AC Milan - Making the team younger and bring them back at to the top of Europe

Benniewijs

Reaction score
Tonight I wanna start a game with AC Milan to give it a try to make the team a lot younger
and still stay at the top of Italy and bring them back to the top of Europe.

Gonna play with 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation or 4 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 1 both with inside wingers.

Think my base team will be:

GK Not sure yet
RV Not sure yet
CV Nesta
CV Thiago Silva
LV Taiwo

VM / CM Van Bommel
CM Seedorf
CM / AM Kevin-Prince Boateng

LVA Robinho
RVA Pato

ST Ibrahimovic

As you see there are a lot of older players in this line-up and
I don't want to force to leave directly, but I want to fresh
things up in a few years and use the older player to train
wonderkids.

Anyone has some suggestions to buy players that are:
- direct improvements for the scout
- future stars that are base players in a few years

If there is a thread that is with the same subject please tell me
and I will read that one first.

Kadlec or Erick Torres as Striker potential?
M. ter Stegen as GK.
Basically look at Raikans wonderkid shortlist and you will have no probs getting talented youngsters

I have done exactly what your talking about, although with differnt tactics. I won the league and domestic cup (lost to Man Utd in champ league on away goals :( )

I played:

Abbiati
Abate(WB Support)-Silva (DC Cover)-Nesta- (DC Stopper) Taiwo (WB Attack)

Van Bommel (DM Defend)

Gattuso (ball winning defend) KPB (box to box) Ambrosini (Ball winning support)

Pato - (Poacher) Ibrahimovic (Trequarista) Robinho (poacher)

Looks like I have no creativity but it worked really well!

I would wait until second season and let most of the older ones with ending contracts go but I would keep - Gattuso, Ambrosini, Nesta. The rest can leave to free budgets but the ones suggested can still do a good job for you!

Here are some ideas of who to buy:

Kwando Assamoah - Udinese - could replace Gattuso. Will run all day

Moussa Sissoko - Marseille (sp) great all round midfield player and one of my must haves on the game.

Sanogo - yound striker- Free after six months - Sign him! Good back up to have, scored 9 in 12 with 3 assists for me.

Kyriakos Papadopolous (sp) - DC- I got him for around 12 mil start iof second season.

Javi Martinez - can cover well with anything in centre mid.

Felliani from Everton is a great anchor man that could replace Van Bommel. Heard some people can get him for 7.5 mil buy out clause after he signs a new contract

I have done exactly what your talking about, although with differnt tactics. I won the league and domestic cup (lost to Man Utd in champ league on away goals :( )

I played:

Abbiati

Van Bommel (DM Defend)

I would wait until second season and let most of the older ones with ending contracts go but I would keep - Gattuso, Ambrosini, Nesta. The rest can leave to free budgets but the ones suggested can still do a good job for you!

Moussa Sissoko - Marseille (sp) great all round midfield player and one of my must haves on the game.

Sanogo - yound striker- Free after six months - Sign him! Good back up to have, scored 9 in 12 with 3 assists for me.

Kyriakos Papadopolous (sp) - DC- I got him for around 12 mil start iof second season.

Felliani from Everton is a great anchor man that could replace Van Bommel. Heard some people can get him for 7.5 mil buy out clause after he signs a new contract

Thank you for your advice. Will try this one.

Kadlec or Erick Torres as Striker potential?
M. ter Stegen as GK.
Basically look at Raikans wonderkid shortlist and you will have no probs getting talented youngsters

Ter Stegen I was thinking about. And using the wonderkid shortlist is a good idea.
Can't wait till I can try this out.

I played:

Abbiati

Van Bommel (DM Defend)

One question about Trequarista. I don't know the term in Dutch and don't know exacty what it is.

Is Ibrahimovic a typical Trequarista? And are there other popular ones so I know what I should think about what Trequarista are?

Anyone can explain?

Or is it playing as a number 10 (Suport striker) Like Eriksen, Sneijder, Messi, Bergkamp, Raul, Litmanen.
Creative players with a free role that can score a lot of goals also.

Last edited:
I won treble in my first season using Raikan's 4-1-3-2 tactic. Check there if you want to see screenshots.

Good buys I'd recommend:
GK: First season Abbiati does well enough. Second season I'd recommend getting better and younger GK and selling Amelia. I got Mandanda from Marseille.
RB: Vrsaljko ( non eu signing but still amazing ) , Lorenzo de Silvestri ( italian ) , Corchia.
LB: Criscito ( Next best thing to a new Maldini )
CB: Astori & Vertonghen to replace Bonera, Yepes and Mexes ( Mexes is on too high wages)
DM: Capoue, Sandro, Fellaini or M'vila. Any one of these will handle it well. Also consider getting Fernando from Porto as backup once he get's portugese passport and is considered eu player.
CM: Bertolacci from Roma is a must buy ( Can be signed on free in january ). Other from I'd recommend getting Badelj from Dinamo. ( non eu signing )
ST: I signed Leandro Damiao for 20m and he's got 32 goals in 16 games so far and he's keeping Pato out of squad.

There's also a thread about italian wonderkids so you should look there for who to buy.

One question about Trequarista. I don't know the term in Dutch and don't know exacty what it is.

Is Ibrahimovic a typical Trequarista? And are there other popular ones so I know what I should think about what Trequarista are?

Anyone can explain?

Or is it playing as a number 10 (Suport striker) Like Eriksen, Sneijder, Messi, Bergkamp, Raul, Litmanen.

The perfect example of a Trequarista is Francesco Totti.

I won treble in my first season using Raikan's 4-1-3-2 tactic. Check there if you want to see screenshots.

Good buys I'd recommend:
GK: First season Abbiati does well enough. Second season I'd recommend getting better and younger GK and selling Amelia. I got Mandanda from Marseille.
RB: Vrsaljko ( non eu signing but still amazing ) , Lorenzo de Silvestri ( italian ) , Corchia.
LB: Criscito ( Next best thing to a new Maldini )
CB: Astori & Vertonghen to replace Bonera, Yepes and Mexes ( Mexes is on too high wages)
DM: Capoue, Sandro, Fellaini or M'vila. Any one of these will handle it well. Also consider getting Fernando from Porto as backup once he get's portugese passport and is considered eu player.
CM: Bertolacci from Roma is a must buy ( Can be signed on free in january ). Other from I'd recommend getting Badelj from Dinamo. ( non eu signing )
ST: I signed Leandro Damiao for 20m and he's got 32 goals in 16 games so far and he's keeping Pato out of squad.

There's also a thread about italian wonderkids so you should look there for who to buy.

Thanks for the advice.

Anyone can explain?

Trequartista is an Italian word meaning 'three quarters', the trequartista is traditionally a talented centre-forward or attacking midfielder who is given free reign to work his magic (think Zinedine Zidane, Roberto Baggio, Francesco Tottie, Angelo Di Natale). In regards to FM, if you give a player this role, it’s vital that they have a highoff the ball rating as they will look to drift off opposition players and generate enough space to thread the perfect through ball that will split the opposition defence. Other key attributes for a trequartista are passing, finishing, composure, technique, flair, creativity, first touch, anticipation and agility.

Trequarista betekent in het Nl gewoon Targetman ;)

GK:Renan and RB: Sime Vrsaljko?????

Definitely agree with Vrsaljko. You can get him for about £6m, too.

You might also be able to get the following on the cheap (I did, although not necessarily within the first season):

Vladamir Weiss (RW)
Asamoah (DM)
Ospina (GK)
Tevez (could be a good option for someone like Milan)

Also Milan Badelj the Next Boban is good buy for Milan.

Definitely agree with Vrsaljko. You can get him for about £6m, too.

You might also be able to get the following on the cheap (I did, although not necessarily within the first season):

Vladamir Weiss (RW)
Asamoah (DM)
Ospina (GK)
Tevez (could be a good option for someone like Milan)

Did buy Vrsaljko yesterday and Romario (Right Defender too)

I have sold Seedorf, Yepes, Inzaghi, Gattusso, Fiori and van Bommel
and brought in
Verratti and Astori

and I have managed to shave off 246 years from the total teams age. im sure it would bring the average age down a lot.