Always Sh*t on the English side of the Bridge- A SCFC story.

Jake89

FM or Revision? Hmm.....
Reaction score
I know I only started a thread this morning with Sunderland, and I was really enjoying the game, but game file became corrupt. It's the first time it has happened to me and I only downloaded the 10.3 patch update this morning so i'm guessing its something to do with that. Im hoping it doesnt happen on this save as well but this time I will be backing it up.

View attachment 61259

Swansea City today announced the successor to Roberto Martinez, who left for bigger things with Wigan. The new man in charge is Ham Sanchez IV, a young Paraguyan/Irish manager who has a lot to prove in the game. He likes his team to get the ball down and play and this is believed to be the reason the Swansea board appointed him.

Swansea are renowned for their attractive football and they will look to continue this into the new era. There are many players I have in the squad which do not fit in with this philociphy and transfers will be made.

Swansea City are tipped for 9th place but I will be looking to get into the playoffs at least, and have been given a decent budget of £1.3m to try and achieve this dream.

First, to get rid of the deadwood.

SOLD

Guillem Bauza
Thomas Butler
Andrea Orlandi
Mark Gower
Leon Britton
Matty Collins
Garry Monk
Alan Tate

Total - £2.6m

BOUGHT

Morgan Schneiderlin - £2.5m
Matthew Booth - 120k
Michael Ball - Free
Olivier Dacourt - Free
Craig Cathcart - Loan
Daniel Pacheco - Loan
Marlon Harewood - Loan
Dan Gosling - Loan
Nacer Barazite - Loan
Rodrigo Possebon - Loan

Overview

View attachment 61260

Tactics

View attachment 61261

These are tactics I used in a game where I was manager of Wales. The team look to keep the passing short and have a lot of creative freedom. Look to dominate possesion in the midfield area and then use good creativity and vision to send the strikers through on goal.

Pre-Season

View attachment 61262

Overall a very good pre-season. We scored a lot of goals and a lot of them come from our attacking players. The win over Villa was fantastic we had almost 60% possesion and created the most chances.

If we can keep this form going into the Championship season I think we will be a real attacking force and defences will really struggle to cope with us.

Champsionship

View attachment 61267Leicester 2 - 6 Swansea (Pacheco x2, Harewood x2, Schneiderlin, Berner O.G)
View attachment 61267Swansea 4 - 0 Northampton (Harewood x2, Booth, Schneiderlin) League Cup 1st Round
View attachment 61267Swansea 3 - 1 Middlesborough (Harewood x2, Arca O.G)
View attachment 61268Swansea 2 - 2 Reading (Booth, Kuqi)
View attachment 61267Coventry 1 - 2 Swansea (Harewood x2)
View attachment 61267Barnsley 1 - 2 Swansea (Harewood, Booth) League Cup 2nd Round

Review

Absolutely fantastic month which saw us only not win in one game. The win against Leicester on the opening day was particularly please as it sent out a message to the other teams in the league. Another good win followed against Middlesborugh, a favourate to get promoted back to the Premier League.

Current Table

View attachment 61263

Sitting comfortably in 2nd place only behind West Brom. We can hopefully keep this form going into the next month now and push on towards our goal
View attachment 61264

Player of the Month
Marlon Harewood

Has to be Marlon Harewood. He has been brilliant so far this season getting 9 goals and 2 assists in the 6 games played. Average rating of 8.33 is simply outstanding and if he can keep scoring like this we will certainly be near the top of the table at the end of the year.
View attachment 61265

Young Player of the Month
Morgan Schneiderlin

A great month from the youngster as he was forced straight into the first team. He has been dictating play and a real creative force. 2 goals and 3 assists from the lad have left him a real favourate with the fans already.

View attachment 61266

Last edited:
Good luck, I'll be following of course.

Your Swansea story is brilliant Mike, always read your updates. You from Swansea ?

Cheers Giggles and Dan, hope you will follow :)

Good god, Marlon Harewood is on fire!

Your Swansea story is brilliant Mike, always read your updates. You from Swansea ?

Cheers Giggles and Dan, hope you will follow :)

Nah mate, near though. You?

Yeh i'm in my final year of Uni there. Originally from Newport.

SEPTEMBER

View attachment 61289Swansea 2 - 0 Watford (Kuqi, Possebon)

View attachment 61291Preston 2 - 0 Swansea

View attachment 61291Swansea 0 - 1 Bristol City

View attachment 61290Barnsley 1 - 1 Swansea (Kuqi)

View attachment 61291Swansea 0 - 3 Aston Villa League Cup 3rd Round

View attachment 61289Swansea 3 - 0 Sheff Utd (Harewood, Kuqi, Rangel)

View attachment 61290Doncaster 1 - 1 Swansea (Harewood)

REVIEW

Terrible month for us as we only picked up 2 league wins. Simply not good enough and we will have to improve if we are going to get promoted. Harewood dipped in form and it showed, we struggled for goals at the start of the month. The Preston defeat wasn't too bad, they have some great players like Welbeck, Rodwell, Anichebe and Lonergan.

Doncaster got a penalty in the last minute after we dominated the match, just failed to get that 2nd goal and it cost us. Bristol City also snatched a late goal against us which hurt.

Player of the Month

Marlon Harewood

The only player to come through the month with his head held high. 2 goals and an assist is not a bad return but him and the rest of the team need to go back to how we were playing in the first month.

View attachment 61295

Championship Table

View attachment 61296

Somehow we have managed to stay just inside the play-off zone this month and thats a good sign. If we can pick some wins up next month then we can push back up the table where we belong.

OCTOBER UPDATE

Currently 3 games unbeaten going into the month of October and still just inside the playoff places, I was looking to cement myself in the top 6 and establish a lead over the chasing pack.

View attachment 61397Swansea 3 - 2 QPR (Harewood x2, Barazite)

Happy to take all 3 points but pretty disappointed that they let a 2 goal lead slip in the last 10 minutes. Luckily substitute Barazite came on in the 85th minute and scored in the 90th to make sure we didn't drop points.

View attachment 61399Ipswich 0 - 2 Swansea (Schneiderlin, Harewood)

View attachment 61397West Brom 2 - 0 Swansea

Not too unhappy because we put in a good performance and probably deserved a draw. WBA are still top of the league and are unbeaten, so we couldn't have expected much away from home anyway.

View attachment 61399Swansea 5 - 0 Blackpool (Harewood x3, van der Gun, Barazite)

Great win and we dominated from start to finish. More games like this and I am sure we will be firing our way up the table in no time.

View attachment 61398 Scunthorpe 3 - 2 Swansea (Harewood, Jordi Lopez)

Another disappontingly late defeat. We need to stop conceding late on or we are going to drop too many points over the course of the season.
A Gary Hooper hat-trick destroyed us in this game as he had the beating of Matthew Booth for pace everytime.

REVIEW

View attachment 61397
A very mixed month in which we had some great performances and some poor performances. We need to find some consistency to stand a chance of getting promoted this season.

Harewood has been fantastic again and he rarely fails to find the back of the net in a game. 7 goals in 5 games this month for the powerful striker and he is looking a cert to be named the top scorer in the league.

Will be expecting better next month and our first game is the South Wales derby against Cardiff. The first derby of the season will be held in Swansea and they will be looking to take all 3 points. Next month also sees a long away trip to underperforming Newcastle, who currently sit mid-table.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Daniel Pacheco

Well it would be Marlon Harewood, he is clearly the best player, but I thought that might get a bit boring if he won it every month.

Daniel Pacheco has had a really good month in AMC, playing just off the striker putting in some quality key passes and assists.

View attachment 61421

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Morgan Schneiderlin

Proving to be a really good signing for us. The youngster has been great again in CM stringing the play together with simple but effective passes.

View attachment 61422

Championship Table

View attachment 61423

Not too far off the pace despite not being in great form. We can hopefully go on a good run soon and string some wins together.

View attachment 61433

Swansea v Cardiff

Today sees the first of this seasons South Wales derbies. Swansea (7th) will be looking for an early season victory over their rvials Cardiff (17th).

Kick Off
1 Min-
Swansea start the match positively, Barazite and Pacheco knocking it around in the middle of the park, Barazite gets the ball, threads it through to the back post, it sits up for van der Gun, on the volley, GOOOOOALLLL!!! Swansea are one up in a matter of seconds. Fantastic start to this game.
4 Min- Another chance for Swansea as they continue to dominate possesion. Van der Gun gets the ball on the left, cuts inside and squeezes the ball through to Pacheco who just blazes over.
22 Min- Cardiff almost make Swansea suffer for missing several chances as Bothroyd receives a ball over the top on the counter attack and is one on one with the goalkeeper, only to hit the post and watch the ball roll straight into the goalkeepers hands.
36 Min- Good build up play from Ball and van der Gun on the left, the ball then comes into Possebon, he spots a pass, threads it through to Harewood who is through on goal, he hits it, GOOOOALLL!!! It's now 2-0 to Swansea as Harewood smashes the ball past David Marshall and into the back of the net. Swansea are running away with this one.
41 Min- Burke has the ball on the left, passes inside to Bothroyd, fantastic turn onto his left, past the defender, hes hit it, ITS IN! WHAT. A. GOAL. All to play for here now as that fantastic strike from Bothroyd has pulled it back to 2-1. Game On.
45 Min- Half Time

Well that was a brilliant first half, end to end stuff and Swansea are probably deservedly just in the lead. This game could go either way though as Swansea look a bit suspect at the back sometimes.

45 Min- Kick Off
60 Min-
Its been a slow start to the second half so far with no chances for either team, here we go though, Barazite hits a delightful ball over the top to Harewood who is through on goal, he hits it past the keeper but it bounces back off the post, OH NO, DISASTER FOR CARDIFF!! Its 3-1 as the backtracking defender Paul Quinn tries to stop the ball crossing the line but as it hits the post, it bounces back, hits him in the leg and goes in. Its 3-1 Swansea here now.
80 Min-
Burke with the ball on the left for Cardiff, looking to find a way back into this game, he swtiches it to the other flank, Etuhu now with the ball, he skips past Ball and fires in a cross, Bothroyd is there, meets it with his head and GOAL! ITS IN! 3-2, FANTASTIC GAME.
82 Min-
Swansea are just keeping the ball now, knocking it around and frustrating Cardiff, the ball goes to the left with van der Gun who cuts inside and fires in a great shot, parried by the keeper but Pacheco reacts first, HE'S DONE IT, IT'S ALL OVER NOW SURELY!!!. 4-2 to Swansea as Pacheco slots the ball into the corner as the keeper scrambles to get back.
90 Min- Full Time.
View attachment 61439
View attachment 61438

A great win for the fans today and they will have the boasting rights until the sides next meet. This big win has propelled us into 5th in the league and we will now look to cement our place inside the playoff zone and hope to push nearer to the automatic places.

Lee Trundle looks to have gotten himself into some serious trouble with the FA though after walking around the pitch after the game with a Welsh flag with the words "**** Off Cardiff" written on. This did not go down well in front of the Cardiff fans and they reacted aggressively, throwing missiles at Trundle.

View attachment 61432

Barazite Loan Finishes

Barazite made 12 appearances in his 3 month loan deal getting himself 2 goals, 3 assists and an average rating of 7.02.

Swansea complete double loan swoop

Obertan and Brandy sign on 3 month deals from Parent Club Manchester United. They could be crucial in their time here as Obertan looks set to replace Barazite on the right of the midfield. Brandy's pace could be a match winner off the bench for Swansea.

Last edited:
Great results pal, lets see a Welsh team in the premier league next season, and not Cardiff!

An error message just came up saying something went wrong in the Football Manager 10 folder, crash dump or something. The game had to close and I don't know when it was last saved. I will check now, maybe I won't have the motivation to get back to where I was. If not I guess the story is over...