Ajax’s board of directors resign

Tharros

Reaction score
Ajax's board of directors have announced their resignation over a disagreement with Johan Cruyff over how the club should be run.

Source

Wow... oO)
Thoughts? IMO it is a step in the right direction for Ajax. For too long now they have been selling off their best players. They will never be the powerhouse they once where if they do that.

All the entire board? Weird.

And all of this because an "argument" with Cruiff on how to rule the club, or have I completely misunderstood the text?
Is incredible how Cruiff likes to speak up his opinion about things regarding his former clubs, I thought he did only about Barça.

The entire board of directors resigned over 'advice' given to them by someone who isn't even employed by the club?

Crazy.

Proabably just looking for an excuse to do so, that's what it sounds like, far too far-fetched to be over something so trivial.

They haven't won the league since 2004 which, for a club of Ajax's stature in the Dutch league is pretty appalling, so I guess they can't have been doing much of a good job anyway.

Cruyff's done well everywhere he's gone. He's got the right idea about youth development, so if the board disagree with that, then it is definitely the best thing for Ajax as a club

They said that Cruyff is more important than them in the club, so they resigned.

They've always been a selling club. I guess that's the way they keep financially profitable - they must spend a lot of money on building a superb academy and unless there clearly isn't a lot of money in Dutch football. Perhaps if they kept a hold of their best players, they would be able to challenge for European competitions in a few seasons and get money that way, though.

Hope Ajax can bounce backf rom this, though.

Shame that Ajax loose key players every season

2009- 2010 Vernaelen, Ajax Captain leaves
2010-2011 Luis Suarez Ajax star striker leaves
2011-2012 Ajax #1 Goalie and best 2 defenders leave? (Stekelenburg, VDV and Vertonghen)

How bizarre. Cruyff has always to got too much to say in my opinion, he thinks he's the oracle

Anyone else think this guy is a bit of a ***?

I know he was a good player, but he interferes with everyone of his formers clubs business. He thinks because he was an outstanding player he can dictate how clubs are run. He even tried to do it in the summer and almost ordered van marwijk to play better football. You dont see Sir Bobby Charlton dictating how England and Man Utd should play.

This guy needs to learn his place.

Anyone else think this guy is a bit of a ***?

I know he was a good player, but he interferes with everyone of his formers clubs business. He thinks because he was an outstanding player he can dictate how clubs are run. He even tried to do it in the summer and almost ordered van marwijk to play better football. You dont see Sir Bobby Charlton dictating how England and Man Utd should play.

This guy needs to learn his place.

He might well interfere a lot, but he has a tendency to be right when he does interfere.

Well, Ajax's recent status as a selling club, while getting a good bit of cash in, is killing them on the field. They were doing pretty well this year, Suarez, Emmanuelson and Van der Wiel their main attacking sparks. Now two of them are gone, and they didn't get adequate replacements. Christ, even Mido left! They need to change if they want to get back to the summit of Dutch football.