An Idiot Abroad.

Bodell

Reaction score
Hello there :)

I don't know if many off you watch Ricky Gervias's programme's. But I recently seen the advert for this on tele, and it looks hillarious.

Karl Pilkington, I'm sure you've all heard off him, I've seen a few sigs about his head as well. But he's the main person, they basically send him abroad to look at all these different countries, and he pretty much hates it.

It's on tonight at 9:00pm on Sky One. I seriously reccomend you watch it :).

Here's a link to the SkyOne website, and it shows some pictures of him in various countries.

http://sky1.sky.com/an-idiot-abroad

Sorry if this was a bit random, just thought I'd let you know it was on :)

:wub:

love it. been listening to him since they started on xfm. one of the big driving points the whole thing, including the podcats has been about ricky getting karl famous, so he gets hassled in the streets etc

I must say he looks really funny, not seen much off him before, but this looks to be really funny.

Looks good, luckily you have reminded me to watch it! I nearly forgot :S

It looks promising, will definitely be watching it

Looks good, luckily you have reminded me to watch it! I nearly forgot :S

That's the reason I made it you see, there's been plenty off things I've wanted to watch and missed the first one. So I'm here to remind you guys (K)

Looks like a good show :). Will probably watch it :).

It's been pushed way too far by Sky One. There seems to be an advert of it every break, and it's bugging me. I've still set it to record, though.

Looks great and you know Ricky Gervais will have him doing the most ridiculous things, just because he knows he hates it so much... Does it start this week ?

I saw Ricky Gervais at the Hammersmith Apollo, doing his 'Science' tour (though it had nothing to do with that as far as i could tell.) I thought he was ******* hilarious, but i expect many people have different opinions. However, it does seem that there is a collective appreciation of his XFM and Guardian podcasts with Steven Merchant and Karl Pilkington (legend).

Anyway, after watching his show last night - in which he mentioned Karl Pilkington and mentioned him and the podcasts in the programme.

A little explanation:

The Story so far...

The Ricky Gervais Show features Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington chatting about stuff. Basically each episode is a half-hour or so of audio drivel. With 24 episodes and counting - it's been quite popular, garnering an award from 'Wired' magazine and a Guinness World Record. The first episode became the number one download within hours of launch and the show has been there pretty much ever since with over eight million downloads and counting.

Podcasts

You can get all 12 episodes of the original podcasts in one gasp for a small charge at either audible.com or iTunes

September 2008
Series 5 of The Ricky Gervais Show is released on iTunes and Audible, going straight to the top of the charts around the world.
Available here.

From my thread on Ricky Gervais and co.

Haven't seen this one yet though, has it started yet? There's a big poster on my way to school!

Can't wait. And at long last, madsheeps signature finally has a purpose :wub:

Can't wait. And at long last, madsheeps signature finally has a purpose :wub:
i cannot wait for that round headed fool, just been listening to him today, unique drivel

Love Karl as people have said known of since xfm and the podcasts he is a unique man love him

Is he actually like that in real life, or does he put it all on for the camera?

Very very funny, Rickey Gervais is starting to grind on me though, his laugh is atrocious!

Is he actually like that in real life, or does he put it all on for the camera?
this is the brillinant bit, hes like that. hes been like that from the start, and steve and rickey have just prodded him for years. karl does like the idea of being able to get his views in public, but then ricky always finds a way to turn it on him. ricky is basically the worst friend you can have

Watched the preview show earlier, seemed very funny so will be watching eventually.

1 minute, sky1. Get on it!!