Compulsive

Reaction score
I have made a new Welsh System down to County Leagues, I also moved Swansea, Cardiff etc back into the Welsh System and TNS etc back to the English System. The Rewards for placings have been significantly changed in the top flights and the Competitions.

Please make Suggestions/Comments about the Database so I can seek to Improve it further

Overall Enjoy the Database and getting your Welsh team to European Glory!

Some Blurb about the Database and the Changelog for the Database:

Alternative Welsh League System - Made by Zydra

Changes:
Removed all welsh leagues and remade them in a similiar standard as the English System
Moved all English Teams Back into the English System and Welsh Teams back into the Welsh system from English
Significant Financial Bonuses from Competitions
Each County (22) added to the system with min of 6 teams per County League (Some Counties merged)
Added Many different Cups and Trophies, Such as 1 per County, 1 for Regionals, 1 for Champ to Division 2
Added Champions Cup: Winners of the Previous years divisions; Premier to Regionals face off in a 8 Team Battle to win a Cup

Challenges:
Beating Swansea and Cardiff in the Premier in the first Few Seasons!
Moving your team from the Amateur Leagues (Counties Premier and First Divisions) up to the Welsh Premier

Role Play Behind Database:
In 2011 the Corbett's Premier League and Welsh Football Association came into Financial trouble, and was thus sold to an Unknown Organization, Leading to most sponsors not really knowing where to go for Name Rights to the Leagues, All the team officials know is their contacts name is 'Z', not much else is known about the Organization all that is known is thatthey are prepared to offer substantial finance rewards for good performances in Football, they decided that each League will have 20 teams, and that the County leagues will be a minimum of 6 teams if unable to fill then the county would get merged with another that is lacking in numbers also (e.g. Blaenau Gwent and Torfaen).

The Organization introduced several new competitions the Welsh System including a Trophy for each County and a Champions Cup winnable by the Champions of the top 8 Leagues (Welsh Prem, Welsh Champ, Welsh Div 1, Welsh Div 2, Sth Wales Reg, Nth Wales Reg, Gwent Reg, Dyfed-Powys Reg), Also an Amateur Trophy provided to the County First Divisions. The Country Premiers get a chance at the Counties Cup (also includes County First Divisions), Much like the English Community Shield Wales also has this, being between the winner of the Welsh Cup (Who also gets European Place) and the Welsh Premier League.

The Organization will in Future release it's name and accept sponsorship but until that time they will remain Anonymous.

Real Reason Behind Database:
I currently live in Wales and have noticed the tight nit fan base the teams have and thus have decided to dedicate this to them and myself ofcourse, Bangor Uni+Bangor City! Allowing Welsh Teams an actual chance at winning the UEFA Champions League just seemed needed and thus also Cardiff and Swansea will dominate the Premier League in the first few seasons, hopefully some fine play from Players and AI will change it earlier based on the Financial rewards the teams get from the Cups!

My wish is to see a Wales International Team actually manage a Win of the World Cup, so doing this database brings it a little closer to reality!

=ChangeLog=
v1.0001 - Balanced Reputations and Finances
- Removed All Players (Except Swansea and Cardiff)
V1.0000 - Released to Public for Scrutiny and Suggestions!

v0.1991 - Changed Yellow Card rule to 5, 10, 15 Cards similiar to English League.

v0.1989 - Added Manager of Month/Season to Championship, Division 1, Division 2, Regional Divisions
- Added Player of Month/Season to Championship, Division 1, Division 2, Regional Divisions
- Added Team of Week/Season to Championship, Division 1, Division 2, Regional Divisions

v0.1988 - Fixed Ranking Problem in Leagues lower than Premier - Teams were not ranking correctly
based on Goals For and Goals Difference (Added Rules)

v0.1985 - Added County Cups
- Added Welsh Amateur Trophy

Download Links:
http://www.mediafire.com/?upvk13th2e84ahl
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=6721

Last edited:
I really like this idea, 100% downlaoding it when i get home from work!

Being a life-long swans fan it would take a little adjustment but i dont think i'll go swans. The idea of taking a county team and get them into europe sounds too good to turn down, especially a welsh one.

The only suggestion would be to balance the overall league reputation and team reputation so that players want to play for the clubs(compared to other reputable leagues). But then again im not expert on this subject and i know there is a very fine balance, and i know if the clubs/leagues are successful then the reputation would slowly increase anyway.

Ill keep you updated once i start-game. As for the ambition of getting wales to win the world cup, i know that feeling all to well! The best i've done is to get wales through to the quarter finals of the euro's thanks to ched evans and simon church partnership, but that didnt last long and i'm now heavily investing in youth which isn't working out the best!

Craig

League and Team rep balancing actually sounds like a good idea, I have left my Computer simming the system and have found that due to the low rep teams in the premier the league dropped 45 reputation points obviously making the teams rich but leaving them unable to hold onto the good players or even sign any good players, my plan to fix this is to increase all the team reps to that of Cardiff region of rep so nPower Championship size rep then to create a nice balance of players so that the teams don't have their semi-pro players remove all the players and work out their values add em together and add that overall total to their cash balance.

I will do all this work over the next few days, but please feel free to continue using the current version and ill get onto it in good time.

Thanks. Zydra

Giving it a go with Llandudno in NW Regional. Will keep you posted.

Ok Database has been updated, Changed all reps to something more suitable for the leagues such as 200 for First Division Counties, 500 for County Premier 5000-6000 for Premier League (still provides the challenge I was looking for in this), also each team has been given a substantial financial bonus (not more than required for new good enough players).

Enjoy!

OK, Reloaded updated database and starting a game with Tenby in Pembrokeshire 1st Division.

This new Welsh system is great. I'm well into my season with Tenby currently top of the Pembrokeshire 1st Division with 5 wins out of 5 and still in all 4 cup competitions. 100% record in all competitions. The cup competitions are great.

Of Course Swansea are running away with the Welsh Premier but it doesn't look like such a easy ride for Cardiff who lie in 4th Place Llanelli and Bangor Occupy 2nd & 3rd respectively. Wrexham head the Welsh championship with Welshpool 2nd and Newport County 3rd.

Giving it a go with Llandudno in NW Regional.
iPad.gif

When i start to choose the leagues, this message appears to me!!! ' Warning could not process rule group settings in MyName-PC/C:/Users/MyName/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/editor data/AltWalesV1.0001.dbc Maximum number of teams <comp#1-long> (14) conflicts with minimum numbers of teams from this competition required (20) ' Please i need help!!!

View attachment 252666

Last edited:
To fix that error I suggest running the Game at the Most Recent Update (12.2.0) as that is what the Database was made using, if that doesn't work you can try Running it as 12.2.0 as well as making it the Only Database Editor File selected this is to avoid any possible editor files that have changed any welsh teams out of the welsh system :)

come across a problem. I won the Pembrokeshire 1st Division with Tenby but the game promoted me to the Denbighshire Premier any idea's ?

come across a problem. I won the Pembrokeshire 1st Division with Tenby but the game promoted me to the Denbighshire Premier any idea's ?

Yea the reason behind that is there isn't any Regional Settings such as Making sure Rhondda Cynon Taf 1st only goes to Rhondda Cynon Taf Premier, it is something i'm currently looking into, so soon there should be a new Database Update.

Thanks.

Hey- I know this is really late, do you think you could somehow remake this in FM15, or is there a database similar to this for fm15 already made?