4-1-1-2-2 - 11.3 Patch - Title in 1st Season as Spurs with 4 Games to Go!

mikedodgson

Reaction score
Intro

Hello All,

I'm a long term user of other people tactics, as I'm one lazy lazy man... but drew inspiration from others on various boards and came up with the tactic below which is available to download.

My 1st season isn't finished yet but I've just clinched the title as spurs - with 4 games left to go!

I'm in the 2nd leg of the Champions League semi final, having just beaten Lyon away 2-1 in the first leg. I'm also in the Final of the F.A cup which is due to be played at the end of the season.

The formation is a 4-1-1-2-2 which provides at times some very sleek football whilst being solid at the back. I've not tweaked the tactic since the first few games and since then it's been amazing.

The Tactic Itself:

The back 5 are pretty standard - al set to defend, with a Cover & Stopper in combination in central defense.

An anchor man is used behind a standard central midfielder, set to support.

2 Wingers, who's wide play is set to cut inside - these positions are flexible... I tend to use Modric on the Left, and V D Vaart on the right - but Dentinho (right footed) has been extremely productive there, with over 15 assists... so it's not essential to have opposite footers on each wings.

The left sided striker is an Advanced Forward, and the right sided is a Poacher but any combination will do as long as they have a reasonble amount of pace... as both receive plenty of through balls on the ground and over the top.

Other Info

I don't use any OP (Opposition Instructions).

I don't use any touchline shouts.

I let my assistant do my match preparation (make sure he's got at least 15 for tactical knowledge to be able to handle this reponsibilty).

This is very much plug and play... I'm lazy!

Full backs tend to get tired so I always make sure I have some backups on my bench.

I always make sure I praise my 3 highest performing players after each match with a private chat to let them know how I feel... I think this kind of thing keeps morale up which is just as important as anything else.

I haven't used any training apart from the default that you start the game with.

Questions

I welcome any questions or requests - but I must stress I have tried lots and lots of tactics, and I'm genuinley excited about my own, I feel it's right up there with the best... hope you have similar success.

To replicate this, use the info above and please use for at least 5 games to start giving it a fair review... please don't say it's rubbish after 1 game!

Good Luck

Tactic Download

4-2-4 11.3 HOME LAST (Tottenham, Oct 2011).tac

Looks like it suits your players like a glove, good work. When using this tactic, have you encountered any players in your squad not fitting in with the tactic, not being able to carry out the instructions because of their ppms etc. ( Like a forward coming deep and dwell on the ball etc)

Not yet - but my striker choices have been limited.

I used Mutu in the advanced forward role as he's more creative and gets loads of assists. But, I only realy have Defoe or Lavezzi who I normally play in the poacher role, and Defoe has sometimes played in the Adv Forward role to great effect.

Just finishing my season tonight...

Beat Lyon 4-1 in the 2nd leg at White Hart Lane and just beat Bolton 2-0 in the FA Cup Final.... one more league game against Man City then Barcelona in the final of the champs league!

Just ended the premiership campaign with a 3-0 home win against Man City.

14 Point difference says it all...

what a tactic! First season i managed to finish 11th with west brom.

I like the look of this, I'm not sure if it would fit for a lower placed team though. I might give it a crack on my Boro save as I have an array of attacking players to try with it.

You sold Gareth Bale, WHYYY? And only 15M, ****, pretty low business hehe. Tactic looks good. I check this and when im done i leave feedback. Peace!

You sold Gareth Bale, WHYYY? And only 15M, ****, pretty low business hehe. Tactic looks good. I check this and when im done i leave feedback. Peace!

I know I know! It's all I could get for him to raise some cash... he's not good enough to be a LB, and my wingers in this tactic cut inside more to make through balls so I thought I'd cash in... but I think it paid off!

Good look with the tactic - please let me know how it goes.

I've just started the 2nd season - brought in Jagielka, Ballotelli & Pirlo... going for the treble this year!

I'm just in pre-season but I love this tactic. Modric can't stop scoring. He just cuts back inside and scores. It's amazing thanks.

This is a very good tactic, good passing, and effective, im playing with liverpool, done 1 or 2 tweaks, but havent lost any games, and Carroll is scoring for fun, an kuyt and gerrard are playing awesome aswell.

Hi ya, i am also Spurs and so far this tactic is giving me some great results, ie beating real madrid 5-3 at home, however i am concerned for the away results, do i continue to go with the attacking, or would you suggest tweaking a bit for away games against bigger teams??

It's up to you, but I haven't changed the tactic once for any game.

Are you quite early on in the season, are players still getting used to it?

To prove how good this is I've started a new game as Newcastle to give it a good test!

Looks good. I'd give it a go with Liverpool and let you know the results.. cheers

Which player is Playmaker and Target man ??? Pitch size ??
I will test this ;)

Tweakable? Will give it a spin but will need to tweak it to my teams style, and probably swap roles of the forwards.

Target Man & Playmaker are ticked but intentionally set to nobody - so you don't need to change this.

Pitch Size... minimum.

I haven't tweaked once in any game.

Update: In my new save as Newcastle, 4 games in just beat Man Utd 4-2 at St James... going well so far!

Given it a little go, had to set the wingers to inside forwards and gave my forwards (Cavani/Lavezzi) a little bit more creativity. Also set the central midfielder (support) to advanced playmaker (attack).

Done 8 games, and won 7 of them. Includes 5-2 over Bari, 3-1 over Porto, 3-2 over Galatasary and 2-0 over A.C Milan. The loss was 1-0 to Juventus, and I would consider that my fault, made a mistake of opposition instructions and team talks.

Looks great so far, will give a little bit more update. Just to note, the Napoli side is in season 2.

Motherwell 0-4 Liverpool Won
Liverpool 0-0 Motherwell Drew
Liverpool 5-0 BrØndby Won
BrØndby 2-0 Liverpool Lost
Bolton o-2 Liverpool Won
Liverpool 3-3 Chelsea Drew

I'd give it a season and see the results. Im happy with the performance overall..I tweaked corners a little bit..