nikola82

Reaction score
[video=youtube;qAiSOif7oHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAiSOif7oHk[/video]

Tactic Name: Total Domination
Tactic Formation:4-1-2-2-1
Beautiful Football - short passing with a lot of possession and with a really nice results..Need players with Technique,First Touch,Passing,Vision..Whole tactic is explained in that video...Enjoy and have fun!!!

View attachment 75107View attachment 75106

http://www.filedropper.com/niktotaldomination

I'd add a d/l link for the tactic, you're not gonna get many people sitting through the video otherwise.

Possession tactic? Where? True possession tactic give you 70-75% ball time average per game(and passes 600-700 to 100-200). Last tactic of this kind was made for FM2015.

Possession tactic? Where? True possession tactic give you 70-75% ball time average per game(and passes 600-700 to 100-200). Last tactic of this kind was made for FM2015.

I mean with some tweaks you can have even more possession but problem is that then you wont create chances.Who said that you wont make more than 600 passes with this tactic...I had more than 65% possession with some weak teams vs some really great teams so you cant say its not a possession tactic...

Last edited:
Some of TTF's in FM17 were easily tweakable into possession tactics, i was averaging 68% a season

Some of TTF's in FM17 were easily tweakable into possession tactics, i was averaging 68% a season
I mean even with this tactic in some games my opps make like 2 counters and they score a goal while my team make 20 shoots and 0 goals...I mean its not so easy to make possession tactic with which you can make some nice results....Anyway i saw some really nice football with this tactic...

I mean with some tweaks you can have even more possession but problem is that then you wont create chances.Who said that you wont make more than 600 passes with this tactic...I had more than 65% possession with some weak teams vs some really great teams so you cant say its not a possession tactic...

Average % in whole league season? Tactic(about I mentioned) 25-30 shots per game and litteraly crushing opponent. Creation of the guy from FMKorea. 3.5 goal/game and if I remember correct 0.3 lost goals/game(when you play team like Bayern, Barcelona, etc.).

Think your find that it was FM10 was the first time 600-700 maybe more passes and 65-75% of ball time first come around! i should know i did it LOL

As the author saids - Their is such a thing as efficient possession and inefficent possession - often getting a high number of completed passes also means extreme caution and less chances created - its a defensive act more than its an act towards a positive purpose - scoring goals.

So getting 60-65% possession in general would probably be around the sweetspot in terms of still creating a good number of quality chances and keeping the opponent from scoring often.

It is doable to create tactics with high percentage possession in fm18 also with 700+ passes - getting a solid 75% in general I haven't seen yet when a match is at fulltime - I have seen though that you can have it long through out the match and then go down - still I have only seen it in inefficient setups.

I would love to see your guys setup a tactic that can have 70%+ possession in general against average opponents - its a good challenge - and then to find the balance as well - makes it even harder - pull it off and it might be special.

Cheers

Average % in whole league season? Tactic(about I mentioned) 25-30 shots per game and litteraly crushing opponent. Creation of the guy from FMKorea. 3.5 goal/game and if I remember correct 0.3 lost goals/game(when you play team like Bayern, Barcelona, etc.).

What is this tactic from FMKorea? I am member of the forum and I haven't seen a tactic like this.

When can we expect a tactic from you?

Thanking you in anticipation.

As the author saids - Their is such a thing as efficient possession and inefficent possession - often getting a high number of completed passes also means extreme caution and less chances created - its a defensive act more than its an act towards a positive purpose - scoring goals.

So getting 60-65% possession in general would probably be around the sweetspot in terms of still creating a good number of quality chances and keeping the opponent from scoring often.

It is doable to create tactics with high percentage possession in fm18 also with 700+ passes - getting a solid 75% in general I haven't seen yet when a match is at fulltime - I have seen though that you can have it long through out the match and then go down - still I have only seen it in inefficient setups.

I would love to see your guys setup a tactic that can have 70%+ possession in general against average opponents - its a good challenge - and then to find the balance as well - makes it even harder - pull it off and it might be special.

Cheers

Creating an efficient tactic with 70% possession is impossible in FM18. Also do remember that possession is calculated differently in FM then in real life.

update this tactic

Helo can you update this tactic 18.2.2 plz