Reaction score
Posted this on the SI forums but got no help.

You can play it on Windows 8 right?

Quick explanation....Trying to install FM12 on my new laptop, the game installation is fine it's when I get to the bit after the install where you tick the 2 boxes to install Microsoft DirectX and Microsoft Net. Framework 2.0, I select them and click finish and get the error message "Unable to execute file C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega...etc..directx.exe" then straight after ""Unable to execute file C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega...etc..donetfx.exe". Both have "Create process failed 740" underneath their respective
error message.

Is it a problem trying to install the DirectX & .net framework as they are older versions and don't run on Win8?

Cheers.

Are all your drivers etc up to date and have you verified the file cache via steam?

Yeah they're up to date. Whats the verify file cache?

Open up Steam, right click on game title, click on properties, then local files and finally verify integrity of game cache.

See if that helps. Normally handy if something hasn't downloaded properly

Ok, still not working..as I say the game installs fine its when I got to install the framworks and DIRECTX bit that it goes wrong. Also I'm transferring a saved game from an old laptop with a previous patch, if I do finally re-install it, can I select the relevant patch to start playing my old save?

Ok, still not working..as I say the game installs fine its when I got to install the framworks and DIRECTX bit that it goes wrong. Also I'm transferring a saved game from an old laptop with a previous patch, if I do finally re-install it, can I select the relevant patch to start playing my old save?

Had a look around for you and came across this on the FM website:

If you've upgraded your operating system to Windows 8 using the in-OS upgrade option (not reinstalling or installing from scratch), you will need to re-install Football Manager 2013, else you may encounter issues.

To do this follow the instructions below:

1. Launch Steam
2. Go into your Steam Library
3. Right-Click on Football Manager 2013
4. Select 'Delete Local Content' (This WILL NOT remove any save games, they are stored separately and will not be deleted)
5. Uninstall the game
6. Once this is complete Right-Click on Football Manager 2013 in your Steam Library
7. Select 'Install Game'
8. The game will now reinstall and once completed you'll be able to launch and play your game without issues