Tottenham Hotspur - the pride of London

Jwnz

Reaction score
1193324245___tottenham_hotspur_banner.png

There was a furious group of fans who showed up at White Hart Lane. Chairman Daniel Levy had sacked Harry Redknapp. The renowned manager attended the day, and fans lost faith in achieving any success in the upcoming season. The fans thought they had met up to get information about the much discussed departure of Redknapp, but that was not why they were invited. Levy had called a press conference to introduce the new coach, Jonas. Around the entire room so you could hear the whispering and laughing from both the press and from fans when Jonas arrived. Fans wereshocked, and had little faith in this new and unknown manager. The first Jonas did was present the long-term goals he had for the club. Jonas seemed very ambitious, and had really wanted to bring success to White Hart Lane.

» Long-term goals

- Qualifying for the Europa League
- Winning the Premier League
- Winning the FA Cup
- Win League Cup
- Win Charity Shield
- Winning the Champions League
- Winning the World Cup teams
- Become the richest club in the world.

It was almost as if the whole room would erupt in laughter when Jonas told about their targets. The club, which has never been a particular success for the 1990s, would become the world's best club and win the champions league? Neither the media nor the fans had any faith in this unknown coach, and most of them really wondered how the Chairman could fire such a well-known trainer - and replace him with an unknown coach. Therefore, Jonas had a lot to live up to in the club. However, Jonas was convinced that the club had the potential and the players to achieve great success and the goals he had set.​

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

SEASON EXPECTATIONS

- Premier League: Top 6
- Leagecupen: Quarterfinal
- FA cupen: Quarterfinal

I believe that we're a team who is capable to qualify for playing in Europa next year. Since we're not playing in Europe this season, I feel that we have to perform in the English cups.

TRANSFERS

IN;

Fernando Gago - £4.7M - Real Madrid
Marco Verratti - £500K - Pescara
Stephané Sessegnon - £16.5M - Paris Saint-German
Alphone Aréola - £725K - Paris Saint-German
Mark Beevers - £2.5M - Sheffield Wednesday
Bojan - £9M - Barcelona

Extremely happy with the new signings. I decided to buy Fernando Gago because I felt that the midfield was our weekest point. Sessegnon is a exciting player, and he will also play in the midfield. Aréola is a prospect for the future, same with the well-known wonderkid, Verratti. Beevers is also a prospect for the future, and Bojan - well, what can I say? I've never been so happy about a signing before, and I'm starting to love this kid already.

OUT;

Robbie Keane £12M - Chelsea
Jermaine Jenas £10M - AC Milan
Giovani Dos Santos - £520k - Olympique Lyonnais (Loan)
Danny Rose - £0 - Southend - Loan

Chelsea was really into Robbie Keane, so I let him go - since I really didn't have any use for him. Jermaine Jenas didn't fit the "terms" of my tactic, so I let him go. I can't deny that getting £10M for him is a great deal. Giovani Dos Santos out on loan, loaning him out so he can improve and get the chance to play first team football. Danny Rose, also to improve and get experience.

THE SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS

Gomes
Carlo Cudicini
Arèola

I feel that we have a world class goalkeeper in Gomes, and really good backup in Cudicini and Arèola.

DEFENCE

Jonathan Woodgate
Vedran Carluka
Sebastian Bassong
Michael Dawson
Ledley King
Alan Hutton
Benout Assou Ekotto
Gareth Bale
Mark Beevers

I feel that we have a good defence, with two rocksolid defenders in Woodgate and King. Our rightback position will Corluka have, and on our left back, Bale will have the responsibillity. I also feel that we have good backup in Bassong, Dawson and Beevers for Woodgate & King. Ekotto and Hutton will backup Bale & Corluka.

MIDFIELDERS

Fernando Gago
Tom Huddlestone
Wilson Palacios
David Bentley
Aaron Lennon
Luka Modric
Niko Kranjcar

Really happy with our Midfield. Got two great wings in Bentley and Modric, and really good backup in Lennon and Kranjcar. We do have a great central duo in Gago and Palacio with Huddlestone and Sessegon as backups.

ATTACK

Bojan
Peter Crouch
Jermain Defoe
Roman Pavlyuchenko

As forwards, I'll use Pavlyuchenko and Bojan with really good backup in Crouch and Defoe.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

SEASON EXPECTATIONS

- Premier League: Top 6
- Leagecupen: Quarterfinal
- FA cupen: Quarterfinal

I believe that we're a team who is capable to qualify for playing in Europa next year. Since we're not playing in Europe this season, I feel that we have to perform in the English cups.

TRANSFERS

IN;

Fernando Gago - £4.7M - Real Madrid
Marco Verratti - £500K - Pescara
Stephané Sessegnon - £16.5M - Paris Saint-German
Alphone Aréola - £725K - Paris Saint-German
Mark Beevers - £2.5M - Sheffield Wednesday
Bojan - £9M - Barcelona

Extremely happy with the new signings. I decided to buy Fernando Gago because I felt that the midfield was our weekest point. Sessegnon is a exciting player, and he will also play in the midfield. Aréola is a prospect for the future, same with the well-known wonderkid, Verratti. Beevers is also a prospect for the future, and Bojan - well, what can I say? I've never been so happy about a signing before, and I'm starting to love this kid already.

OUT;

Robbie Keane £12M - Chelsea
Jermaine Jenas £10M - AC Milan
Giovani Dos Santos - £520k - Olympique Lyonnais (Loan)
Danny Rose - £0 - Southend - Loan

Chelsea was really into Robbie Keane, so I let him go - since I really didn't have any use for him. Jermaine Jenas didn't fit the "terms" of my tactic, so I let him go. I can't deny that getting £10M for him is a great deal. Giovani Dos Santos out on loan, loaning him out so he can improve and get the chance to play first team football. Danny Rose, also to improve and get experience.

THE SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS

Gomes
Carlo Cudicini
Arèola

I feel that we have a world class goalkeeper in Gomes, and really good backup in Cudicini and Arèola.

DEFENCE

Jonathan Woodgate
Vedran Carluka
Sebastian Bassong
Michael Dawson
Ledley King
Alan Hutton
Benout Assou Ekotto
Gareth Bale
Mark Beevers

I feel that we have a good defence, with two rocksolid defenders in Woodgate and King. Our rightback position will Corluka have, and on our left back, Bale will have the responsibillity. I also feel that we have good backup in Bassong, Dawson and Beevers for Woodgate & King. Ekotto and Hutton will backup Bale & Corluka.

MIDFIELDERS

Fernando Gago
Tom Huddlestone
Wilson Palacios
David Bentley
Aaron Lennon
Luka Modric
Niko Kranjcar

Really happy with our Midfield. Got two great wings in Bentley and Modric, and really good backup in Lennon and Kranjcar. We do have a great central duo in Gago and Palacio with Huddlestone and Sessegon as backups.

ATTACK

Bojan
Peter Crouch
Jermain Defoe
Roman Pavlyuchenko

As forwards, I'll use Pavlyuchenko and Bojan with really good backup in Crouch and Defoe.

Last edited:
Take care of dos Santos and he'll be worth £40m in a couple of seasons, quality player that boy.

I like your transfers very solid team that will only get better, but personally I think Beevers makes too many mistakes, although he will get you a tidy profit later!

Good luck :)