TheCaptain

Reaction score
in FM 08, being a liverpool supporter, I set about taking their small affiliate club Accrington to champions league glory.

i set a 10 year plan to reach the prem in action, a bit ambitious but i took hereford to 2nd in prem in 11 years in a previous game, so i though with the liverpool connection and the subsequent loans i could easily attain it was dooable.

back to back promotions to the championship, in 2 seasons, 3 years struggling against relegation, then a suprise play off place the next year losing out on penalties in the final to preston, another year pushing, then finally 2nd place and promotion.

then my beloved liverpool offer me a job and i cant resist.... so bang went that plan.

this year however i plan to see the journey through.

i would love some advice... my expectd finish is 18, and im sitting 9th in the league at jan.

im hoping for the new season i should have at least 90k to spend, having cut my squad basically to enough players to field a squad, some subs, and a few 16yr olds to cover incase of injury.

well, halfway through my 3rd season.

a chock playoff promotion in my first season, coupled with the fact i did it with a squad of only 19 players making a season profit of 200k, i thought surely some money would be sent my way to help me stay in the league.

no, i acutally received a smaller transfer kitty than when i started in league 2. but i thought persevere, id offered a few contracts to some good younsters from the prem, and i thought if i get half of them i'll have a good chance of pushing for mid table.

the season kicked off and i set about avoiding relegation. a string of good results made up for the fact i went out in the first round of every cup, and i eventually finished in 13th. very respectable considering id only spent 9k in my 2 year career.

now i thought "surely they'll give me something to stengthen". how wrong was i?
28k, so back to the out of contracts and loan players. now at jan im sitting 18th in league 1, and think i should avoid relegation, but already becoming very dissillusioned with life at stanley.

i think me and the chairmen may be falling out, and this challenge going out the window haha

Nice job getting promoted! Stupid LL boards............grr! They give you no money!
I'm currently with Notts County!

they even released a statement saying because of my dissapointing league performance (im 10 points above the drop zone) theyre looking at other candidates when my contract runs out.

cheeky *******, so im accepting an offer from sheff wed lol

well, after deciding my chaiman is a bit of a tight b*st*rd ive accepted an offer from a struggling sheff wed.

19th in the championship at jan, havent won in 9, my best goalkeeper is worth 20k, and i only have 100k to spend. one impossible job to another.

but i will persevere and post updates when the seasons over

well having taken the job offer from sheff wed, and losing my first 3 matches on the trot i was starting to worry a touch.

obviously this game must take time for teams to adapt to new tactics (i nice touch if thats true), as by the time game 4 came about my sheff wed side seemed to be an attacking machine winning 5-1, and probably should have had more goals.

i didnt have a lot of money, and my swquad seemed to be starting to gel as the jan transfer window closed so i decided not to buy in the closing stages of the window. a decision which was rewarded with a 12th place finish, which i found quite respectable.

then time for my 4th season in management. again not really a great deal of money (180k), so i decided to head to the bargain bin and youth players. i set about signing a couple of experienced players thinking if i get a few performances out of them and a season i'll be happy. so i brought in right winger in Varela, 32, and a now aging Abrue (spelling), 33.

on top of that i set about scouring the globe sending my scouts around eastern europe and scandanavia hoping to pick up plenty youths who may develop into quality by the time i eventually reach the prem. unfortunately all i found had interest from bigger clubs and i only managed to sign a 16 year old danish left back, and a 16 year old left winger come striker.

my dissapointment soon gave way to joy as i played both in the league cup 1st round and both put in sterling performances, and have only got better and better, with my winger come striker scoring 5 in 9. this is tempting me to move him upfront and see how he fares as his preferred position is upfront, but would i be better leaving him where he is while hes scoring? any advice on that would be appreciated

if youre gonna cheat then why bother going through the lower leagues?