Advice seeked

Blicky

Reaction score
Hi, I am playing with a non league team and started in the Blue Square Premier (Conference). I have managed to get them to the Championship League in 5 Seasons I have since had 2 seasons getting hammered and fighting against relegation. Ican't get anywhere near the money the other team have and players off contract who are good enugh, still aren't interested.
Any ideas which may help?
I curently use a 4-1-3-2 tactic on defence with time wasting set to 14 and med low tempo with short passing.
I have tried aggressive 4-3-3 tactics and I just get hammered more.

Cheers

Or 4-5-1/4-1-4-1 to try and stop better teams.

Which team are you btw?

*Advice sought :p

I've found that in lower league using a sweeper helps.

So use a normal back 4....LB DC DC RB (but put large forward arrows on the full backs to give you some width) and use a SW in behind the 2 CB's.

for midfield try using 2 MC's and an AMC.

Up front use 2 SC's with arrows taking them to the left and right to make space for the AMC. Formations like that tend to work well on Lower leagues for me.

Thanks

Thanks guys.
I am the Mighty Salisbury City by the way.
I did ok until I hit the Championship League.
Walked through Conference and Div 2, Spent 2 seasons in Div 1, fought against relegation, just, in 1st seson in championship and struggling this season.

Ahhh Championship (League), I thought you said Champions League! Still, thats very good goin

Pith Width

What is the common pitch width used and passing style with a defensive formation?

In a defensive formation depends how good your defenders are....if they are good at heading can have wider pitch as crosses shouldnt cause so much trouble...if not play a narrower pitch

Thanks Sean

I've found that in lower league using a sweeper helps.

So use a normal back 4....LB DC DC RB (but put large forward arrows on the full backs to give you some width) and use a SW in behind the 2 CB's.

for midfield try using 2 MC's and an AMC.

Up front use 2 SC's with arrows taking them to the left and right to make space for the AMC. Formations like that tend to work well on Lower leagues for me.

Cheers, they have made a difference already.
I am not lighting up the world but not fighting against relegation either.
Just steady in the middle.

my advice is look at your squad and your players strenghts and play to them eg if you have to tall and heavy strikers like Luca Toni and Jan Koller then dont have them running on to the ball or if your midfield has no pace or technical ability dont have them playing balls down the wing etc

spoke too soon

Cheers, they have made a difference already.
I am not lighting up the world but not fighting against relegation either.
Just steady in the middle.

I spoke too soon.
I hit a poor run and find myself half way through season fighting again.
Problem I have is, my players are worth 20-50k with oly 2 over 100k when I am playing against teams with players 700k - 1mil.
I have little money :(
How do you build up a teams funds? better to stay in lower league for a few seasons?

just make sure your not going over budgets and dont buy for the sake of buying make sure the players you sign are better than what you have and not the same level

Stadium Upgrades

Also, my stadium only hold 3.5k which gets me little revenue in the Coca Cola Championship Division.
How can I get my owners to accept and upgrade?
Is there anything I can do to help the decision?
Is there every likely to be a takeover for me to get more funds?

Getting some decent players on loan would be useful....try getting a parent club in the premiership.

takeover chances are incredibly slim..
You can request increasing capacity in board room....

Getting some decent players on loan would be useful....try getting a parent club in the premiership.

takeover chances are incredibly slim..
You can request increasing capacity in board room....

Yeah, I have a parent club "Liverpool" and a few players on loan

Thanks

Play friendlies, as many as possible and every player you sell must be with a friendly. Play friendlies in leagues for more revenue. Leagues is an option in friendlies. Try and look at INt's from little known countries without a club.

Hi, I am playing with a non league team and started in the Blue Square Premier (Conference). I have managed to get them to the Championship League in 5 Seasons I have since had 2 seasons getting hammered and fighting against relegation. Ican't get anywhere near the money the other team have and players off contract who are good enugh, still aren't interested.
Any ideas which may help?
I curently use a 4-1-3-2 tactic on defence with time wasting set to 14 and med low tempo with short passing.
I have tried aggressive 4-3-3 tactics and I just get hammered more.

Cheers

i have a tactic which seems to work well in any league but cant figure out how to upload. if anyone can help i'll upload it

also, as said by somebody else, friendlies with bigger clubs, and try to expand the stadium at the end of every season