A genius required

dazdazdaz

Reaction score
Hi all i recently did a system restore on my computer and when that was completed a box came up saying low disk space on recovery d drive i have tried everything within my knowledge i dont save anything in there for a start i have tried all disk cleanups etc any suggestions guys ?
help is much appreciated
thanks in advavance
btw am on vista

probably because the back up for the stuff before the restore has gone in there

thanks for the help man when i click into recovery d it has a file called recovery is there anyway of increasing my disk space on that drive ?

if you are absolutely sure you do not want to roll back the system restore you can delete that recovery

when i click into the recovery it says do not delete or alter plus i have no backups

what operating system are you using, if your invista or above, you can increase the size of the partition quite easily.

edit: i see your on vista.

Windows 7 and Vista include a built-in functionality in Disk Management to shrink and expand partitions. No more 3rd party utilities needed!

To get to this utility, open up Control Panel, and type in partition into the search box.. you’ll immediately see the link show up:
image04.png

Shrink a Partition
In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Shrink Volume” from the menu.
sshot-2009-08-27-15-50-21.png

In the Shrink dialog, you will want to enter the amount you want to shrink by, not the new size. For example, if you want to shrink your 50gb partition by roughly 10gb so that it will now be roughly 40gb, enter 10000 into the box:
sshot-2009-08-27-15-56-05.png

Extend a Partition
In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu.
image08.png

On this screen, you can specify the amount that you want to increase the partition by.

right when i click on recovery d there is no option to increase volume ?

If you fail to fix this problem I would reccommend this forum as it is very good and should be able to fix the problem