Assemble a side like Everton?

Minstrels

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has successfully managed to assemble a side like Everton. What I mean is taking control of a side like Wolves, Newcastle etc and turning them into a fortress, a tight knitted unit. I'm guessing you'll need to assemble a squad full of players with high stats in teamwork, work rate and determination? I might take on the task on creating a side like this who will wear there heart on the sleeve who wont give up and will dog it out against Chelsea, Man United (a side everyone doomed for relegation).

And a side which Man City will knick the better players from? ;) Nah only kidding with you since you bought Lescott and support Man City :)

It would be a challenge, and as you've seen its took Moyes 4/5 years to build a good, top 7 side, and 6/7 years to build this side that, without injuries, could go on to compete with the top 4, so it would take about 8 years to do so :)

Yer this is what I try to do on mostly every game I start. Trying to get a nice balance instead of buying loads of technical ability and attacking. I always look at peoples personalities aswell to make sure there the right type of player, for example determined and ambitious. If they are unsporting or selfish i wont sign them no matter how good they are.

Hey thats an interesting question. I know what you mean though. I've been trying to create that 'do or die' attitude for my Arsenal team. This is what I think you will need:

First off you must have players who want to play for you and your team. If a player lists the team you manage as one of his favourites there is a good chance he will want to play his hardest. And kiss the badge a few times after every goal! If you have played the game long enough you will find some player even list YOU as a favoured personal. If this is the case, he will again want to work hard at his job. When bringing in players make sure they have good mental stats, particularly in: Bravery, Determination, Teamwork and Workrate. This will ensure the team is made up of hard working individuals. In addition to this you must have players with good physical stats in order to chase down the opposition for 90 minutes if they need to. Such stats as: Natural Fitness, Strength and Stamina will aid their own disire to compete. When scouting reports come back and show that a player is professional, this is a good indicator that he will always give their all.

Make sure you have healthy competition for places but don't over buy as some may lose motivation if they can't get in the team. Also encouragement never goes a miss.

What do you think?