I'm 100% on board the Genk bus here!

What a great side to pick, and some great results! Don't Genk have Kevin De Brunye? Is he back from injury yet?

Good to here! He's back were I am in the season but struggling to get him into the team.

October

View attachment 212818

Club Brugge 0 : 2 Genk
Joneleit

View attachment 212824
"Another clean sheet and another win. Not much to be said really was a midfield dominated game and we just took our 2 chances. Sending off from Grimi late on leaves him out of the next game against top of the table Zulte."

Genk 2 : 2 Zulte Waregem
Nadson(2), Maazou, Grégoire(pen)

View attachment 212822
"Great game from the top 2 teams. Very open and great to watch. A draw was a fair result despite throwing away a 2 goal lead in the second half."

Genk 1 : 2 Man City
Sanogo, Dzeko(2)

View attachment 212823
"Very proud of the lads after this performance! Great atmosphere at the Cristal Arena as we entertained the premier league leaders and gave them one **** of a game. We showed how well we could mix it with the big boys and it was until the 84th min when Dzeko snatched a point from us with a powerful header. OM lost as well so we are sitting comfortably in 3rd."

Lokeren 2 : 2 Genk
Mokulu, De Pauw, Barda(2)

View attachment 212821
"More dropped points in the league after European exports. A late equaliser minutes after we gained the lead cost us in the end as we only managed a draw away from home. 2 goals from Barda on his return from injury shows just how important he is to our title chances."

RC Mechelen 0 : 2 Genk
Sanogo(2)

View attachment 212820
"A first half brace from Sanogo allows us to ease past Division 3 Mechelen in the cup. Rested many first team player in this one but still dominated the game against poor opposition."

STVV 2 : 1 Genk
Smetana, Delorge(pen), Sanogo

View attachment 212819
"A moronic mistake from central defender Nadson cost us a game that we should have walked as he gave away a penalty in injury time. They played with 10men for 90mins and we lost. Fans aren't happy as our first loss comes against our main rivals."

League Table
View attachment 212825

Monthly Summary
A poor month overall only picking up one victory but we still manage to top the table at the end of it. No new injuries and Barda returning from his leads us to being in a strong position for the next month. Record singing Sanogo is also progressing well and showing how good he can become.

November

View attachment 212874

Man City 6 : 0 Genk
Danny, Nasri, Touré, Balotelli, Aguero, Barry

View attachment 212853
"Absolutely demolished and was abit of a reality check really. We traveled to Manchester believing we can get something but the morale of the squad was a lot lower when we exited. They were a class above and showed it from the start. We have a break before the next Champions league fixture and need the morale up before we entertain OM."

Genk 4 : 0 Mons
De Bruyne, Sanogo(2), Barda

View attachment 212857
"A good performance after a bad result in Europe. Clean sheet, goals for the strikers and a good performance for De Bruyne on his way back from injury. On to the next game in good spirits, need a good run to consolidate my place on top."

Genk 4 : 1 Standard
Sanogo, Nádson, Barda(2), Politevich

View attachment 212855
"Great performance against a really strong Standard side. Second time this season we beat them 4-1. More goals for Barda and Sanogo who are firing on all cylinders at the minute and powered us to a 5 point gap at the top. More of these results and it could be a happy season for the Genk faithful."

Genk 4 : 1 KV Kortrijk
LuaLua, Barda(2), Sanogo, Chavarria

View attachment 212858
"Another good performance as were really starting to hit the form we are capable of. Another double for Barda who really is in the form of his life. It was close at half time but our quality shone through and we pulled away in the 2nd half. Morale is super as we move into the biggest match so far against OM."

Genk 3 : 1 OM
Barda, Tozsér, Vossen, Ayew

View attachment 212856
"What a performance! Best of the season so far, no team wants to come to the Cristal Arena as we demolished an accomplished OM team. We now have secured 3rd place in the group and will gain more TV money playing in the Europa League."

OH Leuven 1 : 2 Genk
Boi, Sanogo, Benteke

View attachment 212852
"Got the 3 points today against second from bottom Leuven. We were far from convincing but the sending off of Robinsion made it difficult for us to threaten but we held on and escape with a needed 3 points."

Genk 1 : 2 STVV
Barda, Kotysch, Delorge

View attachment 212854
"We rested alot of first team players and it showed. We lacked any real cutting edge until Barda came of the bench but it was too little, too little. We are now able to focus on efforts elsewhere."

League Table
View attachment 212859

Monthly Summary
A great month as we secured 3rd in the Champions League and moved to having a 7 point lead at the top.Sanogo and Barda both hitting form when we needed it. Barda scoring 6, while Sanogo hit 5. Both are starting to attract interest with Mourinho reportedly being at Cristal to watch Sanogo. I have also managed to get the youth and training facilities upgraded by the board so we can produce even more quality youngsters.

Player of the month
View attachment 212877
Elyaniv Barda

December

View attachment 213027

Genk 0 : 0 Cercle Brugge

View attachment 213015
"Really don't know what happened in this game. We have the most feared strike force in the league and we failed to find the net in a game we dominated."

FC Bayern 1 : 1 Genk
Olic, Sanogo

View attachment 213017
"Another great performance from my team in Europe. We traveled to Bayern and were unlucky not to take all 3 points. I can only be proud of my team as we managed to finish 3rd in arguably the hardest group there was. We will now move down to the Europa League and see how far we can progress in it."

AA Gent 1 : 1 Genk
Coulibaly, Vossen

View attachment 213020
"A game we should have won after they had a man sent of early on. Our fatigue showed as we struggled to create any real chances and they managed to take the lead. Luckily substitute Vossen popped up with our only shot on target and stuck it in the net."

Beerschot AC 0 : 3 Genk
Sanogo, LuaLua, Vossen

View attachment 213019
"A good away performance today. In a very attacking game we managed to get a clean sheet and put their defense to the sword with 3 well taken goals. Was a needed win as we had drawn a few before this and our lead was disappearing."

Genk 1 : 2 Anderlecht
Vanden Borre, Suarez, De Sutter

View attachment 213016
"A poor performance once again but this time we got nothing out of the game as Tom De Sutter struck a late winner for a strong Anderlecht team. We had more shots but failed to create many clear chances for the forwards."

KV Mechelen 2 : 2 Genk
Vandenbergh(2), Sanogo, Vossen

View attachment 213014
"Our poor run continues as we failed to get a victory away to Mechelen. It was made difficult for us as idiot left-back Robinson got sent off for the 3rd time in 7 appearances. We also picked up an injury as this time promising youngster De Bruyne picked up a knock.

Champions League Group

View attachment 213018

Monthly Summary
A really poor month as the fatigue was starting to kick in so we are all relieved to get a nice break now over New Year. I also got an extra 7million to spend in the transfer window and will be looking to strengthen the back line. Not many players stood out this month but Jelle Vossen was starting to prove what he could add to the club as he scored 3 goals this month.

Player of the month
View attachment 213026
Jelle Vossen

Are people still interested? Anything you would like me to include or change?

January

View attachment 213123

Transfers
The targets for this transfer window were to buy players that would not only influence the quality of the team when they arrive but will grow into some great players that will stay with the team for years.

Sebastian Mielitz
View attachment 213100

"The first signing was a young keeper on loan for backup. My sub keeper had a long injury so I needed some cover and i loaned him from my parent club Werder Bremen. Doubt he will play though unless there are injuries."

Lucas Viatri
View attachment 213101

"A top class center forward that will really take the pressure off Barda to be the main main. He is a record signing but not all of the fee is upfront. About 1/3 is over 48 months.

Guillermo Burdisso
View attachment 213102

"For £4m this guy is a steal! I am a real admirer of this player and i really hope he will form a formidable partnership with Verkhovtsov who arrives on a free. He's young and can hopefully be the center of our defense for years to come. £1.5m of Burdisso's fee is over 48 months."

Gabriel Silva
View attachment 213104

"The signing of this young Brazilian was really key. I had decided that the left back position was my weakest link as Grimi is poor defensively and Robinson can help but get sent off every game. This guy fits the bill he's like a young Dani Alves as he roams up and down the left for fun. If he turns out to be anywhere near as good I will be happy."

Overview
View attachment 213103

Matches

US Raon-l'Etape 1 : 1 Genk
Ras, Tozser

View attachment 213093
"I fielded a mixture of youngsters and new signings in this mid-season friendly. Nothing too worrying just a good run out for fringe players to show what they can do."

Osnabruck 1 : 5 Genk
Porcello, Barda(2), Viatri(2), Benteke

View attachment 213094
"Two goals from new signing Viatri which is hopefully signs of things to come. Just another game to keep match sharpness before the league resumes."

Genk 2 : 1 Luzern
Viatri, Burdisso, Blumenfeld

View attachment 213095
"Two goals from new signings. Viatri is hopefully hitting some form before the league starts as he will be key for our title push."

Genk 3 : 1 Lierse
Viatri(3), Vandooren

View attachment 213096
"What a debut that is! His first league start and he fires in a hat-trick. 3 well taken goals shows what he is capable of and has signaled his intend for the rest of the season. The other new signing all made their debuts and played well. Silva is playing on the right as we have lost Anele to the African cup of nations"

Westerlo 0 : 1 Genk
Burdisso

View attachment 213092
"Burdisso's header mid-way through the second half sealed a win in a tough away trip to Westerlo. We are starting to find some form and can hopefully keep it going in the Europa League fixtures. Sanogo getting a straight red late on shows his inexperience but he will learn."

Genk 3 : 2 Club Brugge
Burdisso(2), Donk(og), Vleminckx, Donk

View attachment 213097
"Another 2 headers from new central defender Burdisso guide's us to a good win against a tough Brugge team. I was happy with the teams performance despite conceding 2 sloppy goals. We showed great determination and attitude to come back from 2 down which is something we are going to need to have."

Europa League Draw
View attachment 213098View attachment 213099

The draw for the first knock out round pitted us against French Champions Lille in what would be a very difficult tie. The winner of this match would play either AZ or Dortmund. Its a tough tie but i know if we can get somewhat of a good result in Lille we have a good chance when we entertain them at the Cristal Arena.

Monthly Summary

We enjoyed the break as it gave us a good chance to recharge the batteries before the closing stages of the league and important Europa League ties. We also managed to regain our form in the league and as our new signings guided us to 3 good victories. We also have a clean bill of health and the only player missing is Anele due to the African Nations Cup so we go into an important month in a good position and high spirits.

This story is uber-cool and I'm thinking of starting something in Belgium myself!

Cant wait for when a big European side comes looking for you! nice to see you sign some young players for Genk aswell , so that they can still do well when the inevitable happens.

Febuary

View attachment 214165

Zulte Waregem 1 : 3 Genk
Silva, LuaLua, Barda, Joneleit

View attachment 214140
"A win against fellow title contenders was exactly what was needed to start and important month. We were on top for the first half until they struck an equalizer in added time. I made sure the lads went out and stepped up there game and they did Barda bagging his first goal for a while before Joneleit scored a late header. Silva got sent off for a second yellow late on aswell."

Genk 4 : 0 Lokeren
Vossen(2), Barda(pen), Burdisso

View attachment 214135
"Another good performance as we demolished a poor Lokeren side at the Cristal Arena. Vossen bagged 2 goals as he returned to the starting line-up. We were 2 up inside 5mins and had finished our scoring in injury time of the first half. I took our key players off as we just kept the ball in he second half. Massive game away to Lille up next and head in with a fully fit squad"

LOSC Lille 2 : 5 Genk
Cole, Rozenhnal, Barda, Burdisso(2), Lorentzen, Sanogo

View attachment 214138
"What an amazing performance. Nobody gave us a chance as we traveled to Lille to play the French Champions but we showed exactly what we are made of. It was 1-1 at half time and I just told the boys to relax and have a go. What a response, 4 goals in 10mins may have put the whole tie out of Lille's reach. We need to concentrate now as we have a tough game against Standard in the league."

Standard 4 : 2 Genk
Tchite(3), Kanu, Vossen, Lorentzen

View attachment 214139
"We were outclassed today as the European hangover was very evident. We just didn't have the fitness in the later stages as they pulled away scoring 2 goals without response. However I am still out on top in the league as Standard aren't challenging."

Genk 2(7) : (4)2 LOSC Lille
Barda, Vander Borre, Sow(2)

View attachment 214136
"Where through! We shocked the footballing world as we dumped an accomplished Lille side out of the competition. We controlled the game and it took two great solo efforts for Moussa Sow for Lille to get anything from this game. We now play Dortmund in the next round and they are sure to pose a bigger challenge."

Genk 2 : 2 STVV
Sanogo(2), Okotie, Duller

View attachment 214137
"Another Europa League hangover as we struggled to get anything going in an even contest against our rivals. Anele getting sent off didn't help as they managed to open up a two goal lead. Wonderkid Sanogo marked his return to league action with a late brace to help us ****** a point."

Monthly Summary
A really good month as we progressed in Europe and look like we have secured top spot for the Belgian League Champions Group. I am happy with the performances of the squad and I am delighted with the progress of the youngsters, mostly Yaya Sanogo who has been here for 7 months and even at 19 looks like he is the real deal.

Cant wait for when a big European side comes looking for you! nice to see you sign some young players for Genk aswell , so that they can still do well when the inevitable happens.

Cheers i don't intend to leave Genk for a while though. If I do though i am taking Sanogo with me, he is such a beast.

***********************************************************************************************

Sorry for not having an update for a while i've been busy with work and school but should get some more up tomorrow.

March

View attachment 214555

Mons 0 : 2 Genk
Lorentzen, Viatri

View attachment 214521
"A comfortable win against another bottom of the league Mons. 2 first half goals from inform Lorentzen and Viatri put us in a great position to not exert too much energy in the second half. It also gave me a chance to rest some players before the Dortmund game."

Final League Table
View attachment 214515
"We finished top by 5 points from AA Gent and will now go into the Champions group with a 3 point lead. We play each of the other top 6 twice. The team that finishes top after that will advance into the Champions League."

Dortmund 2 : 1 Genk
Leitner, Persic, Sanogo

View attachment 214516
"We traveled to Germany with out tails up having finished top of the league and beating a strong Lille side in the last game. We showed this spirit when we took an early lead through Sanogo. In the second half however it was a more nervy performance as we showed our inexperience and gave away two goals. This leaves us with a good chance as we have grabbed an away goal but it will be tough to get a result even at home."

Genk 2(3) : 2(4) Dortmund
Burdisso, Sanogo, Kagawa, Bastians

View attachment 214518
"Not much i can say really. We gave it our best shot and fell short. They scored 2 goals in the first half which left us with an almost impossible task of getting 4 second half goals. It looked as the comeback was on as we struck two early in the second half but they shut up shop and held on. I am very proud of the team and i think we have shocked a lot of teams by getting this far and for that reason our campaign has been a massive success."

Belgian League Champions Group

Standard 0 : 1 Genk
Grimi

View attachment 214522
"A good performance capped of by left back Grimi rounding of a good move half way through the second half. It was a good defensive performance against a very strong Standard team."

Lokeren 0 - 4 Genk
Viatri(2), Mertens(og), Sanogo

View attachment 214520
"Another good performance as we thrashed Lokeren away from home. Viatri scoring a first half brace set us up in a great position early on and we kicked on from there and got a result."

Genk 3 : 0 Club Brugge
Viatri, Silva, Burdisso

View attachment 214517
"Our 3rd clean sheet in a row has allowed us to continue our great start to the Champions Group. 3 goals from January signings showing the quality they bring to the side. Burdisso also showing how dangerous he is from corners as he scored his 8th of the season."

Genk 4 : 1 STVV
Burdisso(2), De Brunye, Lorentzen, Smentana

View attachment 214519
"They took the lead early on but our quality shone through as we put them to the sword and scored 4 goals. Burdisso getting a first half brace as they failed to deal with his areal prowess. De Bruyne also getting a goal on his return from injury."

Monthly Summary
A really good month as we won all 5 league games and in comfortable fashion, scoring 14 and conceding just 1! However exiting Europe was a disappointing result, but the fans are extremely happy with progression of the club as we mixed it with the big boys and did quite well. The youngsters are also showing great progression and a lot of my players are being linked with big money moves overseas.

April + May

View attachment 214596

Genk 2 : 1 AA Gent
Burdisso, Suler(og), Bruls

View attachment 214601
"A really good performance against 2nd place Gent. We were 2 up after 10 mins and just controlled the game from there. They pulled one back late on to make it a tense finish but we held on a got a very important 3 points. We have now increased our lead to 8 points and hole the pole position for winning the lead."

Genk 5 : 2 Standard
Sanogo(2), Barda, Lorentzen, Verkhovtsov, Politevich, Gohi Bi

View attachment 214603
"A great attacking performance from my side today. We sliced through Standard's defense time after time. We were 4-0 up at half time and in complete control. We conceded two late goals but all in all i was very happy with the performance as we again increased our lead at the top."

Club Brugge 2 : 1 Genk
Hoefkens, Blondel, Vander Borre

View attachment 214600
"A poor performance as we lost for the first time in 8 Pro League games. We gave the ball away too much and just couldn't finish the chances we created two things that hadn't featured for the majority of the season. We are still top and look like securing the title next week against Lokeren."

Genk 3 : 1 Lokeren
Lorentzen, Verkhovtsov, Sanogo, Finnbogason

View attachment 214602
"A good performance as we confirmed our place at the top of the table. We played well and controlled the game, Lorentzen gave us the lead with a very good free kick and played a key role in the middle of the park with MOM Tozser."

STVV 0 : 2 Genk
Barda, Hubert

View attachment 214611
"A really scrappy game in the final derby game of the year. 11 yellow cards in total in a real stop start match. No team got going to be honest and we managed to score on two counter attacks. It was nice to win another derby for the fans as we lost the first 2 under my management."

AA Gent 0 : 0 Genk

View attachment 214610
"A bore draw in a meaningless game. I played a lot of second string players and they held there own against a good Gent team. We rapped up the season well and showed great form in the Champion Group. This victory confirms our place in the qualifying stages of the Champions League."

Season Summary

Champions group
View attachment 214617

Player Stats
View attachment 214618

Team Stats
View attachment 214619

Team Overview
View attachment 214620

"The season as a whole was a massive success. We managed to retain the League title quite comfortable making it the first time the club has managed back to back titles. We also enjoyed great success in Europe, We held our own in a tough Champions League group, amassing 8 points and finishing 3rd. We then beat Lille in the Europa League to get into the Last-16, the furthest our club has ever been. It was great for the clubs finances and reputation as we got a lot of TV coverage. We also progressed in quality, Our signings came in a did extremely well, youngsters progressed and facilities were upgraded.

I am now ready for the next season as we enter the Champions League at the Group Stage due to performances by Belgian teams in European competitions. Our reputation has increased (3rd highest in Belgium) and I can add quality to the team that before now i couldn't attract to our club."​

nice story looking forward to seeing more not heard much about genk but will follow this with interest

cant believe man city won 5-0!!!!!! still following

Sorry for no updates, been having internet problems recently and now my laptop need a new charger so it could be a few days before the next update.