Dicko's 4-2-3-1 Variant Tactic - Versatile Midfield! 90 Goals+!

Dicko1878

Reaction score
Dicko's 4-2-3-1

Hello guys! This is my first tactic ive ever posted on the forums so dont be too harsh =D

Reasons for creating my tactic the way I did

Well it first started when I was using Raikans Perfect 4-3-3 and it inspired me to play a similar type of football to that produced from that tactic. The only problem I had was that like last year and this year, I had and have some quality AMC's (for example Tim Cahill) and wanted to play them in their natural positions just behind the striker where as many 4-3-3 formations dont allow AMCs and rely on 2 center midfielders and a defensive midfielder, so I decided to push up one of the CMs into the attacking midfield position. Also another problem I had was that many of the bog standard 4-2-3-1 formations is that they generally only come with 2 defensive mids or two center mids, and I have Fellaini (who i feel plays better in DM) and Rodwell/Barkley (who i feel plays better in CM) so that is why I chose the to play with a DM, a CM and a AMC.

I have to credit Raikan as this tactic is based on his Perfect 4-3-3 tactic from last year and i have added my own person preferences.

To summarise I felt that my Everton team could have challenged for the title however I had a lot of injuries toward the end of the season which forced me to play players in positions unfamilar to them. Although this tactic did bag me around 2/3 goals a game and I tended not to conceed many goals (Note on the fixtures picture I only started to use my tactic after the 4-3 win over Wolves early in the season) and with a better... well taller defence im sure that the figure of goals will go down dramatically.

Formation

View attachment 205479

Games of Interest

View attachment 205485View attachment 205486View attachment 205487View attachment 205488View attachment 205489

Fixtures
View attachment 205490View attachment 205491

League Table
View attachment 205492

Players Reccomended Attributes

Fullbacks: Tackling, Marking, Crossing, Positioning,Stamina
DCR: Tackling, Marking, Positioning, Heading, Jumping, Strength
DCL: Pace, Acceleration, Tackling, Anticipation, Positioning
DM: Strength, Teamwork, Anticipation, Determination, Tackling, Work rate
MC: Teamwork, Anticipation, Determination, Tackling, Work Rate, Passing, Longshots (this is optional)
AMC: Technique, Passing, Off the ball, Creativity, Flair, Pace
AML: Pace, Crossing, Finishing, Passing, Off the ball, Right footed (however i used Drenthe/Gueye both are left footed)
AMR: Pace, Crossing, Flair, Passing, Dribbling, Technique
ST: Pace, Finishing, Composure, Off the ball (Perfect for Quintero)

My right center back is used for scoring from corners so the taller the better however Jagielka was still just as good!

View attachment 205494

Enjoy! Be glad to see some feedback! ;)

View attachment 205495

the tactic looks worthy :) will try it. But something off topic, what theme is that XD?

very good...i will test it and see how will work in the future:)