Allow myself to introduce...myself.

• Thread starter Thread starter phinehas68
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 467

phinehas68

Reaction score
Hey all, my name is Paul and I live in Austin, TX. I've been playing FM for about three years now. I tend to start in the lower leagues in England and try to take a team as far as I can. In the past, I usually run out of momentum or purchase the next year's FM and start over before ever reaching the Championship, let alone the Premier League, but I still keep trying. I can't help myself. I want to get that England Hero achievement someday.

In my newest save, I'm managing Salisbury. We've had a fantastic first year that saw us win the BSS on 104 points, winning the FA Trophy along the way. While I've made a number of mistakes over the year, I was fortunate enough to bring in some good signings in Junior Agogo, Nathan Hanley, Ian Flannigan, Matty Collins, and Mirko Ranieri. Perhaps the best capture was Nicholas Bignall, who I was offered on a free loan through our relationship with parent club, Reading. His Pace and Acceleration are insane, and he led the league in goals even when sharing the striker spot in a 4-5-1 Counter setup with Junior Agogo (depending on whether the opposition looked more vulnerable to speed or strength).

We are about to embark on our second year with around $22K to spend on wages and $8K for transfers. This will give me around $8K in wages to spend on new signings to help us compete in the BSP. (Suggestions are welcomed!) Confidence is high, since we played well against a number of BSP teams to win the FA Trophy. I have a feeling this team is going to be the one to take all the way to glory!

Back