Status
Not open for further replies.

maxy67

Reaction score
This is my first tactic that is not based on a previous formation by a famous team, part of my recreation series of tactics, it's my own idea. It is sort of like the old style catenaccio tactics in Italian football in the 1960's and 1970's in that it uses a sweeper behind two central defenders, and it is also very much similar to modern day Italian football sides using 3 defenders and two wid mids instead of full backs.

I have only tested it with Sampdoria, who were predicted 4th in the league. When I took the role most of the players wanted to leave and so had to sell most of my team selling 25.5 millions worth of players and only spending 4.8 million, and still managed to win Serie B by 17 points. The formation is a 3-4-3 uses a defensive sweeper who is at the core of the defence, and seems to keep the defence tight. It plays mainly on the wings, and uses inside forwards and defensive wingers on the wings.

Roles:

Sweeper (SW)

Central Defender (DC)

Limited Defender (DC)

Anchor Man (DMC)

Deep-Lying Playmaker (DMC)

Defensive Winger (ML/MR)

Inside Forward (STL/STR)

Poacher (STC)

If anyone has any feedback I'd love to hear it, any tweaks would be helpful!

View attachment 215298View attachment 215299View attachment 215300View attachment 215301View attachment 215302View attachment 215303View attachment 215303View attachment 215307View attachment 215308

Pitch size: Wide or normal Opp Instructions: Left it up to assistant

Last edited:
What are you use to Match Preparation?

P.s.: sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.