We Were Making Love By Wednesday

As I look to create some funds at least in the wage budget for this Summer, the first player to leave the club is Ben Heneghan who goes to St Mirren for £10k. He was a big part of my League One squad but only played 9 times last season so it was time to move him on.

7. heneghan.JPG

Next to go was Callum Paterson who joins Reading for £300k. He has played 135 times for Wednesday over the past 4 seasons and been a good servant but didn't justify his £10k per week wages anymore.

7. paterson.JPG

And my first signing of the season is a significant upgrade for the right wing back position. Ryan Fredericks comes in on a free transfer from Bournemouth and immediately becomes one of the best players in my whole squad!

7. fredericks.JPG

Next in is the season long loan signing of Southampton's Samuel Edozie. The 21 year old winger played 24 times on loan for Coventry last season and scored 5 times whilst getting 5 assists as well for them.

7. edozie.JPG

My next loan signing could be a significant one. Archie Gray is coming through the youth at Leeds United and looks like a very attractive prospect for the future. At just 18 years old, he lacks experience, but his talent is clear for all to see and I look forward to having him in my squad for the upcoming season at least!

7. gray.JPG

My loan signings this season could be key to our success, as I bring in another exciting youngster, this time from Inter Milan. 19 year old Valentin Carboni is a very talented inside forward who will challenge Anthony Knockaert for his place in the team this season. He's a kid with plenty of flair and pace about him, as well as a tidy finish and could well prove to be a massive goalscoring threat in this league!

7. carboni.JPG

More attacking reinforcements came in the form of Czech winger, Jakub Pesek, who signs on a free transfer from Sparta Prague. Although he is a bit older at 31, he is still a promising talent for our squad at the level we're at and could prove a big hit for the club!

7. pesek.JPG

The squad at this stage was still looking a little thin on the ground though. There isn't much left in the budget and I still need a backup keeper, a first choice left back and another centre back I'd say!

7. squad.JPG

Of all the players I released this Summer, Dominic Iorfa was the most notable. He has been an important player for me and I tried to keep him here. However, he was insisting on a salary of £26k per week, which is a ridiculous pay rise considering he was only on £8k per week last season. I just couldn't justify it!

7. iorfa.JPG

7. iorfa stats.JPG

It didn't take me long to address the issue at left wing back as 30 year old Brazilian, Henrique, joins the club on a free transfer. A great signing again if I do say so myself and I'm really pleased with how the team is coming along now.

7. henrique.JPG

And the backup keeper was solved with the season long loan signing of Seny Dieng from QPR, who is actually good enough to challenge for a regular first team place as well!

7. dieng.JPG

While I've been busy building my squad on the domestic stage, in the world of International football there was a Euro 2024 win for England. It finally came home!

7. euro 2024.JPG

Then came a sale I didn't expect to be making this Summer. Anthony Knockaert was one of my best players last season, but because of that he was demanding a new contract with a hefty pay rise. When I say hefty, he was asking for over £32k minimum, where as the max I could offer was only £26k, which by the way, would have still more than trebled his wages! The greedy ******* rejected it though and that left him unhappy, so it was time to move him on. Sparta Prage were prepared to fork out £2.9 million for him, with £2.2 million up front, so he moves to the Czech Republic.

7. knockaert.JPG

Unfortunately for me, the Knockaert sale didn't all go into the transfer budget, with the board only making £400k of it available to me. I still had to be pretty shrewd with my further transfer business and that started with the free transfer of centre back, Thomas Isherwood. He's a beast at 6ft 5" and could prove a cheeky bargain for the club!

7. isherwood.JPG