A Race to European Supremacy - A Joint Story

Joshhh

Reaction score
View attachment 222011

Sir Alex steps down after Magical 25 years

View attachment 222012

Sir Alex Ferguson has today announced his retirement from football after a magical 25 year spell at Manchester United. In his tenure, he has claimed 37 major honours including 19 Premier League titles, surpassing the once great Liverpool.

The reason for Ferguson stepping down so suddenly is thought to be because of his wife's critical state. In his first press conference since leaving the club, Ferguson went on to say "I'd like to thank David Gill for all the time he has invested in me, the support he has given me and the guidance to make me the man I am today. I'd like to thank my boy Carlos Quieroz who unfortunately left for Portugal, as he made the job a whole lot easier and bearable." In what was a controversial hearing, Ferguson critisiced the Glazer's running of the club and claimed that was something he couldn't wait to get away from. Ferguson reserved special praise for his "Three Muskateers" - David Beckham, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, claiming these were the most influential players on the planet to this day.

David Gill has refused to comment on the next managerial appointment, but has however claimed he wants a young talented manager who can fulfill Sir Alex's well built traditions. Never the less, bookmakers have made The Special One Jose Mourinho early frontrunner for the job, with Man Utd legends Roy Keane and Steve Bruce also in the mix.

sky_uk_sports.png

Mourinho steps down expecting United job

José Mourinho has left Real Madrid, just after the retirement of Manchester United legend, Sir Alex Ferguson. ‘The special one’ is predicted to take the Red Devils seat, as chairmen David Gill has asked Mourinho of his thoughts of Manchester United.

Jose-Mourinho-006.jpg

It is not known yet what he has said to David Gill, but Sky Sports Football reporter, Chris Kamara has asked his about the Premier League and Manchester United.

Mourinho stated, “Ever since my stint at Chelsea, I was always hoping to come back to the English Premier League, its world class, it’s beautiful, and quality of football, that is desired by millions.”

When asked about Manchester United, and his unexpected leave at Real Madrid, he said, “I feel my time at Real Madrid has beneficently ended, as I feel I cannot take the club any further. I felt the players were getting sick and tired of my ways and dislike my ways of management. I had to leave.”

“And Manchester United?”

“Manchester United was the greatest team in the world, and I think they’ve got the potential to get back there. They have world class players. It would be an absolute honour to manage them.”

José Mourinho has only spent one year at the Santiago Bernabéu, he lifted the 2011 Copa del Rey, and finished 2nd in the league.

Last edited: