A Story Is Not Just Showing Us Screenshots Of Your Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This section is terrible. I wish I never gave in to the peer pressure and created it. 99% of the 'stories' in here are just of someone taking a screen shot of every match they play and showing us some signings...BORING.

Nobody is interested in threads like that. You need to come up with a legitimate angle to make it interesting. Even something quirky such as creating fake news articles...

introductionbbcarticle.jpg

Please do not just create a story because you want to show off your team or show off how well you have done. Nobody cares about stories like that.

Nice, now everyone will do the fake article thing :p

I hope my story does not fall under that 99% lol. But really I would love to do that article stuff but would not have a clue how to do it! If you could give me some pointers I would love to include it as I am confident with my writing technique!

TTLY would have been the best story ever. I even edited the dates on the right hand side.

Photoshop does it. Could even probably make an attempt at it in paint.

Simple Print screen an article already on the BBC football/any website and edit it using the erase/text tools.

I use photoshop.

There are versions of Photoshop based solely online...they might work...google online photoshop.

Please Note: Sean is not suggesting everyone creates 'News Articles' but rather do something different or interesting that will keep us interested. Screenshots are fine in moderation.

Please do not create a story thread unless you are 100% committed to it.

Please Note: Sean is not suggesting everyone creates 'News Articles' but rather do something different or interesting that will keep us interested. Screenshots are fine in moderation.

Please do not create a story thread unless you are 100% committed to it.

Yeah I don't want everyone to do that either. Then that would become boring and tedious too. Each story should be unique and interesting in their own way.

To be honest, I think most of them are pretty poor and the only stories ive felt like reading were the one that TheBetterHalf (I think) did last year and the one where someone created a player and simmed through seasons to see how he turned out (Think it was Kris, not 100% sure)

Can you get photoshop for free?

This section is terrible. I wish I never gave in to the peer pressure and created it. 99% of the 'stories' in here are just of someone taking a screen shot of every match they play and showing us some signings...BORING.

Yeah there are so many stories which start and never finish *cough Louis cough*

Nothing like the SI Forum stories

I want to make my story more interesting but am not very imaginative lol! I have done 2 and a half seasons now and would like to know how to improve it really!

I only tend to read stories that stand out. Nursemorph did a good one last year.
Now I find too many people doing the same clubs and is repetitive.

Yh I aint gonna change club now lol! But I really want to improve it as I havent many comments :p

I think Frankie does a lot of this stuff, like breaking news and using different sports sources. I do try to make my stories as interesting as possible but actually never thought of this (A) Good thread this, may come in handy for the newbies too.

Well, everyone.

Im trying to play around with pixlr.com but am finding it extremely difficult

well it would be a lot easier to improve your stories if ppl gave feedback:D

ok ill try a different approach, the problem is sean alot of people like myself just cannot afford photoshop, but ill do my best, i have a few ideas

As explained above, it doesn't have to be done using Photoshop. Anything to make the story more interesting...use your imaginations!

To be honest, I think most of them are pretty poor and the only stories ive felt like reading were the one that TheBetterHalf (I think) did last year and the one where someone created a player and simmed through seasons to see how he turned out (Think it was Kris, not 100% sure)

Yeah Sieb Rasko :)

Also, Going a team from the Russian 4th Division does not mean your idea is original.

be creative and humorous with your writing skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.