1995/96 Season: Premier to Vauxhall Conference

Bezy100

Reaction score
Hey there all, I've posted a database for a lad from another wbesite who I asked if he would like more opinions on it and knowing that there's a lot of good critism which will help for his next update in a few weeks time. You will be able to download the database when it's been approved. It is as the title says which is the 1995/96 Premiership which runs right down to the then named Vauxhall Conference. I've copied and pasted the descripition on the upload but will also post it here for people who wish to make enquiries about the database.

"Players: We deleted all players in the game, then started to build all the Premiership squads one by one by adding players as listed in the Rothmans Yearbook. After making the Premiership, we started to expand by adding players in foreign countries and the Football League. In the present version there are 794 players in the Premiership, 745 players in Division 1, 590 players in Division 2, 365 players in Division 3, and around 1500 players in foreign countries. I would say that only the top three divisions in England are fully playable, but there are many full size squads in Division 3 and a few European top clubs (maybe 10 in Italy) as well.

Staff: All managers in the Premier League and Football League are as of 1995. We have tried to systematically delete all managers of higher reputations who wouldn’t be in the frame in 1995, though some managers in non league may still occur in the game. In addition, much of the staff has been retained. Retaining these have been time saving for the still on-going process of adding players and coaches – when this work is fully done, the remaining staff can be deleted. Adding staff has been more difficult than adding players, as the most important source, Rothmans Yearbook 1996, isn’t always comprehensive in this matter. However, for teams in the Premier League, staff (except scouts) should be as of 1995, including chairmen in most cases.

Competitions: No new competition rules have been made for this db. That means that there are still 7 subs, not 3, in the match day squads, the Champions League will be with 4 English participants (not only Blackburn, but also Manchester U, Nottingham F and Liverpool!), no Anglo-Italian cup, and so on.

How to avoid 10.3 crash: Immediately after patching the game to 10.3, the game started to crash when using the db. The db proved not to be corrupted, neither were any of the backups. With 10.2, however, it is still working fine and it has been tested for several seasons without any trouble experienced. The particular trouble with 10.3 seems to be that of going past the “Create you manager profile” screen, and a method for avoiding this crash has been suggested:
1) After starting this db on 10.3, the game will show you the new manager window.
2) Do NOTHING now, but immediately save your game instead.
3) Click continue and let your game crash.
4) Re-start your game and select the savegame.
5) You now should be able to use this.

How to play: download the file and place it in the folder “Editor Data”. As mentioned above, I recommend using version 10.2 for the game. Start new game > Choose database: Default database + ensure that the season9596 file is chosen as editor data file > Select nations: I recommend using the top four English divisions and adding as many extra players as possible from the db (e.g. Large + Players based in: Europe)

Help with further editions: We would be very glad to hear from people who can help with making the db better. All info is welcome: managers’ preferred formations, squad info for Sampdoria, opinions on Mark Jules’ (Chesterfield) technical attributes … Please take contact if you would like to help. We plan to make a new edition a few weeks ahead in time."

Link to download Database - http://www.mediafire.com/?acja8m1x8d3sawb

Please leave your feedback on the database for improvements so I can give the information back to the guy's who have worked on it.
Many thanks. =]

Last edited:
It'll be in the custom database area of the website when it's been approved. =]

ill defo give it a download can you post a link when its been approved?

Him and his small team have spent a lot of time working on it so my hat's off to them =]. If any of you guy's would like screenshot's for team's, let me know and I'll put them up on the database when it's been approved. =]

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

ill defo give it a download can you post a link when its been approved?

Yeah definately mate, I'll probably put it into the top post.

Woo- Woo- Woo! Yeah, well in, hope it's good mate!

Cant Wait, Oldham must have a pretty good team!

Brilliant stuff lad,few people put so much effort into doing such databases,you have my respect

cool cant wait, liverpool had **** of a young squad in 95 96,

Great work. Must have taken ages to delete all the players.

sick mate, united's team in 95/96 schmeichel, cantona, beckham, giggs, scholes, keane, cole, irwin, bruce, pallister, sharpe...

*drools*

sick mate, united's team in 95/96 schmeichel, cantona, beckham, giggs, scholes, keane, cole, irwin, bruce, pallister, sharpe...

*drools*

Aha I had a bit of a play about with Man United and they tend to beast a lot of team's. Solid Keeper in Schmichael and the defence of Bruce, Irwin, and the Neville's proved quite good.

Just out of curiousity lad's but when do the admin's approve database's?

Aha I had a bit of a play about with Man United and they tend to beast a lot of team's. Solid Keeper in Schmichael and the defence of Bruce, Irwin, and the Neville's proved quite good.

Just out of curiousity lad's but when do the admin's approve database's?

24-48 hours i think mate

Solid Keeper in Schmichael

thats an understatement

Schmichael was legend mate,shame his son was never any good for the Premiere League

cant wait to try this database what a fantastic job well done to everybody involved

Yeah Schmichael truely is a legend, his son still has time to shine, have to wait and see how he does at Leeds.

cant waittt... any idea when its going to be approved.

I'm not sure mate, hopefully soon, is there anyone I can get into contact with to see about the database been approved or is it just playing the waiting game till it's approved?

You could upload it onto mediafile and put up a link?

http://www.mediafire.com/

If you dont know how to do it, Give me your msn and send me it. Ill upload it onto mediafile for you.