The Manchester United Thread

u18s beat a mix of Hearts 1st team and second string today in there first pre season friendly today 5-1

That’s unheard of at Utd!

John Murtough was never due to attend #mufc's pre-season tour as he focuses on the summer transfer window and trying to secure deals for Frenkie de Jong, Christian Eriksen, Lisandro Martínez and Antony. [@TelegraphDucker]

It remains to be seen if Richard Arnold meets up with the travelling party in Melbourne or Perth. The tour is being led from an executive level by chief operating officer, Collette Roche. [@TelegraphDucker]

If they don't secure de Jong (I still can't get my head around how they so want a man who openly doesn't want to come but I digress .....) after very publicly saying he's the main target they have been working on for over 2 months now, they both want binning.

That would be cringe embarrassing even for post-Ferguson Utd.

If they don't secure de Jong (I still can't get my head around how they so want a man who openly doesn't want to come but I digress .....) after very publicly saying he's the main target they have been working on for over 2 months now, they both want binning.

It was embarrassing even in Fergies time here. When we had similar issues with signing certain players. Some transfers take a long time especially if the other club are in a bigger mess than you are. If he’s the main target and available you go for him until it’s 100% sure not gonna happen. Which no one from either side has indicated.0

The U/21's successful pre season match against Hearts winning 6-1. Goals from Mejia (p), Forson, McNeill (p), Mather, Shoretire and Hansen-Aaroen. Again most players got half a game.

It was embarrassing even in Fergies time here. .....

It must have been shockingly bad if anything rivals spending a whole summer prioritising a new managers main target, who it's becoming more and more apparent doesn't really want to join to begin with, if they fail to clinch that by September 1st.

Shockingly bad indeed.

Would it be worse than the Jadon Sancho saga?

Would it be worse than the Jadon Sancho saga?
I would say yes. You had new manager appointed at end of April, with lot of moving parts changed during the season. Told and reported he is hardcore already into Manchester United stuff and skipp holiday + Ajax winning party or something like that. We are reaching mid July with 4 WEEKS to go until first game. Chasing player who clearly wants to stay at Barca than rather move. (Barca is laughing stock and so sick of their issues and leverage stuff. Sagas with Lewa and specially as they are close to us right now, trying to edge themself with Raphinha.)

Sancho dragged for ages, but there was never doubt about his will to join, rather Dortmund hard balling and wanting him for a bit longer. And ofcourse milking all the money out of Ed.

Well, being as we are told this is 'new' Utd .....

I’m trying really hard to believe there’s an actual change but it feels like more of the same. Even not factoring in Frankie de Jong’s interest, there’s the issue with his deferred wages where he’s being owed £17 million. Leaving now would mean he’d practically lose that amount or get involved in a lawsuit against his childhood club…I don’t think that’s an option he’d like to explore

On a side note, I really can’t make heads or tails of Barcelona’s transfer strategy this summer. They claim to be financially handicapped yet they’re signing (Or vying to sign) aging players on big wages.

It’s a losing battle but, for some reason, we’re not going for alternatives. Fabian Ruiz from Napoli would be a fine addition and would cost less.

I’m trying really hard to believe there’s an actual change but it feels like more of the same. Even not factoring in Frankie de Jong’s interest, there’s the issue with his deferred wages where he’s being owed £17 million. Leaving now would mean he’d practically lose that amount or get involved in a lawsuit against his childhood club…I don’t think that’s an option he’d like to explore

On a side note, I really can’t make heads or tails of Barcelona’s transfer strategy this summer. They claim to be financially handicapped yet they’re signing (Or vying to sign) aging players on big wages.

It’s a losing battle but, for some reason, we’re not going for alternatives. Fabian Ruiz from Napoli would be a fine addition and would cost less.
And you know this how?

Ronald Koeman literally came out the other day and stated he wants to stay in Spain
Koeman says lot of things. Most of them are dubious to say the least.

Ronald Koeman literally came out the other day and stated he wants to stay in Spain
Yes coz he’s going to say otherwise. It’s like all the Spanish press claiming the same. But then say another time that FDJ has had positive words about joining Utd after talks in person with ETH. The truth is no one knows what he wants apart from himself.

And you know this how?
Well I’d love to be surprised by a surprise midfield signing (preferably 2) but I do feel if we had an alternative, it would be somewhat public knowledge already (you’re also forcing Laporta’s hand considering the fee we are willing to pay would be their only significant influx of outside cash this summer).

Also Fabian Ruiz has one year left on his contract. We’d probably get him on the cheap

Well I’d love to be surprised by a surprise midfield signing (preferably 2) but I do feel if we had an alternative, it would be somewhat public knowledge already (you’re also forcing Laporta’ hand considering the fee we are willing to pay would be their only significant influx of outside cash this summer).

Also Fabian Ruiz has one year left on his contract. We’d probably get him fairly cheap
He would be a good alternative tbh! If what Mitten says is true the Neves and then Tielmans Are FDJ back ups. That will be our second CM signing after Eriksen.