3 at the back

• Thread starter Thread starter chrismcfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4K

chrismcfc

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a 3 at the back tactic with my Real Madrid team. I'm aiming to play it as a 3-4-2-1 with the 2 being attacking midfielders. I'm wanting to have a 3 at the back where I have a lot of the ball so possession is key.So this Is how I'm aiming to line up...
Casillas

Ramos - Albiol - Varane

Walker - Fletcher - Khedira - Bale

Hazard - Ronaldo

Higuain

Any help about how to make a solid defence while playing brilliant possession football with 3 at the back will be very helpful

Thanks in advance ;)

Walker as in Kyle? Playing in Midfield or as a wingback??? You'll have lots of possession playing that way for sure but I find that player odd there.

Ye It's Kyle Walker. I bought him because he is very fast and doesn't have to bad defending attributes hence why I got Bale as well. Wondering weather to drop Ramos into Sweeper like this.

Casillas

Ramos

Albiol - Varane​

3 at the back is always solid. Usually when you play 4 at the back with 2 full-backs, they tend to attack a lot unless you instruct them not to and that leaves you with only 2 players defending at times (your CB's). Play Bale and Walker as wing backs so they can get forward and start up attacks but also get back when needed.

I don't think dropping Ramos as Sweeper will help. 3 CB are good enough especially with this quality. Did you set the wide midfielders as defensive wingers? With this formation you should be able to have lots of possession and with the quality up front there will probably be no problems to win titles. However you need to pay attention against strong opponents as Barça, ManU, Man City as they are able to beat your defensive setup

I've got Bale and Walker as Wide Midfielders at the moment. The Idea is to have a second formation trained with them as Wing Backs for away games. And Just bought Gotze as a replacement for Ronaldo as he is 30 on my game now

Check Pawns tatic, with 3 defenders and playing counter attack. very good one i may say. Playing with it against big temas, always wining... always.

i've always found playing with 3 at the back a lot harder to maintain possesion yet not being vulnerable to the counter attack. I would recomend looking tp playa 5 at the back with walker and bale wingback who can still provide a considerable attacking threat.

I made a tactic similar to that but in a 5-3-2 with 2 Midfielders and a IF at CAM and was quite successful so see my thread below for details

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ics-training/96699-napoli-my-way-updated.html

I believe I have made a fantastic tactic here It's the same formation as in the OP and Ronaldo is scoring for fun in the left side attacking midfield role! Higuain scored a lot as well.

Games Played - 15

For - 59

Against - 12

Ronaldo - 12 played 22 goals 7 assists

Higuain - 9 played 11 goals 6 assists

Hazard - 11 played 7 goals 14 assists

Is your formation a 3-4-2-1 with AM's, not AML/R? If so could you leave a screenshot of the formation with team instructions? I have tried that formation here and there but never been able to score many with it. Thanks

i would love to emulate this tactic i just cant make it work keep trying to replicate napoli this season

Back