearly 2 months this season due to injuries.

Chácon: Very good player but it may be time to let him go.

Kenneth: Looks very capable and will get some first team football next season.

Afonso Martins: Will either be loaned out or sold to capitalize on the interest.

Perea: Went out on loan as a regular starter and got no game time at all which really slowed his progress. Hopefully next year he can develop more.

Raba: Love his name and love his game.

Romsaas: Lost space this season but is still an awesome player.

Strikers

ryste.pngsemih.pngbasante.pngcaraballo.pngbukovec.pngherculano.pngkirici.pngkirk.pngluis dias.pngunsold.png

Ryste: Monster - 30 goals plus 8 assists this season.

Semih: Monster - 36 goals and 6 assists this season. Honestly I can't believe I got both of them for under 6M€.

Basante: Came back in January and was able to score 10 goals, including 4 on a single game.

Caraballo: Finally had his breakthrough year scoring 19 goals and still getting 5 assists.

Bukovec: Will either be loaned out or sold.

Herculano: Will be sold.

Ahmet Arda: Looks amazing. Needs a bit more developing.

Kirk: Looks amazing and I would like to get him some first team football next year but will depend on who leaves us.

Luís Dias: Same as Kirk.

Unsold: Looks very good but I will most likely try to play him as a winger instead of a striker from now on.

So, this is obviously not everything. We still have a lot more players but this are the most relevant for now.
Honestly, I may need to change formations at some point. We have so many terrific midfielders and strikers on our team it's a shame we need to have a defense.

Sadly, I don't know if we will be able to keep Ryste and Semih, but we do have very capable backups for them, even if we sell them both. Basante and Caraballo proved they are more than capable to do what's needed.

Let's wait and see what awaits us.

See you all soon!

Start of Season 2026/2027
The new season is already upon us and our team, as always, has seen some changes right from the start.
It's currently the 10th of July, the start of the preseason and we already saw some moves in and out.

Staff
Yes, we had some movings on our staff.

The first one was António Fontana leaving as he retired from leaving. He was a terrific coach and I advise everyone who doesn't know him already to take a look at his stats as he agrees to join for as cheap as 12k a month.

choi.png

To replace him we signed the Korean Choi Won-Kwon, who looks very good as well and will hopefully help our coaching department.

There were 2 other moves and this ones implied the firing of both our HoYD and our DoF.

jozak.png

Jozak was the first to leave us. He was one of the best available HoYD on our first season and we can be very happy about the players he brought to out team. However, his contract was expriing this year and we felt we needed a change since our last 2 seasons weren't as good as we wanted in terms of youth players.

balster.png

His replacement is the German Max Balster. Although he is more expensive wage wise he is better than Jozak, even though his personality is not the best. We'll see how it goes this season and then we will make some decisions if need to.

matias.png

Rogério Matias has been with us since the start and his contract was also expiring this season. He is not good enough to stay.

taibi.png

Massimo Taibi is his replacement and is way better than Matias.

Hopefully this 2 moves will see better plays coming in.

Transfers Out
1685617465668.png

A lot has happened in 10 days.

As I said in the last post, Nwosu is not good enough and was sold for 1.6M (all profit).
Zach Awe was also sold and we made around 6-8M profit on him as he came for only 500k.
Hélder Sá left as well for 6M (all profit).
Giovane was sold for 13M which is very good since he came for free.
Travassos made us around 15M profit with this sale.

We also have a lot of future fee's on this sales so that's good too.

1685617668524.png

In our B team we also sold some players.

Mokrovics didn't really have the potential and was sold. We only made around 1M profit on him.
Mario Martin was sold for the exact same amount he was bought so no profit here.
Lobão is not really relevant.
Constantinescu was sold for only 675k but it's all profit.

There are still a lot of other moves being made, both for loan and transfers.

Transfers In
Kenneth Fakude - 375k

fakude.png

Bernard Coulibaly - 400k

coulibaly.png

Majid Lotfi - 1.8M

lotfi.png

Renato - 4M

renato.png

Andy Diaz - 230k

diaz.png

Random Stuff

clauses.png

We sold some clauses of players whose contracts are about to expire to make some more profit on them. We also bought Unsold's clause for about 60% of the value.

arsenal.png

We were offered the Arsenal job, which we declined.

I'll be back in August!

Summer 2026

After some weeks off the Youth2Gold challenge I was starting to miss our youthful team, so I decided to come back to it for another season before continuing our Glory Hunter save.

Last time I updated we were in July. We are now in September just after the end of the transfer window.
As usual, let's take a look at our results and schedule before showing the latest transfer business.

League Table and Schedule

1688510878844.png

Very good run so far with 18 goals scored in 4 games, both Semih and Ryste keep banging goals for fun, specially Ryste who already has 8 goals scored.

However, we started our season with a real disappointment:

1688511112107.png

We lost the Supercup with 3 Benfica goals in 11 minutes after being 4-2 up on them.
We were way better than them the whole game but when FM wants you to lose you will lose.

1688512200197.png

We are currently 1st in the league but like I always say it's still too early. However, I really hope to become "Tricampeão" this season.
If possible, I would like to win the Taça de Portugal and the Taça da Liga. I really think we are able to do it so I'm putting the expectations very high this season.

UCL is a completelly diferent story:

1688511700765.png

We have a very difficult task on our hands in Europe this year.
We will face Barcelona and Man. United once again. We will also go up against Napoli and Dortmund so my expectations are not the best here.

Transfers Out

1688511956594.png

Since the last update we only sold 2 more players, those being Diogo Spencer to Benfica for 17.25M with a 50% future fee clause (remember he joined us from Benfica 3 seasons ago for free) and Afonso Martins for 7M + 50% future fee clause.

1688512244915.png

Some players in our B team left too, the only notable one being Herculano to Estrela for 2.8M.

Other than that, we loaned out a bunch of players to increase their development. For context we have 42 players loaned out.

With all the sales combined, we made around 72M€ this transfer window.

Transfers In
Filip Mijailovic - 7.5M

1688512396122.png

Very decent RB. Has some problems, mainly his personality and injury proness but his value is so high already that we might end up making big profit with him anyway.

Luca Cirillo - 4.2M

1688512520346.png

Another young RB, this time with a better personality but nowhere near Filip's stats. Hoping he develops well. His physicals are definitely his strenghts.

Sebastian Junco - 825k

1688512623171.png

The last player who joined us this summer was the Paraguaian midfielder. Very cheap and decent stats. Really hoping his physicals develop because that's the only thing holding him down.

Was a quiet transfer window for once but I think we brought in some good talent to develop.

Random Stuff

1688512752173.png

Our finances look very good and the projection only shows them going up.

liverpool.png

We got a job offer from Liverpool which we declined.

This is it for now. See you soon!​