Andrewpage14

Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson has announced his retirement from Manchester United football club

After nearly 25 years of managing Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson has announced his retirement, upon finally beating Liverpool's record 18 league titles.

"When I first arrived here, I said my aim was to knock Liverpool off their perch," said Sir Alex. "Now that I have finally done that, I fee the time is right to leave."

Immediately following this news, David Gill, Chairman of United, has announced Sir Alex's replacement. It will be the man that Sir Alex had been tutoring, out of sight of media, Andrew Page.

Although this is rather unexpected, Manchester United firmly believes that because of Sir Alex's tutoring, Andrew will be able to follow on from Sir Alex.

Speaking to the press following this announcement, sat alongside David Gill and Sir Alex, Andrew had this to say,

“I am delighted to be entrusted with the job as manager of Manchester United. I have been learning for Sir Alex for years, and I hope to use his teachings in order to further this club.”

“Questions may now be asked,” announced David Gill.

“What can we expect to see from you in the transfer market?”

“It’s unlikely that I will be buying many big name players, I may bring in some youth players, however that is yet to be decided.”

“What would you say is your tactical approach to the game?”

“I prefer attractive football, so I will be encouraging that, however I can adapt otherwise when such situations arise.”

“What areas of the team are you looking to strengthen in the near future?”

“Well for this year I will mostly be looking for youth, however next year I will likely be looking for players in the midfield due to Scholes only wanting to play one more year, and Ryan Giggs ageing.”

“Ok that’s all the questions for now, thank you for coming.”

So with the press conference closed, how true will their words be? How will Manchester United cope without Sir Alex Ferguson? Only time will tell, over the coming season.

Pre-season under the new manager

It's looks like a mixed start to my managerial career at Manchester United.

With no new signings coming in, it's looking increasingly likely that I will be continuing on from where Sir Alex left off with his signings.

The pre-season started with a game against Mlada Boleslav in a 3-1 win, Carrick, Cleverly and Giggs getting on the scoreboard.

Next was Bayern Munich, a tough challenge even in a friendly. I didn't send out the strongest squad I could've, and it showed as we got smashed 5-2, including and Javier Hernandez own goal, while Welbeck got both of ours.

In the following game, we looked like the true Manchester United, smashing Sheffield United 6-0, with Wayne Rooney grabbing a hat-trick, Ferdinand and Cleverly joining in, and promising winger Januzaj adding the sixth in added time.

Next was Antwerp, who we recently cancelled their link with. It ended 3-0, but it was a 10 minute storm, as Hernandez opened the scoring inside 1 minute, Berbatov made it 2 after 4 minutes, and Nani rounded it off just 8 minutes in.

Next was a German return to Old Trafford as Dortmund visited, and went in at half time with a 2-0 lead. However we came back out and with goals from Darren Fletcher and Ryan Giggs, it ended 2-2.

We then visited Mexico, to play America (MEX), in a game that we would win 3-0, goals from Rooney, Valencia and Welbeck. However Evra picked up and injury, luckily only keeping him out for a few days.

The final game of pre-season saw AS Roma come to Manchester, and walk away with a 3-1 win. This left us shell shocked, not what we wanted heading into the Community Shield game against Manchester City.

So a mixed bag of results for us, ending on a low, next up, Manchester City.

Player of the pre-season: Danny Welbeck - With 5 assists and 3 goals in his 6 appearances, Danny was our most consistent player, and could be key this year.

(NOTE: Competitive games will be more in-depth, but I wanted to get through pre-season quickly to start league etc.)

Curtain Raiser Day

Hello and welcome to Sky Sports 1, with LIVE Coverage of the Community Shield match, between two bitter rivals as Manchester United take on Manchester City

"Here in the studio with me is Gary Nevielle"
"Hello Jamie"
"So Gary, who do you see winning this match, considering that United no longer have Sir Alex Ferguson as their manager"
"Well, I think in pre-season, United haven't had a perfect record, whereas City do have a better record, but I think that United will come out on top because of their players experience, despite the managerial inexperience."
"Thats an interesting view, we're just now getting word on the team sheets, so lets take a look."

354228_Manchester_United.jpg

354235_Manchester_City.jpg

"Well Gary, after seeing the line ups, has your view on the winner changed at all?"
"In all honesty no it hasn't, as we know Manchester City can be very attacking, but I think that they're defence is good, but not good enough to with hold Manchester United's attacks, whereas United have Vidic and Ferdinand at the back, and through experience, those are two very tough defenders."
"I see, well it looks like its nearly time for kick off, so after the break, we will give you the live coverage of the big curtain raiser."

*In the Manchester United dressing room*

Me:
Right come on lads, this is a special day for this club. This is the first Community Shield to hold this rivalry since 1956, and we want to prove to Man City that money won't buy you sucess. Not only that but we want to do this for the fans, this is a special day for them, let's make them happy, and beat Manchester City!

*Commentary box*

Smith:
Well here we go, the match is on.

8 mins: Hart sends out a goal kick, Ferdinand wins the header but it falls straight to De Jong, who sends a good ball to Toure, plays a 1-2 with Richards to get past Evra, Shot from the edge of the box, but Aguero is in the way, offside called.

12 mins: David Silva whips in a free kick from the right wing, but Kompany heads well over.

18 mins: Silva sends in a corner from the right, Toure headers it, De Gea with a good parry, Rafael tries to clear it but it hits off Cleverly, another corner. Silva sends it in again, but its miss-hit, over the box and out for a goal kick.

22 mins: Nasri whips in a ball from the left, but Ferdinand headers it away, only as far as De Jong, who gives it to Toure, inside to Aguero, but the shots straight at De Gea.

32 mins: Silva sends a freekick in from far, headered out for a corner by Ferdinand. Milner taking the corner this time, headered away by Carrick.

34 mins: Young intercepts a pass by Richards, United away on the counter, inside for Welbeck, but he sends it well wide, what a chance.

35 mins: Cleverly sends it to Valencia on the right, who cuts inside of Clichy, gives it to Rooney, who takes a shot, but straight at Hart.

38 mins: City work the ball to Clichy on the left, sends it in, Vidic easily clears, but only as far as Milner, SHOT... well wide from Milner.

45 + 1 mins: Silva whips in a corner from the left, but Milner headers over. Half time whistle.

Jamie: Well Gary, what do you make of the performances so far from either side.
Gary: To be honest I'm surprised at how the games gone, despite 50% possession each, City really have dominated so far, 4 shots on target to United's 1. They've also had a Clear Cut Chance which Aguero failed to put past De Gea, who has been looking good so far.

*In the Manchester United dressing room*

Me: Come on lads! They're all over us at the minute, the fans didn't come to London to see this, I want you to go out there, and get the goal to win it for us!

*In the commentary box*

Smith:
Well here we go with the 2nd half.

45 mins: SUBSTITUTION - NIGEL DE JONG OFF, EDIN DZEKO ON

45 mins: Straight out of the block, City with a great chance, and Clichy gives it to Nasri, who gets tackled, fairly, by Rafael, but it falls straight to Aguero who somehow misses the target!

46 mins: PENALTY SHOUT - Welbeck gets the ball on the counter attack, cuts in from the left, only for Richards to trip him on the way in and send the ball out for a corner, United players claiming a penalty, but Phil Dowd says no! YELLOW CARD - Rooney's protests earn him a yellow card.
Young sends in the corner, Hart can't hold it! Doesnt fall right for Rooney though.

48 mins: SUBSTITUTION - TOM CLEVERLY OFF, PAUL SCHOLES ON

50 mins: Aguero played through by Nasri, but he sends it wide again!

54 mins: Great chance! Young nicks the ball off Richards, plays it to Rooney who sends Welbeck through, who cuts in from the left and takes a shot which earns a corner, really should've sent that across the goal with the 4 United players waiting.

55 mins: SUBSTITUTION - DANNY WELBECK OFF, JAVIER HERNANDEZ ON

58 mins: Dzeko recieves the ball in the box, but Vidic knocks it away from him, straight into the path of SILVA, straight at De Gea again.

64 mins: SUBSTITUTION - NEMANJA VIDIC OFF, PHIL JONES ON

66 mins: Silva sends in a corner from the right, Kompany headers well over.

68 mins: Rooney sends in a freekick from 40 yards out, FERDINAND WITH A HEADER! Inches wide!

79 mins: Silva sends in a corner from the left, KOMPANY HEADERS! OFF THE BAR! FALLS FOR DZEKO, GOAL! 1-0 CITY!

81 mins: Nasri inside to Toure, inside to Aguero, turns, through for Silva GOAL ITS 2-0!

SUBSTITUTION - ASHLEY YOUNG OFF, NANI ON

82 mins: SUBSTITUTION - DAVID SILVA & SERGIO AGUERO OFF, DAVID PIZZARO & PABLO ZABALETA ON

90+3 mins: Its all over, Manchester City 2, Manchester United 0.

Jamie: Well Gary, I bet you didn't see that coming, your old team beaten by their rivals.
Gary: No you're right, I didn't expect it at all, I mean United had been defended well for the most part, Dzeko shouldn't of been unmarked like he was on the corner, and same goes for Silva getting through that easily.
Jamie: It was a late flurry from Manchester City that decided it, your Community Shield champions, Manchester City.

Great story mate, really like it. Try adding some pictures buddy. Love the commentary.

Thanks man :) I'm gonna add pictures for the monthly updates, and use the commentary bits for the big games such as cup finals and rival matches etc.

Nice start. But for the commentary, maybe you could highlight the goals, or at least the final scoreline? Other than that it's a good idea.

Ah yeah, thanks I didn't think about that, I'll include them for the next big game :)

Yea I'm doing big updates for Cup Finals. Yea agree with the highlighting the goals. Do Cards, and Injury's too. Just done December's update, feel free to have a look mate. As A Huge United fan this has been put in my favourites!

The Opening Weekend

Newcastle United vs. Manchester United

354526_Newcastle_United.jpg

354522_Manchester_United.jpg

As the teams made their way out, I was confident of starting the season off with a win, although I know that Newcastle are a strong team, I wanted to hit the ground running.

I said to the players before the match that I expected a win, and that I had faith in the midfield to control the game.

17 minutes into the game Ashley Young, on the right, centered the ball to Antonio Valencia, who turned and blasted the ball past Tim Krul. 1-0!

Just minutes later, Ameobi and Cisse played a nice passing game upfront, before Cisse found Tiote who chipped Lindegaard for the equaliser!

Just after the half time whistle, Coloccini committed a vicious foul on Rooney, earning himself a red card, meaning the pressure would be on Newcastle for most of the 2nd half.

When Valencia tried to cut inside again, Davide Santon tackled him well, however the ball was sent through for Rooney to run onto in open space, easily placing the ball past Krul.

When Tiote tripped up Rooney inside the area, a penalty was given, which Nani stepped up to take, and did so, comfortably sending Krul the wrong way to make it 3-1 United.

Cisse then made a horrific mistake, passing the ball back to Williamson, but not well aimed, and he accidently send Danny Welbeck through on goal to easily slot home for a 4-1 win in the 92nd minute.

As the final whistle blew, we had started the season with a big bounce back from the 2-0 loss to City.

We went top after this scoreline, based on goals scored.

Man Of the Match - Danny Welbeck - Welbeck played very well today, with only one shot off target, and a goal, which was fully deserved.

Newcastle United (Tiote) 1 - 4 Manchester United (Valencia, Rooney, Nani (pen), Welbeck)

View attachment 228231

Manchester United vs. Chelsea

354569_Manchester_United.jpg

354571_Chelsea.jpg

The match started in controversy as Manchester United were denied claims for a penalty by Ashley Young after being bought down by Ivanovic.

When Mikel collected the ball from Torres' header, Rooney went in hard from behind, which earned himself and early bath, after 53 minutes, sent off.

Despite this, when Hernandez went off for Welbeck in the 69th minute, it took just 2 minutes before Danny Welbeck was given the ball by Ashley Young, and managed to place it just under Cech to make it 1-0 United!

Then just 3 minutes later, in the 74th minute, Valencia tried to centre the ball, only for Terry to not control the ball well, and it fell for Welbeck who made it 2-0!

In the 82nd minute, Welbeck was nearly through again, but this time he got tripped by Ashley Cole, which the ref gave Cole a yellow card for, but it was his 2nd! Ashley Cole is off, the match ends as a 10 v 10!

Man Of The Match - Ashley Young - Young played brilliantly today, creating many chances, including the opening goal.

Manchester United (Welbeck x2) 2 - 0 Chelsea

View attachment 228233

Everton vs. Manchester United

354574_Everton.jpg

354576_Manchester_United.jpg

Going into this match, I had a good feeling about it, as Everton had played in the league cup on Wednesday, so with only 3 days of proper rest, I hoped to expose their tired legs.

It took 42 minutes, but after a back and forth first half, Valencia got the ball on the left, centered it towards Welbeck who got a shot away, well stopped by Howard but it falls for Berbatov GOAL! 1-0!

In the 47th minute, just after the break, Leighton Baines sent in a corner from the left, which was met by the head of Fellani ITS 1-1!

Both sides failed to make anymore great chances, as the clock went down, and the match ended 1-1

Everton (Fellani) 1 - 1 Manchester United (Berbatov)

View attachment 228259

League table at the end of August:
View attachment 228258

Player Of The Month:
1st - Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) (3 Appearances, 3 goals, 8.40)
2nd - Danny Welbeck (Manchester United) (3 appearances, 3 goals, 8.10)
3rd - Scott Sinclair (Swansea City) (3 appearances, 3 goals, 8.00)

Young Player Of the Month:
1st - Danny Welbeck (Manchester United) (3 appearances, 3 goals, 8.10)
2nd - Daniel Ayala (Norwich City) (3 appearances, 0 goals, 7.27)
3rd - Eugene Konoplyanka (QPR) (3 appearances, 1 goal, 7.20)

Manager Of The Month:
Roberto Mancini (Manchester City) 3 games, 100% win ratio, 300 points
Kenny Daglish (Liverpool) 2 games, 100% win ratio, 300 points
Andrew Page (Manchester United) 3 games, 66% win ratio, 233 points.

Yea I'm doing big updates for Cup Finals. Yea agree with the highlighting the goals. Do Cards, and Injury's too. Just done December's update, feel free to have a look mate. As A Huge United fan this has been put in my favourites!

Thanks for favouriting it :D I'd been trying to decide on who to start a story with, and just though I'd play with United because I support them :)

European Champions League Group Stage

The Champions League has drawn Manchester United in Group H along with CSKA Moscow, LOSC Lille Metropole and APOEL.

Here's what Andrew Page had to say about the draw.

"Overall I'm happy with the draw, as we could easily of gotten a harder group with the teams that are in the tournament, however I think that people will expect it to be a lot easier than it is. Lille are the champions of France, that's a tough league to win, and CSKA are always a tough side to play. APOEL will be expected to be dominated, but I will be wary of them inacse they cause a shock

Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw

Well, Manchester United will have a home tie against Leicester City. The tie of the round see Chelsea visit the Emirates to play Arsenal, while another London derby sees QPR host West Ham.

Next update will be tomorrow night, between 5 and 7 depending on what time I finish college.

Thank you to everyone who is following, feel free to leave a comment about things you like, things you don't like, and suggestions to make it better :)

Went a few days without internet, so here's the update for September

Manchester United vs. Wigan Athletic

View attachment 229529

It was a dominant win for us, but it really should of been more than just 2 goals.
Nani scored an epic as he cut inside of Stam, before blasting it into the top far corner, past Al Habsi, 1-0.

Next it was Rio Ferdinand, as Antonio Valencia whipped in a corner from the right, which Ferdinand met at the front post, to make it 2-0, in a comfortable win.

View attachment 229530

LOSC Lille Metropole vs. Manchester United (Champions League Group H)

View attachment 229531

I knew that this game wasn't going to be easy, but I sure expected a win.

Things started off well for us when Ryan Giggs whipped in a corner, and for the second game in a row, Rio Ferdinand headed in from the front post, just 4 minutes in!

However Florent Balmont equalised in the 24th minute, with a well struck goal. As Vidic headered the ball away to the edge of the area, Balmont struck it beautifully into the bottom corner.

We probably didn't deserve a point after that, as we didn't manage another shot on target, but our defending was brilliant. Scholes only missed the rest of the game, and returned to training the next day.

View attachment 229532

Aston Villa vs. Manchester United

View attachment 229534

Aston Villa have had a bad start to the season, which made me confident of a win despite the disappointment midweek.

We started strong, as Javier Hernandez found his way through the defence, following a great ball by Tom Cleverly, before finishing carefully past Given.

However when Lindegaard could only parry away Darren Bent's strong shot, it fell straight to Agbonlahor, who finished well away from the keeper to square the game.

In the second half, Antonio Valencia went bursting down the right wing, cutting inside of Warnock, before blasting in near post to put us back in the lead, 2-1!

Then in the dying moments of the game, Ji Sung Park played through Javier Hernandez, who again finished well past Given, rounding off the game on a positive at 3-1.

View attachment 229539

Manchester United vs. Leicester City (Carling Cup 3rd Round)

View attachment 229540

I sent out a young side for this game, but with experienced strikers.

They weren't needed however, as Matt James fired in from just outside the box, into the top corner for a top class goal, 1-0!

Then in the second half, Adnan Januzaj skilled his way passed Konchesky, before taking it round Schmeichel, and passing into an empty net to make it 2-0.

I was pleased with the showing of the young players, and considered playing them for the 4th round too.

View attachment 229543

Manchester United vs. Arsenal

View attachment 229544

In a tight game, I returned to my main 11, with Welbeck in for Hernandez.

After some great chances for us, the break through finally came just before half time, as Paul Scholes played a classic pass to find Ashley Young in space, who hit it early, and watched as it curled past Szczesny, into the top corner.

We continued to dominate, and its a wonder that we only won 1-0 in the end, but a wins a win!

View attachment 229545

Manchester United vs. APOEL

View attachment 229546

Despite many dismissing APOEL early on, I wasn't going to take them too lightly.

Things started well for us as Galitsios was sent off for a late tackle on Hernandez, as he was adjudged to be the last man, and earned his side an even tougher task.

5 minutes later, Giggs found Park with a through ball, who cleanly chipped the keeper to make it 1-0.

That was just the beginning however, as after half an hour, Fabio sent in a cross from the left, across the whole box, for Antonio Valencia to volley in hard.

Just before half time, Berbatov flicked a ball through which Hernandez latched onto and finished perfectly, 3-0.

8 minutes after the break, Hernandez sent Valencia through, as he pounced to make it 4-0, and two for him.

Giggs then crossed in just 6 minutes later, to find Valencia again, this time controlling it, before sending it into the far corner for 5-0 and his hattrick.

He wasn't done there though, as he palyed a through ball for Hernandez in the 81st minute, who unselfishly passed across goal, leaving Valencia to finish off his 4th goal and our 6th.

View attachment 229549

We went into October 2 points ahead of Everton, with Chelsea following them a point below. Wigan were early strugglers with just 1 point from 8 games.

October update will be uploaded in the next few hours.

Last edited:
Carling Cup 4th Round Draw

View attachment 229562

Clearly the tie of the round is Arsenal's visit to Liverpool, two very big clubs in an early round.

Holders Birmingham dropped out to Swansea in a 3-1 defeat, as Swansea now play Colchester.

Manchester United play Ipswich, while League 1 Roachdale visit the Cardiff City Stadium.

October

Norwich City vs. Manchester United

View attachment 229564

Early on Ashley Young broke down the left hand side, crossing the ball in for Javier Hernandez who headed home to give us an early lead.

When Rory Delap pulled down Ashley Young inside the area, Paul Scholes had no problem stepping up to power in his first of the season.

View attachment 229567

Manchester United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers

View attachment 229568

I was confident going into the game against Wolves, we were in good form, they were struggling, so I sent out a few young players.

Pogba sent through a great ball for Welbeck to latch onto, which he did so, brilliant finishing past de Vires.

Rafael then tripped over Hunt just inside the area, which Hunt the followed by placing the penalty in the bottom right corner.

Rooney then sent a freekick across the box, which Welbeck met on the volley to make it 2-1.

Carrick then headered a cross back across the box, and Welbeck met with a diving header to make it 3-1.

View attachment 229571

CSKA Moscow vs. Manchester United

View attachment 229572

I knew this was going to be a tough game in Russia, but I felt we could continue our good form.

Things started well when Hernandez got on the end of Rooney's backheel, to make it 1-0 to us.

However it soon went to 1-1 when Oliseh had a shot which was deflected in off Vidic.

After 40 minutes we went back in the lead when Valencia headered in strong from Rooney's chipped shot that was going wide.

Berezutskiy was then sent off for a horrible tackle on Hernandez, who was lucky to escape uninjured. Once he was off the pitch, Rooney crossed in, and Young headered low into the bottom corner to make it 3-1.

Doumbia gave CSKA a glimmer of hope when he scored a placed shot into the corner.

Those hopes were soon ended when straight from kickoff Scholes played a beautiful long ball over the defence, and then Hernandez beat Akinfeev to the ball, rounded the keeper and passed into the empty net for 4-2.

View attachment 229575

Manchester United vs. Manchester City

View attachment 229576

Derby day. Today means so much to the fans and the players. I wanted revenge for the Community Shield defeat.

When Giggs sent in a corner from the left, captain Nemanja Vidic met it from just inside the 6 yard box to score and put us 1-0 in the lead, as Old Trafford exploded.

Nani then cut inside of a reeling Clichy, and blasted in past Joe Hart for 2-0!

Yaya Toure then scored a strong shot from the edge of the area, and City fans thought they'd be turning the game around.

That wasn't going to happen as Giggs sent in another corner from the left, which Ferdinand met with a half volley to increase the lead back to 2 goals, 3-1.

Rooney then found himself through on goal after a great pass by Scholes, and finished accuratly for 4-1.

Next Valencia crossed for Nani to volley in to make it 5-1.

After half time, despite continued dominance, we failed to make it any more, however Scholes got sent off for a late two footed tackle on Yaya Toure, but it remianed 5-1.

View attachment 229581

Manchester United vs. Ipswich Town (Carling Cup 4th Round)

View attachment 229582

I sent out the same side that beat Leicester City, with the exception of Veseli being replaced Jonny Evans.

Early on Michael Owen got on the end of a deflected Matt James shot to place it into the far corner.

Dimitar Berbatov was first to react to a weak pass back by Sonko, which he ran onto and powered into the net.

Lee Bowyer earned himself an early bath just before the break with a vicious tackle on Pogba, with a two footed lunge from behind.

Berbatov then got on the end of a cross from Park to place it in the corner for 3-0.

View attachment 229587

Stoke vs. Manchester United

View attachment 229588

I had been training the team on defending set-pieces due to my knowing of Stokes threat from corners and free kicks.

Despite how strong Stoke are at corners, we actually took the lead, 42 minutes in, as Giggs sent in a cross which Vidic headered in powerfully for 1-0.

Michael Carrick doubled out lead when he made a surging run through the middle, before blasting home to make it 2-0.

However they're corner practiced showed as Jonathon Woodgate got on the end to bring one back for Stoke.

Before we realised, they had equalised, Cameron Jerome with a diving header in the six yard box after a Jonathon Walters cross.

But then with just over 10 minutes to go, Ashley Young cut inside, and shot a curling attempt, which went round and into the top corner for a 3-2 winner!

View attachment 229589

At the end of October we found ourselves lying 1st, after Everton slipped up, seeing Chelsea move into 2nd by a point, but 3 points behind us.

View attachment 229592