A Winter's Story - The Rise of Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winters

Reaction score
mjmzhy.png

Breaking News

It has been announced that Barnsley have sacked Mark Robins from his position as manager due to fall out with the board. Only a couple of days after Robin's departure, Barnsley have appointed rookie and local Martyn Brown as manager. Martyn has been appointed on a 2-year contract worth £1,900 a week. Martyn's views on his appointment at Barnsley..."I am delighted to be given this oppertunity to manage the club I have loved and supported since I was a lad. I hope to bring success back to Oakwell since we were in the Premier League over 10 years ago.

Also since Martyn has been appointed Barnsley have had a change of kit and sponsor as of Martyn's request when he joined the club.

nv6trq.png
2rondld.png

Transfer Budget and Transfers
Martyn was given £120,000 to spend on players and £64,000 p/w for player wages.

Transfers can be seen as an attatchment below.

Pre-Season
Had a mixed pre-season against some tough opposition which I arranged. Winning 3 and losing 4 (which were top division teams) but some close matches among them.

Season Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Last edited:
nice signings and nice new kits mate good luck i will follow

August Update

August Update

A very good month for Barnsley only losing once through out. Also having unbeaten run in the league.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 2 (Hume, Doyle)
Barnsley make the perfect start to the season with a 2-1 win over local rivals Sheffield Wednesday. Barnsley was 2 nil up at halftime by Hume and Doyle but the last 10 minutes were cagey for Barnsley as Sheff Wed pulled a goal back.

Barnsley (Hallfreosson x2, Doyle) 3 - 0 Darlington - Carling Cup
Barnsley run out comfortable winners against Darlington in the Carling Cup with Hallfreosson and Doyle getting the goals.

Barnsley (Doyle, Kakuta) 2 - 1 Coventry
Barnsley keep their winning streak intact with a 2-1 win at home against Coventry but at the end it was a little nervy with Coventry got a late goal to put nerves to the fans.

Barnsley (Macken, Hume x2) 3 - 2 Preston
A superb win against Preston. 2 up at halftime then the third just after the restart but Preston with 2 late goals to pput pressure on but Barnsley held off the onslaught.

Leicester 2 - 2 (Hume, Doyle) Barnsley
Barnsley let in a late equalizer to give Leicester a point in a close contest. Hume and Doyle with the goals for Barnsley.

Barnsley (Bogdanovic) 1 - 2 Birmingham - Carling Cup
Barnsley suffer first defeat of the season to the hands of Birmingham in the Carling Cup. A close match which ended in stoppage time with Birmingham getting a goal off the hand of Borriello.

Barnsley (Anderson Silva, Hallfreosson) 2 - 0 Reading
Barnsley back to winning ways and keeping a unbeaten season in the league intact with a easy win at home against Reading.

--------------------------------------

Transfer News
Iian Hume has left Barnsley to Southampton for £1.1m and Anthony Wordsworth has joined from Colchester United for £750,000.

Player of the month
Nathan Doyle has been given the player of the month for August. Scoring three goals and making 3 assists with 2 man of the match awards.

Good luck dude, hope you lead them to the glory they deserve

Yeah i was going to start a barnsly story good luck il be following because you followed mine :)

Wow, this will be a good challenge, I will be following, good luck with it.

Thanks all.
Frutty this will be indeed a CHALLENGE with the limited funds but with the sale of players and interest from others will improve the side. I do hope to push for promotion but would be happy avoiding relegation and finishing mid table. :D

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

What does people think of the kits I made for Barnsley..?

Special Announcement

Nathan Doyle has won the player of the month award in the Championship and I have won the Manager of the month for August.

good luck mate!!!! going well so far!!

the kits are really nice

my pal is a barnsley lad, he is a season ticket holder at oakwell - tho he calls it 'the theatre of screams'
they are my second team!!!

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

in england!!! deportivo just pip em'!!lol

He is right to call it the theatre of screams xD. Havent been able to go to a Barnsley match for 2 years due to work commitment. :(

ive been to 4 villa matches this year for the same reason, tho i will be gettin season ticket next year, you gonna update every month of your game??

Yea. Might get to do September tonight. Just about to vs. Watford away.

September Update

September Update

Good month for Barnsley. Still unbeaten in the league.

Watford 0 - 2 (Bogdanovic, Kakuta) Barnsley
Barnsley keep their unbeaten league season intact with a easy win over Watford with Bogdanovic and Kakuta with the goals.

Derby 0 - 0 Barnsley
Bore draw in this league match with no team making any real chances.

Barnsley (Hallfreosson) 1 - 1 Swansea
Hallfreosson with the goal for Barnsley in a 1-1 draw with Swansea.

QPR 2 - 2 (Bogdanovic, Kakuta) Barnsley
Barnsley still unbeaten in the league and another draw this time with QPR. Each team took the lead and each time was pegged back.

Barnsley (Hallfreosson, Macken) 2 - 1 West Brom
Barnsley win again at home with a 2-1 win against Barnsley. Hallfreosson and Macken with the goals.

--------------------------------------

Player of the month
Gael Kakuta gets the player of the month for September for scoring twice and making 4 assists throughout September.

Manager Update
Reading and Portsmouth have sacked their respective managers and I have been asked to take charge and have declined each of them as I am happy here at Barnsley. I have the squad set out as I like it and it all is going very well. I am 21 points off the relegation zone already and pushing for promotion.

Good luck, have a luck at mine for good players to loan in

Cheers. Can anyone help me find a defender and 1 center midfielder I can sign on loan for 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.