A Guide to Paris Saint-Germain,by mashedPotatoes

Reaction score
View attachment 63683

Hello all,

As a fan of French football,I would like to bring to you this small,useful guide to a club in Ligue 1 that have the ability to become world-beaters.Despite being a 'Big Four' club in France,PSG are a club with potential and exciting new stars coming through the ranks that have the ability to become future world class superstars.Thank-you for reading this guide and I hope that you will go on to win multiple titles with Paris SG :)

Paris Saint-Germain

The Arsenal of Ligue 1

Full name: Paris Saint-Germain Football Club
Founded: 12th August 1970
Nickname(s) : PSG,Paris SG,Les Rouge-et-Bleu,Les Parisiens
Stadium: Parc des Princes
Final Position Last Season: 6th

Key Players:

Mamadou Sakho

View attachment 63701

Claude Makelele

View attachment 63700

Stephane Sessegnon

View attachment 63702

Guillaume Hoarau

View attachment 63699

Mevlut Erdinc

View attachment 63698

The Team:

Coupet

Ceara ---- Traore ---- Sakho ---- Armand

Makelele

Clement --- Chantome

Sessegnon

Hoarau ----- Edrinc

-------------------------

This should be your starting eleven.It's strong with fluidity and pace,with a good central defence in the shape of Sakho.You should be looking to get the ball to Sessegnon and then to Hoarau and Erdinc to get the goals,which should be hard to come by when using the right tactic that fits your team accordingly.

-------------------------

Goalkeepers:

• Gregory Coupet ***
  • ***** Grondin
  • Apoula Edel
Dosen't really need strengthening.Despite Coupet's age,he can still do a decent job in goal for a season or two.Grondin is good enough back-up to the veteran shot-stopper and Edel will be the third choice.

If out of options,look to Alphonse Areola,your U19 goalkeeper.Hang onto him though,he turns class in the future.If not convinced,you will have to sell some players or get a good goalkeeper on a free if you are not convinced that Coupet can do the job.

Defenders:

• Mamadou Sakho ***
  • Sammy Traore
  • Tripy Makondo
  • Zoumana Camara (injured)
  • Ceara
  • Sylvain Armand
  • Christophe Jallet
Your assistant manager will rate your defence quite low,but you shouldn't underestimate it.Sakho and Traore create a formidable partnership at the back,with your fullbacks in Ceara in Armand able to go forward and add width to the wings when needed.

Camara will start off injured and yes,you will have to make-do with Traore,but you have sufficient depth in the squad to cover the injuries and suspensions during your first season.Jallet is just back-up,but it's not recommended that you sell him.He can play both as a RM and RB very effectively and that versatility can be crucial during the season.

Makonda might attract interest from other clubs,but he has the potential to be a good player in the future,so it's recommended that you don't sell him.He can turn out to be just as good as N'Koulou of AS Monaco.

There is a lack of central defenders in the squad though,so getting another one in as back-up would be a wise decision.

Midfielders:

• Claude Makelele
  • Ludovic Giuly
  • Stephane Sessegnon ***
  • Granddi Ngoyi
  • Jeremy Clement
  • Younousse Sankhare
  • Clement Chantome
  • Maxime Partouche
Obviously,Sessegnon will be the star player from this pick of players,but other key players within the centre of the park will be Claude Makelele and Ludovic Giuly.Makelele can get the ball back and Giuly can be the supplier while Sessegnon gets into the box and scores the goals with the frontmen.

Chantome and Clement will be the main central midfielders of the team,playing in-front of Makelele and just supplying the ball forward to Sessegnon,Hoarau and Erdinc.

Sankhare may not be a first-teamer at the start,but again,he is a favoured future superstar and it will be key for him to stay in your squad for the years to come,as he may become the French Fabregas of your PSG team (or at least close to that)

Forwards:

• Guillaume Hoarau (injured) ***
  • Mevlut Erdinc (injured) ***
  • Peguy Luyindula
  • Mateja Kezman (on loan at Zenit St. Petersburg)
  • Jean-Eudes Maurice
Your main forwards will be Hoarau and Erdinc.Their partnership upfront,alongside linking up with the main attraction and goalscorer,Sessegnon,will prove to be an almost unbeatable attacking force.Luyindula can become back-up to whichever striker gets injured and Maurice just being the fourth choice.

With Kezman on loan out to the Russian Premier League club Zenit St. Petersburg,you might want to invest in a new striker.Maurice is not going to be a future star and it would be wise to have a striker that can score more goals than him.

----------------------------

Transfers:

Transfer Budget:

Continental qualification through league finish: £1.7million
Title Challenge: £2.1million
Winner: £2.3million

Possible In's:

• Jorge Andrade,free transfer
  • Igor Duljaj,loan from Shakhtar Donetsk
  • Yannick Djalo,£800k to £1million from Sporting CP
  • Willians,loan from Flamengo
  • Marco Verratti,£725k to £1.2million from Pescara/co-owning club
Possible Out's:

• Jean-Eudes Maurice
  • ***** Grondin
  • Peguy Luyindula

*** Means they are the best of that position

--------------------------

Star Youth Players:

• Alphonse Areola
  • Nicolas Rajsel
  • Mory Diaw
  • Younousse Sankhare
  • Tripy Makonda
---------------------

In the season:

You should be challenging for the top four.Marseille,Lyon,your team and Bordeaux will be the top contenders for the title,alongside some other lurkers.Montpellier cannot be underestimated and FC Toulouse,with the striking power of Andre-Pierre Gignac and the defensive solidity in Moussa Sissoko will be a threat as well.

Recommended Finish: 4th place,qualification for UEFA Champions League

As long as you don't get bombarded with injuries,your season should be quite smooth and easy enough to at least challenge for the title in some ways,but also have the possibility of gaining automatic qualification to the Champions League as well.

----------------------

Tactics:

A 4-1-2-1-2 and a 4-2-2-2 should be your two main tactics.Either one will fit perfectly with the squad.Giuly should be your main playmaker whilst Sessegnon should just bomb forward and Makelele being the anchor man,however,it would be advisable to set him on Defensive Midfielder.I wouldn't advise Sessengnon being playmaker either,as he does not have the vision and creativity possessed by Giuly.You should use a Deep-Lying Playmaker instead or get Giuly to be Advanced Playmaker should Sessegnon be unavailable or you are using a 4-2-2-2.Hoarau should be your target man.

View attachment 63717

Goalkeeper: Goalkeeper,Defend
RB: Wingback,Automatic
LB: Wingback,Automatic
CB: Central Defender,Defend
CB: Central Defender,Defend

DM: Defensive Midfielder,Defend
CM: Central Midfielder,Support
CM: Central Midfieldfer,Support/Deep-Lying Playmaker,Support
AM: Attacking Midfielder,Attack/Advanced Playmaker,Attack

ST: Advanced Forward,Attack,Target Man,Attack
ST: Deep-Lying Forward,Attack/Poacher,Attack

Philosophy: Fluid
Starting Strategy: Control

More Direct
More Expressive
Press More
Default Tackling
Man-Marking
Stick to Position

Slightly Deep Defensive Line
Normal to Slightly Narrow Width
Normal Quick Tempo
Play through the Middle

--------------------------

Thanks for reading,

Au revior ;)

Tactics that may help:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1422

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1534

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/kris-ancelotti-tactic-t26902.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1415

Last edited:
Good guide there mate! I've had a PSG save and in my first season i won the French cup as well as the league. Sankhare was my top assist and Mathias Jorgensen was my Fans' player of the year.

Good guide there mate! I've had a PSG save and in my first season i won the French cup as well as the league. Sankhare was my top assist and Mathias Jorgensen was my Fans' player of the year.

Cheers mate ^^)

Yeah,they're fun to manage and have great stars for the future.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Coming soon are updated tactics for PSG and will be posted on the thread if you are stuck on selecting the right one.

I will give links to other tactics made by other people that fit the team so that you can download them straight from the off.

Thanks again for reading.

great guide mate , im thinking on starting one with them, but the tactic , the 4-1-2-1-2, i dont really like it , are you going to post another? cheers

great guide mate , im thinking on starting one with them, but the tactic , the 4-1-2-1-2, i dont really like it , are you going to post another? cheers

Thanks and post another what? Guide?

I'll just post links to tactics that may help but also upload some sample ones.

i'll for it mate , thanks .and if you could post some screenshots, if not , that's ok :D

Updated with four downloadable tactics.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

i'll for it mate , thanks .and if you could post some screenshots, if not , that's ok :D

Yeah,I'll do that once I've found a good tactic to use with them :)

Tbh Nuno, i used the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic and achieved a couple of cups in the first season. Looking at the current squad, they don't really have any natural wingers except for Giuly i think but i played him as a forward. lol. In addition, you don't receive much transfer budget either. But it's up to one's preferences anyway. Just giving my opinion though (H)

Just to add on, in the middle of the game, you might probably receive extra transfer funds coz it happened to my save.

Cheers!

Tbh Nuno, i used the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic and achieved a couple of cups in the first season. Looking at the current squad, they don't really have any natural wingers except for Giuly i think but i played him as a forward. lol. In addition, you don't receive much transfer budget either. But it's up to one's preferences anyway. Just giving my opinion though (H)

Just to add on, in the middle of the game, you might probably receive extra transfer funds coz it happened to my save.

Cheers!

Yeah,that's true.The small transfer budget at the start hinders your chance to strengthen,but I find that loans and the signing of a few cheap players can do the trick.

Again,no probs ;)

Great guide. It's real fun to play with PSG indeed.

I'm starting my 2nd season now. I've won League Cup and Ligue 1. My signings at the start: Kryvtsov (5M) and Alfred N'Diaye (loan). Hoarau is absolute beast, scored over 30 goals, 27 in Ligue 1. Sessegnon had most assists. Surprisingly, Erding for half of season was only on the bench, as Luyindula scored for fun. At the end of the season Mevlut and Peguy had 14 goals each.

Now I've sold few players on huge wages, and some poor squad players: Jallet, Kezman, Rothen, Maurice, Camara and Partouche. I've bought N'Diaye (2,5M), Ochoa (4,9M), Niculae, Adriano, Riquelme and Cassetti (all of them on a free :D).
I have huge budget now (around 20M) and I'm going to strenghten the defence. I'm going after Kana-Biyik, but he won't be cheap - Monaco turned down my 5M offer, even though they got relegated!

Great guide. It's real fun to play with PSG indeed.

I'm starting my 2nd season now. I've won League Cup and Ligue 1. My signings at the start: Kryvtsov (5M) and Alfred N'Diaye (loan). Hoarau is absolute beast, scored over 30 goals, 27 in Ligue 1. Sessegnon had most assists. Surprisingly, Erding for half of season was only on the bench, as Luyindula scored for fun. At the end of the season Mevlut and Peguy had 14 goals each.

Now I've sold few players on huge wages, and some poor squad players: Jallet, Kezman, Rothen, Maurice, Camara and Partouche. I've bought N'Diaye (2,5M), Ochoa (4,9M), Niculae, Adriano, Riquelme and Cassetti (all of them on a free :D).
I have huge budget now (around 20M) and I'm going to strenghten the defence. I'm going after Kana-Biyik, but he won't be cheap - Monaco turned down my 5M offer, even though they got relegated!

Nice one mate.Sorry for the late reply.

Congratulations on your success with PSG and it looks interesting.

I have been doing my own tactics for a bit now and just released them but I am considering using them in a PSG save. :)

intresting read mashed psg sound like a good team with the right tactic