phallus

Reaction score
Hey mates, how goes it?

Decided to give LLM a whirl for FM11. Loved doing it for FM10.

Trying to follow the LLM guidelines.

I have the following Leagues setup:
England (all)
France (all)
Germany (all)
Italy (all)
Holland (all)

Started with AFC Telford because a.) they have a big stadium, ergo more $$ b.) they have an academy (although I've yet to see how vital this will play just yet since the coaches said my youth team is ****).

Loaded up my preseason with matches from all the premier teams reserves except man city. All matches will be played home. Each reserve game will pay $65k so I will make a little more than a million (18 x 65k) by end of preseason to help with the war chest. Of course with games nearly every day my players will hate me. I'm sure they will forgive me by season's end :)
I would post a screenie but for some reason it won't let me. I've had probs before doing screen shots so that could be it (I may need to do the annual rape and reinstall for windows).

During the season I will play friendlies with the premier league reserve teams to bolster my finances. Using Dunc's part time schedules along with Zero Sea's youth schedules and a variation of his tactics (don't know if this is legal for LLM rules, if not let me know and I will restart the game with my own schedules which I will post).

Trying to find a decent scout and assman so I'll let you guys know how it goes after every month or so.
*** edit ***
Fired my assman and got some chap named Chris Brindley and two scounts, Kieran Scarff and Michael Harris. Brindley has 13 for defense training and 13/13 for JA/JP so that will definitely help with finding gems in the conference.

Last edited:
But Brindley only has a 2 in Tactical training :(

This is my first FM Game and my first post on fm-base (I think), but I've really taken to both and seem to have a pretty good grasp on what's going on. So even if I'm a bit noobish I think I may be able to offer a critique that's useful.

Brindley has a high rating in Def (13) but Def is only ever useful in conjunction with Tactical Training (Tact). Here's a break down of each training category and the attributes you should look for when looking for a coach in that area.

GK: Goalkeeping
Def: Def & Tact
Atk: Atk & Tact
Tact: Tact
BalC: Ment & Tech
Shot: Atk & Tech
Fit: Fit

On top of those categories to look for, every coach needs to score well in the categories of Determination, Discipline and Motivation (it's not just for pep talks!).

All of this can be determined by using a link (its all over this forum) to a coaching calculator. I can't imagine using one is taboo in LLM (obviously assuming it's not a part of a larger cheat hack/program).

Scarff is a great Lower League scout btw... He was the first scout I hired for my own AFC Telford team. I couldn't look up that Harris guy, though. Perhaps he's not in my database. I found another guy named Shotton who's quite good (actually would make a decent Lower League coach but scout was the only thing I could get him to sign as).

AFC Telford sound good, I got successive promotions with Alfreton from BSP. Love LLM and managing in obscure leagues and it is so important to have the right staff and an academy at that level is awesome!

Good luck

Well, just got promoted to BSP with room to spare. My team was at least 20 points ahead of the competition. Also had the lowest goals against with 22 for the whole season, scored the most (21 games in a row) and filled my stadium to 25% of its capacity.

I also won the FA Trophy by humiliating the other teams. :D So that really helped the coffers as well. The board seem quite pleased with me, so hopefully they won't sell my awesome players. My top scorer was my youth centerback *** with 18 goals all from headers. The guy is a freaking beast. Got him on a free during the season as Brindley said he would be a good league 1 CB, paying him peanuts and he gives me gold. Only 17 too !!!

I did lose once or twice and tied a few times, but overall I destroyed. The only reason why I chose Brindley was for his JP JA abilities. Shotton is my youth coach :D

After playing friendlies with all the premier league reserve teams (~50k a game) I increased my revenue to over a million bucks and the board is now upgrading my youth facilities since I want to try to do the Arsenal Method eventually. I found tons of excellent frees and have pretty much redone the entire AFC Telford team. The only original is Killock because he's a **** good CB.

It seems my scout Harris increased his stats from 11/12 to 12/12. He has high adap and disc, so I found a couple more scouts with high adap and disc so hopefully they will increase as well.

What I'm trying to do is increase both my manager score and prestige of the club so I can get better staff. So far having scouts that have 10/11 or 10/16 is the best I can do without breaking the bank.

Will keep posting. Thanks for the replies!

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

Brindley has increased his JA/JP to 16/16 in one season. New staff are: Mcmenemy 11/11, Fennell 10/16
Coaches: Bailey, Lloyd, Ross and Probert. All have at least 10 DDM.

AFC Telford:
Liam O'brien gk
Nikki Ahamed rb
Matthew Pike cb
Shane Killock cb
Netan Sansara lb
Daniel Pilliskirk mc
Samir Carruturs dm
Christian Nanetti amr
Courtney Pitt aml
Terry Dixon st
Nathaniel Jarvis st (4 goals in debut game!!)
Fred Holton cb
Emexca Orwuliko dm
James Knowles mc
Gary Mackay-Steven aml
James Lawrie st
James Gilpin gk
Mounir El Huinorr aml
Frederic Daquin amr
Ibrahim Sissoko dm/mc
James Dalton gk
Ben Hoskin rb (always injured :()
Tommy Amos st
Sam Byles dm/mc
Liam Newman st
Simon *** cb (BEAST, injured :()
Danny Stockhall mc
Lewis Stockford mc
Sulaim Bangura cb
Charlie Kasler mc
Oliver hewit-Fisher aml/amr
Matt Barnes amr

I have majority on long contracts 2014 - 2016 so hopefully I will only stay in BSP for 2-3 season. Going to try for all the cups again. Paint Trophy pays out more than FA Trophy I hope !!!

Last edited: