Shaneckham

Reaction score
Iv long been a fan of 4-3-3/4-5-1 mainly due to the holding midfielder keeps the defence solid. So i fancied a change, my aim was to keep the back for tight as i dont like to concede much so i play deep both centre back only cosing down in area. I like my centre backs to be one with good anticipation decisions and composure, i have this centre back closing down less than the other one. So he acts as more like the sweeper of the two. The other centre back i like to be tall good in the air, a good ball winner as he is going to be closing down and winning the ball. Terry carvalho style partnership. My fullbacks i like them to be good markers but have pace and stamina to get up and support my wingers when safe to do so, i leave them automatic and tick tight marking, longs shots to rarely. My two centre mids both deeplying player makers one set to defensive and the other to support, my aim is one to be good at the defensive side of the game and the other to support the attacks be clever to play the right ball. So the supporting mid i set as my playmaker. Again with the more defensive mid i have his closing down a bit less than the other centre mid so he is reading the game and i put through balls to sometimes. Both wide men are set to wingers support quick good dribblers. I set them to long shots rarely through balls often. The my main man in the hole inbetween the oppositions defence and midfield, this is my key to unlock all doors i have him set to trequartista, again long shots set to rarely i dont want him to waste the ball shooting from distance, i rather him to pick off the defence with clever passes and dribbling, good finishing on this player is a bonus as he will get lots of chances a del piero style. My finisher lone striker is set to poacher making the clever runs keeping that back line moving, anticipation off the ball decisions are key on this player and obviously finishing, composure and dribbling. I always train them to have the traits beat the offside trap, move into channels too. So il upload some screen shots so you have a better idea, and feel free to leave feed back, and any question feel free.

View attachment 166683View attachment 166684View attachment 166685

View attachment 166686View attachment 166687View attachment 166688

View attachment 166688View attachment 166689View attachment 166690

View attachment 166691View attachment 166694View attachment 166696

Iv uploaded alot of screen shots so you can see wot iv changed individually, dont be put off by my position in the league as i was conceding to much before i sorted out my defensive positioning. As you can see i have a pretty average team, trust me this is a very good tactic il upload my fixtures list so you can see so of my results.
View attachment 166699View attachment 166700

DOWNLOAD HERE

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/ZlvSn0o/4-4-1-1_SHANECKHAMS_CLEVER_FOOTBALL_(Man_City,_Nov_2015).tac.html

HOPE THIS DETAILED ENOUGH SORRY IF ITS NOT, ALSO HOPE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THAT I THINK IV DONE IT RIGHT AS IV NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE!!

Also i dont use any specific opposituition instructions, no match shouts just let the team play how they are set up. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS FILE DOWNLOADS OK!!!

Last edited:
Iv changed my marking to zonal, as iv found that sitting deep they mark the space better and close down as a team better. I just thought i share this as on my tactic download the marking is not set to zonal. So give this a try if you find you are leaking goals. Also sweeper keeper to try and mop up any through balls that my centre backs dont anticipate.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Im running tests with everton at the moment and will do one with a spanish and italian teams after, i will test average mid table teams i will post screenshot later on today with the results and new link for updated marking system. Im just going on holiday for the season seems a fair way to test the formation.

Last edited:
View attachment 166833 Thats my first test on everton, i think its went pretty good up where they should be, i think with a few clever signings they could easy finish alot higher, also if i was playing every game i think i prob could have got better results.
View attachment 166835 My second one again i feel the tactic as done a job here, again with some clever signing and man magement could easily improve that on the next season.

Im now going to do one in italy and then finish my Fiorentina season which i am playing will post screen shot of end products.

Last edited:
Just started using this beat arsenal first game, then lost to spurs 3-2 then drew to man u 1-1 i am fm-base a created team but those rrsults were great

Just started using this beat arsenal first game, then lost to spurs 3-2 then drew to man u 1-1 i am fm-base a created team but those rrsults were great

Good stuff mate Iv had to make tweaks with different team, getting the defence solid is easy with this tactic with the big teams who have a good defence, but when you have got an average team you may need to keeping tweaking to find the best way for your team. So good luck mate keep me posted on your results.

What pitch size do you use? so glad to find a decent looking 4-4-1-1 well done

That would be a good idea!
g.gif

Last edited:
i've a question: in which way can i remake this tactic for fm 14?